Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

easybz

Reaction score
This was posted on a message board I came across from someone who claimed to have worked with Darin and Darlie in the 80's. This guy says Darlie was not a very friendly person, but Darin was a down to earth guy. Here is his quote:

"The afternoon before the early morning that the kids were murdered, Darin had been at our plant and had discussed with our production manager some contract work that we were going to be giving to Darin. At the time, our business was very strong and we were having trouble keeping up with it and by having Darin help it would relieve our situation. The next morning when I went to work I found out that Darin had left his car - his Jaguar - parked in our parking lot overnight. The police were notified of that the same day, so that would have been investigated by the police I'm sure."

I know his car was not at the house because it was supposedly in the shop, but I can't tell from this post exactly when the car was left there overnight, if it was the afternoon of the murder or the day before.

Someone else points out that it is strange and he replies "Regarding the car, I admit that sounds so strange for him to leave his car in our company's parking lot, especially since he didn't work there anymore. So I did some checking right after it happened and found out that it wasn't the first time he had left his car there and in fact he did that quite often. He had worked at our company for 3-5 years or so, and he had friends there still at the time and our company gave him contract work. I figure he probably went out with Bryan, our production manager, or some other of his old friends. He may have been partying and got a ride home and would pick his car up later? Best I can figure."

Don't know if it means anything or not.

Now my mind is working.....

Maybe he did go out with the guys and someone else drove, but alot?

Or, I wonder if he ever told Darlie he had to go on "overnight business trips," stashed his car there and stayed with a woman.

Hmmm, I could come up with lots of scenarios, but of course it's all speculation.

easybz said:
Now my mind is working.....

Maybe he did go out with the guys and someone else drove, but alot?

Or, I wonder if he ever told Darlie he had to go on "overnight business trips," stashed his car there and stayed with a woman.

Hmmm, I could come up with lots of scenarios, but of course it's all speculation.
Easy..I was thinking the same thing. Using work as an excuse to go and do something else. We do know that he cheated early on in their marriage. They said it was forgiven and worked out. Maybe it didn't stop as Darlie believed. Whatever the reason...it does seem strange the car would be left that often doesn't it?:waitasec:

easybz said:
This was posted on a message board I came across from someone who claimed to have worked with Darin and Darlie in the 80's. This guy says Darlie was not a very friendly person, but Darin was a down to earth guy. Here is his quote:

"The afternoon before the early morning that the kids were murdered, Darin had been at our plant and had discussed with our production manager some contract work that we were going to be giving to Darin. At the time, our business was very strong and we were having trouble keeping up with it and by having Darin help it would relieve our situation. The next morning when I went to work I found out that Darin had left his car - his Jaguar - parked in our parking lot overnight. The police were notified of that the same day, so that would have been investigated by the police I'm sure."

I know his car was not at the house because it was supposedly in the shop, but I can't tell from this post exactly when the car was left there overnight, if it was the afternoon of the murder or the day before.

Someone else points out that it is strange and he replies "Regarding the car, I admit that sounds so strange for him to leave his car in our company's parking lot, especially since he didn't work there anymore. So I did some checking right after it happened and found out that it wasn't the first time he had left his car there and in fact he did that quite often. He had worked at our company for 3-5 years or so, and he had friends there still at the time and our company gave him contract work. I figure he probably went out with Bryan, our production manager, or some other of his old friends. He may have been partying and got a ride home and would pick his car up later? Best I can figure."

Don't know if it means anything or not.
Wow! That sure does mean something. According to their testimony, the car was in the mechanic's located in the same industrial strip as Darin's shop. That mechanic called Darlie with orders for Darin to pick it up and he was rude, upsetting Darlie. If Darin had a late afternoon appt at his old shop (where he used to work) and had the Jag with him, they lied about the Jag and the mechanic's call. Wonder why.

That guy's post says it was the afternoon before the early morning murders. That would be the afternoon of the 5th. The kids were killed in the wee hours of the 6th, just a few hours later. In fact, right about 12 hours or less later.

