1016 users online (196 members and 820 guests)  

Websleuths News

Penns' woods

Nekid Skunk

When local wildlife removal expert Eric McCool peered into a trap Wednesday, he encountered a strange sight - a hairless skunk.

McCool, who has provided wildlife removal services for 20 years from Ohio to Florida, said he has "never seen anything like it."

The unusual specimen was living under a home on North Street in Oil City.

On first glance, the creature enclosed in a small box trap resembled a ferret. Its bare skin contained numerous folds, and the telltale black and white markings (that would have enlivened its coiffure if it had one) were faintly visible on the skin, like a faded tattoo.

"He looks perfectly healthy," McCool said. "There are no signs of lesions or disease."

He was surprised that the mammal has lasted through the winter without its normal coat.

"He's surviving. How he's surviving, I'm not sure," he said.

Full story at link:

Oh goodness, now they will start breeding these and they will become "pet of the month" fad.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Aw, how stinkin cute