NC NC - WILLIAMS, Robert Scott, Union County

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Decapitated body identified as North Carolina woman

...The woman was identified through DNA testing as 46-year-old Sharon Tucker Stone of Monroe, N.C., Chesterfield County Coroner Donnie Baker said.
Her case bears similarities to those of two women found dead in North Carolina's Union County, Union County (N.C.) Sheriff Eddie Cathey said.
"The bodies were found abandoned in areas of low traffic or creeks," he said, adding that the three women had "similar lifestyles."

...Authorities said they also hope to determine whether the women were killed by the same person. The two other women were found dead in 1997 and 2004, Cathey said.

Sharon House Pressley, 36, was found dead in September 1997 near the the border of Union and Cabarrus counties in North Carolina, Cathey said.

Christina Parker, 33, was found dead in January 2004 only a quarter of a mile from where Pressley was found, Cathey said.

More: http://www.morningnewsonline.com/se...5531&path=!news

Is there a possibility that a trucker may have done these crimes or a resident of that area? Are there more victims?
What is Union County, NC like?

What do the victims have in common that the article notes them having as "similar lifestyles"?
Rich? Poor? Same career choices? Problems with substances? Runaways?
Mothers with children? What is the link?

N.C., S.C. officers to investigate links among 3 women's deaths
Law enforcement officers in North Carolina and South Carolina will investigate the possibility that three women who were killed in the past nine years were victims of a serial killer.

Union County Sheriff Eddie Cathey said at a news conference Thursday that officers are investigating all possibilities, including that the deaths aren't connected. But he also said that investigators "are certainly concerned" that the deaths could be the work of a serial killer.

..."They all worked the streets, lived on the streets, lived a high-risk lifestyle," he said.
The bodies of the two other women were found near or in a creek in the northern part of Union County _ Christina "Christy" Parker, 33, of Charlotte in 2004 and Sharon House Pressley, 37, of Monroe in 1997.

Like Stone, both women had been shot in the head. Also like Stone, neither woman was reported missing before her death. All three also had criminal records.

Both Parker and Pressley had drug convictions, and Pressley was charged with prostitution seven months before her death, records show.

Detectives Work Together On Unsolved Murders

UNION CO., N.C. -- Eyewitness News has learned that five murders and a brutal attack over a hundred mile area across Charlotte may be connected.

...Investigators say similarities exist between her murder and the killings of two women found in northern Union County and the Hickory murders.

More: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/7383722/detail.html?rss=char&psp=news

SHARON HOUSE PRESSLEY

On September 19, 1997, the body of Sharon House Pressley was found on Hopewell Church Road in Union County NC. Investigators believe that her body was dumped there after being murdered at another location. This is a very rural area of Northern Union County less than ¼ mile from the Cabarrus County line.​
Pressley was last seen on September 18, 1997 in the Jackson Park/Ashley Circle Area of Charlotte NC. She had recently returned to the Charlotte area after being away for some time. She was known to frequent motels in the Wilkinson Blvd. Area of Charlotte NC.

In addition to any Crime Stoppers reward the Governor of NC has offered $5000.00 reward for the information leading to the arrest and indictment of persons responsible for this murder.​

Investigating agency: Union County Sheriff's Office​

Call Union County Crime Stoppers at 704-283-5600

Or Union County Sheriff's Office at 704-283-3768

Shannon%20Pressley1.jpg
sharon%20pressley2.jpg

Reference: http://www.co.union.nc.us/ucso/Crimestoppers/Crimes/CRIMES.HTM

Authorities Identify Body Found In Creek

POSTED: 2:23 p.m. EST January 8, 2004
UPDATED: 6:04 p.m. EST January 8, 2004

Story by wsoctv.com

MONROE, N.C. -- A Monroe woman has been identified as the homicide victim discovered Jan. 5 in northern Union County.

Authorities say family members identified 33-year-old Christina Outz Parker.
Parker's last known address is listed as 324 East Houston Street in Monroe, however, investigators are attempting to locate her most recent address.

She was known to frequent the Fairley Avenue and Charles Street areas of Monroe.
Investigators confirmed that Parker died of multiple gunshot wounds to the head.

Additionally, they believe the body had been in the creek for at least several days.

Due to the location where the body was found, investigators continue to compare the case with the 1997 murder of 37-year-old Sharon House Pressley.

More: http://www.officer.com/news/IBS/wsoc/news-1949163.html

Professor says latest murder fits pattern of other slayings

[size=-1]11:51 AM EST on Wednesday, February 22, 2006[/size]

...UNC Charlotte criminology professor Paul Friday has a different answer. "From all the evidence that you've given me, it fits the classic stereotype of a missionary serial killer," he told 6NEWS.
Friday said it's one of the most common serial killers, someone who targets people like prostitutes, people who don’t fit their moral value.
"And they believe that they're actually doing society a favor," said Friday.
He said the mutilation is another layer to the profile of someone who finds sexual gratification from killing.

"So if they associate pleasure with the killing then when they feel tense again they're going to kill, and the more they kill the more frequently they want to do it," he said

More: http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-022206-jmn-murder_pattern.500012c5.html

D_IMAGE.10941787f49.93.88.fa.d0.503ccda2.jpg

6NEWS

Investigators are trying to see if a murder in Chesterfield is connected to two killings in Union County.

I totally agree with the professor's theory. Especially the part about the killings increasing. Don't think this is a trucker though...it seems to be very rural area. Actually I take that back. I started thinking of other applications of delivery to rural areas.

It would help to know what the mutilation was.

This sounds pretty scary. I do hope they can make some connections and get some answers soon.

I think there are more victims there's too much time lapsed in between. He may operate in different areas and use different MO's to throw off LE.

A man has been arrested in all 3 murders...

Authorities today said a state transportation department road crew worker who outwardly led "a regular life" has been charged with three counts of murder in the deaths of three women whose bodies were found over nine years in two states.

Scott Wilson Williams, 42, of Clontz Long Road, Monroe, was arrested about 1:30 a.m. today at his home, Union County Sheriff Eddie Cathey said at an afternoon press conference.

Cathey said Williams had no prior record and never been a suspect for anything in the past.

"He lived a regular life, worked a job, went to work every day," Cathey said. "He lived a normal life except for these three or four occasions."

Cathey was hesitant to describe the suspect as a "serial killer." He said the slayings weren't his original intent but developed from other actions. He would not elaborate.

more at link:
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/14058095.htm

Boy, does that fit. A state transportation employee. Knows the back roads into rural areas.Has a reason to be there and no priors.

Melly said:
A man has been arrested in all 3 murders...

Authorities today said a state transportation department road crew worker who outwardly led "a regular life" has been charged with three counts of murder in the deaths of three women whose bodies were found over nine years in two states.

Scott Wilson Williams, 42, of Clontz Long Road, Monroe, was arrested about 1:30 a.m. today at his home, Union County Sheriff Eddie Cathey said at an afternoon press conference.

Cathey said Williams had no prior record and never been a suspect for anything in the past.

"He lived a regular life, worked a job, went to work every day," Cathey said. "He lived a normal life except for these three or four occasions."

Cathey was hesitant to describe the suspect as a "serial killer." He said the slayings weren't his original intent but developed from other actions. He would not elaborate.

more at link:
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/14058095.htm

They call this living a "regular" and "normal" life? :doh:
Give me a break. What is NORMAL about killing even once, twice and especially THREE frickin' times? :doh:
What kind of cop would say this?
Does this cop have a hand in this? Did the cop do it and pit it on this guy?
Seems like he's going easy on this fella.

PrayersForMaura said:

They call this living a "regular" and "normal" life? :doh:
Give me a break. What is NORMAL about killing even once, twice and especially THREE frickin' times? :doh:
What kind of cop would say this?
Does this cop have a hand in this? Did the cop do it and pit it on this guy?
Seems like he's going easy on this fella.
I suspect the reporter may have been quoting out of context or otherwise playing fast and loose with the story to make it seem more sensational. Actually when I read the story it said he had been in and out of court several times and so his life wasn't all that pure. Even if he had managed to avoid charges for major violent crime there did seem to be warning signs that this was not a sterling citizen.

docwho3 said:
I suspect the reporter may have been quoting out of context or otherwise playing fast and loose with the story to make it seem more sensational. Actually when I read the story it said he had been in and out of court several times and so his life wasn't all that pure. Even if he had managed to avoid charges for major violent crime there did seem to be warning signs that this was not a sterling citizen.
I hope so, otherwise I'd be wondering if the cops were in on this, saying clean up the streets if you know what I mean, since the victims were all women who had lead hard lives on the streets.

I am wondering if there re more victims. These murders spanned, what, 9 years?
How many missing women are out there from the Carolinas, especially that fit this profile?

I am going to do some searches.
I am betting there's at least a few more.
I am thinking he IS a serial killer. Why think there are only 3?

It will be interesting to see what your searches find, PrayersForMaura.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back