It makes a lot of things make sense. Basia said he left the shop earlier than she did and he took Dana with him, and that he and Dana arrived at Darlie's when she was ready to leave. So assume Basia is a little incorrect on the times and that Dana and Darin left the shop an hour or more before Basia did, that they went to the other shop, and afterwards went somewhere with some of the old gang for a drink or two, and were dropped off .....where? At the Jag or at the Pathfinder,which was probably still at their current shop. I can see where that would have or could have started a pretty heated argument....and why it might have led to Miss Dana being sent home early.

Could you post a link to this post?

deandaniellws said:
Easy..I was thinking the same thing. Using work as an excuse to go and do something else. We do know that he cheated early on in their marriage. They said it was forgiven and worked out. Maybe it didn't stop as Darlie believed. Whatever the reason...it does seem strange the car would be left that often doesn't it?:waitasec:
When did he cheat early in the marriage? I don't think I have seen anything on that.

Goody said:
When did he cheat early in the marriage? I don't think I have seen anything on that.
I heard he cheated earlier on too....

michelle said:
I heard he cheated earlier on too....
I have heard it a few times here on this forum, but I don't think there was any mention of it at the trial at all. Maybe it is just one of those unsubstantiated rumors.

Goody said:
I have heard it a few times here on this forum, but I don't think there was any mention of it at the trial at all. Maybe it is just one of those unsubstantiated rumors.
I think that is the case, they could write a whole book on darlie and darins strange relationship. Even though most people think he is smitten, there is more too it I think....:waitasec:

Goody said:
Wow! That sure does mean something. According to their testimony, the car was in the mechanic's located in the same industrial strip as Darin's shop. That mechanic called Darlie with orders for Darin to pick it up and he was rude, upsetting Darlie. If Darin had a late afternoon appt at his old shop (where he used to work) and had the Jag with him, they lied about the Jag and the mechanic's call. Wonder why.

That guy's post says it was the afternoon before the early morning murders. That would be the afternoon of the 5th. The kids were killed in the wee hours of the 6th, just a few hours later. In fact, right about 12 hours or less later.

It makes a lot of things make sense. Basia said he left the shop earlier than she did and he took Dana with him, and that he and Dana arrived at Darlie's when she was ready to leave. So assume Basia is a little incorrect on the times and that Dana and Darin left the shop an hour or more before Basia did, that they went to the other shop, and afterwards went somewhere with some of the old gang for a drink or two, and were dropped off .....where? At the Jag or at the Pathfinder,which was probably still at their current shop. I can see where that would have or could have started a pretty heated argument....and why it might have led to Miss Dana being sent home early.

Could you post a link to this post?
Read it again. The jag was left OVERNIGHT according to the poster. That means he couldn't have driven it home.
Darlie unless she was with Darin in the Jag on that day, would trust what he said ,the car was at the shop. She does get a call for money for the Jag repairs, Hmmm if the car wasn't at the repair shop who was calling for parts and labor money? Where was Dana during his meeting with the production manager? If she left with him where did she go during this meeting. The poster makes no mention of anyone else being with Darin at the meeting.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
Read it again. The jag was left OVERNIGHT according to the poster. That means he couldn't have driven it home.
Darlie unless she was with Darin in the Jag on that day, would trust what he said ,the car was at the shop. She does get a call for money for the Jag repairs, Hmmm if the car wasn't at the repair shop who was calling for parts and labor money? Where was Dana during his meeting with the production manager? If she left with him where did she go during this meeting. The poster makes no mention of anyone else being with Darin at the meeting.
There was one person who said she was at Darlie's that day, although she was never mentioned in the trial, and that Darlie got a call from a bill collector, not from a mechanic. It makes no sense for a mechanic to call her at home when Darin's office was there next door to the mechanic shop. The jag was not fixed so why would the mechanic call to tell her to get the car out of his shop if he didn't fix the car? He didn't like Darlie and she didn't like him. Nothing new about that. This is the first time I have heard that the car was at the place he used to work. I find that intriguing. I would like to know more. Esp since he had the Pathfinder BECAUSE the Jag would not run. Does anyone know how to reach Basia? I sure would like to talk to her.

deandaniellws said:
Okay, Pam, who is Adams whom Darlie was penpaling with while in jail? You mentioned the name on another thread to Beesy in a discussion about Darlie's jailhouse outburst at Darin, claiming he cheated on her and saying she was having lusty communitcations with this person. Tell me more please.

Goody said:
There was one person who said she was at Darlie's that day, although she was never mentioned in the trial, and that Darlie got a call from a bill collector, not from a mechanic. It makes no sense for a mechanic to call her at home when Darin's office was there next door to the mechanic shop. The jag was not fixed so why would the mechanic call to tell her to get the car out of his shop if he didn't fix the car? He didn't like Darlie and she didn't like him. Nothing new about that. This is the first time I have heard that the car was at the place he used to work. I find that intriguing. I would like to know more. Esp since he had the Pathfinder BECAUSE the Jag would not run. Does anyone know how to reach Basia? I sure would like to talk to her.
I would be very very careful about contacting her. She did have some issues with CPS which I previously posted. Something was reported and investigated, those files are private unless by court order so ???????
I would be :chicken: .

Did Darlie know Darin parked his car there, if the Jag isn't running then how is Darin driving it the night before the murders. :waitasec:

It could be that his meeting was during working hours so he left Dana and Basia at the shop, then went out with his friends after the meeting, had them drop him off at his shop afterwards, where he met up with Dana and left for the day...a half hour before Basia left. Basia leaves as she normally does and goes to Darlie's to pick up her mother. Helps herself to a beer and visits a bit with Darlie, then leaves. As she is pulling away, Darin and Dana drive up in the Pathfinder.

I would be very very careful about contacting her. She did have some issues with CPS which I previously posted. Something was reported and investigated, those files are private unless by court order so ???????
I would be :chicken: .

Did Darlie know Darin parked his car there, if the Jag isn't running then how is Darin driving it the night before the murders. :waitasec:
It broke down a lot. That doesn't mean that it didn't run at all. I think Darlie saw it as a money pit, and I don't blame her. Nothing more costly than men's foreign toys...esp the older ones. Can't even replace a headlight without paying three times for it. So the fact that it was supposedly in the shop for repair doesn't mean it didn't run.

As for Basia and CPS, where did you hear that at? She was accused of trying to throw a baby out of a car window? That is what I think you said before. Whose baby and what were the circumstances?

Basia can reach me any time by email. Anyone can if I recognize the name. NoGrits4me2003@yahoo.com. I am pretty much done with the evidence in this case unless someone can point out some new explanation for it. I would love to talk via email to people who knew Darlie or who know her know and can help me understand who she is beneath the big media machine. Or people who know Darin and can help me understand why he could turn on a dime in the midst of pure chaos.

Goody said:
It broke down a lot. That doesn't mean that it didn't run at all. I think Darlie saw it as a money pit, and I don't blame her. Nothing more costly than men's foreign toys...esp the older ones. Can't even replace a headlight without paying three times for it. So the fact that it was supposedly in the shop for repair doesn't mean it didn't run.

As for Basia and CPS, where did you hear that at? She was accused of trying to throw a baby out of a car window? That is what I think you said before. Whose baby and what were the circumstances?

Basia can reach me any time by email. Anyone can if I recognize the name. NoGrits4me2003@yahoo.com. I am pretty much done with the evidence in this case unless someone can point out some new explanation for it. I would love to talk via email to people who knew Darlie or who know her know and can help me understand who she is beneath the big media machine. Or people who know Darin and can help me understand why he could turn on a dime in the midst of pure chaos.
Goody, have you ever wrote to darlie? Just curious?

michelle said:
Goody, have you ever wrote to darlie? Just curious?
Nope. Don't do snail mail. I would if she could email me though.

I read the same post about the Jaguar at the forum and I'd like to add that the same site also talks about Darlie being part of a very small clique at the job with this man. He says that he would always say good morning to Darlie as he did everyone else, and she never once greeted him. According to the former co worker, if you weren't a part of Darlie's clique, you were nothing. Here's the link. It is post #30

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/654749/posts

Goody said:
It was in the books Cami sent me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie