1141 users online (171 members and 970 guests)  

Websleuths News

Autistic College Senoir scores 20 points!

The team manager for Greece was allowed to play in the final game of the season. He scored 20 points, 18 of those from three point shots. The crowd shouted his name, held up signs with his picture and went wild. What an inspiring thing this coach did!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/preps/260760_night24.html

!

I saw this last night. It was really awesome! We see so many sad stories on the news...that it is refreshing to see something like this.

I was going to post this one too, what a heart tugging story. More on the story here

This was an awesome feat for this boy and such a heart-warming story. I cried when I saw it on tv and then again when I read an article about it. Sometimes good things do happen to good people.

JMHO
    fran

PS......oh,.....and the movie 'Rudy' is one of my favorites. I can watch it over and over again. Of course, being Irish couldn't possibly have anything to do with it!

Thumbs up

"I ended my career on the right note," he told The Associated Press by phone Thursday. "I was really hotter than a pistol!"

You GO Dude!! Great story, thanks.

I just heard more about this on the news. The family has just had to hire an attorney for their son. There are so many company's calling and wanting to make a movie out of their son's story!
    They say they hired the attorney, mainly to protect their son as they want to make sure he is not portrayed in a bad light. They also said if they had their choice they would want Leonard Di'Caprio to act the part of their son.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    I just heard more about this on the news. The family has just had to hire an attorney for their son. There are so many company's calling and wanting to make a movie out of their son's story!
    They say they hired the attorney, mainly to protect their son as they want to make sure he is not portrayed in a bad light. They also said if they had their choice they would want Leonard Di'Caprio to act the part of their son.
    That's so cute!

Not only did this story make me smile, it made my cry. What a great coach! Bless this little guy heart. I am so touched.

Just goes to show, we can do anything we put our minds.

President Bush Meets Autistic Boy

Bush meets autistic basketball player

ROCHESTER, N.Y., March 14 (UPI) -- U.S. President George Bush met a basketball hero Tuesday, in 5-foot-6 Jason McElwain, an autistic boy whose basketball exploits grabbed national attention.

Bush met Jason as Air Force One landed in Rochester, N.Y., for a presidential appearance at a senior center where Bush was talking about the Medicare prescription drug benefit.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...4-122319-2997r

Quote Originally Posted by spclk
    Bush meets autistic basketball player

ROCHESTER, N.Y., March 14 (UPI) -- U.S. President George Bush met a basketball hero Tuesday, in 5-foot-6 Jason McElwain, an autistic boy whose basketball exploits grabbed national attention.

Bush met Jason as Air Force One landed in Rochester, N.Y., for a presidential appearance at a senior center where Bush was talking about the Medicare prescription drug benefit.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...4-122319-2997r
    This was so sweet. When the guy shook President Bush's hand he said "It's been a pleasure to meet you."

President Bush hugged him and said, "The pleasure was mine."

It was so sweet.

fran

Made me tear up a bit.

This totally moved me to tears. I have a child with special needs and to see things like this, well, it is beyond words to describe it accurately.