1087 users online (216 members and 871 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Jared McGuire, 8, Greenacres, 23 Feb 2006

AMBER ALERT: Palm Beach Boy Forced Into White Van

POSTED: February 24, 2006

A statewide Amber Alert was issued overnight for an 8-year-old boy missing from Palm Beach County.

Amber Alert Poster

Police said Jared McGuire disappeared Thursday in Greenacres. Witnesses claim he was forced into a white van, which then took off.

McGuire is described as a white boy with brown hair and green eyes. He is 4 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 65 pounds. He is wearing a gray Old Navy T-shirt with red lettering, blue jean shorts and no shoes.

Authorities said McGuire was abducted by a white man with gray or dark hair and goatee, wearing a collared long-sleeve multi-colored flannel shirt, blue jeans, white tennis shoes, and a black ball cap.

Police believe the child was forced into a dirty white mid-'90s full-size Chevrolet van with a sliding passenger door and a Florida license plate.

Anyone with any information in the case is asked to call Greenacres Public Safety at (561) 688-3375 or the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Missing Children Information Clearinghouse at (888) FL MISSING.

http://www.local6.com/news/7394504/detail.html

Amber Alert issued for missing autistic boy

Posted on Fri, Feb. 24, 2006

An Amber Alert was issued Friday morning for an 8-year-old autistic boy who went missing from Greenacres Thursday afternoon.

Jared McGuire was last seen in the area of Forest Hill Boulevard and Jog Road. He was seen being forced into a dirty white Chevy van, according to a police report.

Authorities describe the abductor as a gray-haired white man in his 50s sporting a goatee, long flannel shirt, blue jeans, tennis shoes and a black baseball cap.

''The boy is autistic and can't speak,'' said Bill Stewart, one of many call takers at the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

Jared has green eyes, brown hair and a white complexion. He is about four-feet, eight inches and weighs 65 pounds. He was last seen wearing a gray Old Navy T-shirt with red lettering, blue jean shorts and no shoes.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/13952007.htm

This is sad. They all are, but this little guy is autistic. Praying they find him soon!

Prayers for his safe return. I wonder who saw him being abducted? None of the articles say . . .

Note: The first report on him was a "missing child report" and only later did it become an Amber Alert, apparently. Did they not first have information that he was grabbed off the street and whisked away? It's curious, the progression of alerts.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=26235

I also wonder

Maybe I've become too cynical, but I also wonder who saw this abduction. Autistic children are not easy to raise...I just wonder.

I know, LYmom. I feel so guilty being this cynical, but if someone ACTUALLY witnessed a child being grabbed off the street and thrown into a van, that would be an actual news story with news reporters on the scene. I can't find an actual news story, just this official amber alert.

Prayers he is safe somewhere, he just looks so vulnerable.

Boy Missing

A Greenacres boy is missing and feared to have been kidnapped. An amber alert has been issued for Jared Mcguire. The 8-year old autistic boy has been missing since Thursday afternoon.

His mother says, he was asleep on the couch, and then when she checked on him again, he was gone.

Later in the day someone believes they saw him being shoved into a van at a shopping plaza near their home.
    http://wpecnews12.com/engine.pl?stat...ttopstory.html

Thanks Fourboys. I looked these locations up on mapquest, and the shopping mall is VERY close to where he lives, it seems possible he could have walked there, even barefoot.

The star is in the location of the shopping center, and his home is on White Pine Cir, just south east of the star.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=FL&zipcode=

I meant to post this yesterday, but at the time no amber alert had been issued.

My daughter has vocal lessons near this plaza I do my grocery shopping here! It's always extremely busy. There are only two ways to get in or out of this plaza. But at one end you have a winn-dixie with lots of traffic and at the other a dunkin donuts which has a window facing the road. There's also alot of pedestrians in this area.

I just don't know what to think.

They found a body!

Oh No! I'm just sick.

Body of autistic 8-year-old boy found in lake near his Greenacres home

GREENACRES -- The body of an 8-year-old autistic boy who went missing yesterday afternoon was found around 10:40 a.m. Friday in a shallow pond several hundred feet from his home in The Pines townhouse development.

The discovery was made by the marine unit of the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office. Officials said the boy's body was floating in the lake when discovered.

The grisly find was made as the child's family was holding a prayer circle in their home.

An autopsy will be conducted to determine the time and cause of death.

It was not immediately known if foul play was involved in the child's death. That investigation continues.

Continued:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...home-headlines

It's possible he drowned. I hate to say it but I really hope that's the case. This is so sad

Didn't someone see him getting pulled into a van???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast