Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LisainWV View Post
    Was in Columbus over the weekend and I thought about Lola the entire time (I drive my family nuts with this stuff).
    Tell me about it . . . I talk about Lola and Ruth and Judy and Alice, and all of the other missing women I've been researching, as if they're members of my family. I have one "e-mail" friend who shares my interest in these old cases, but other than that, I have to force myself to remember that not everyone shares my fascination. One friend even told me it was "gruesome"!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Marilynilpa For This Useful Post:

Mia

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Received this from the Columbus Dispatch writer today. Hopefully he can help us with his personal records.

Your best source on this will probably be the Grandview Heights Police Department file on the Celli case.
    If they understand you have a legitimate reason for your research, they will generally let you look at the file in their conference room.
    They’re pretty good about it. In the meantime, I will check my file at home. I have some ancient clippings about the case that I somehow inherited from the late Ned Stout, a writer at the Dispatch. Let me look. Email a phone number where I can reach you.
    Kind regards,

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iNTERESTEDWOMAN For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    Received this from the Columbus Dispatch writer today. Hopefully he can help us with his personal records.
    The contact person at the Grandview Heights Police Department is Carol Harper, the detective I have been talking to for the past couple of months. She and I are trying to coordinate our schedules so that we can meet and go over Lola Celli's file. I had hoped for the middle of this month, but that isn't working out, so we're trying for the end of this month or early September.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marilynilpa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Marilynilpa View Post
    The contact person at the Grandview Heights Police Department is Carol Harper, the detective I have been talking to for the past couple of months. She and I are trying to coordinate our schedules so that we can meet and go over Lola Celli's file. I had hoped for the middle of this month, but that isn't working out, so we're trying for the end of this month or early September.
    I can't wait for you to get to go. Living in NE, it would be a LONG road trip for me...LOL I had asked Mr. Harden about the man and his 4 yr old son that went missing and if he had a name for them. You never know, sometimes those newspaper guys have better records than LE. Lets hope he finds something in his ancient newspaper clippings.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iNTERESTEDWOMAN For This Useful Post:

I can't wait for you to get to go. Living in NE, it would be a LONG road trip for me...LOL I had asked Mr. Harden about the man and his 4 yr old son that went missing and if he had a name for them. You never know, sometimes those newspaper guys have better records than LE. Lets hope he finds something in his ancient newspaper clippings.
    You are absolutely right about that! I'm glad you got through to Mr. Harden. I e-mailed him many weeks ago and got no reply. I know that Lola's sister and niece think highly of Mr. Harden, because he made every effort to get Lola's story right. Apparently there have been a great many articles written over the years with inaccurate or untrue information, and those articles have caused much pain to the Celli family.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marilynilpa For This Useful Post:

Marilynilpa, Have you made your trip yet? Have any updates for us? I've been patiently waiting!

Thanks, and let us know.

Smile

I feel that Lola got into a car with someone she knew, and that things went very wrong. [/quote]

After reading some of the articles and reading the info you found out, Marilyn, I believe this is the most likely scenario.

I would like to find out more about the neighbor too. It could just be coincidence. This might sound kind of dumb but if the neighbor man disappeared to run off with someone else, he might have chose that particular time so his wife and everyone else would think that maybe it was Lola he ran off with, when in fact it was someone else entirely, you know, to throw everyone off track. It is very odd though that he and his son disappeared at the same time.[/quote]

You might look on the Google Earth site. It will give you some idea of what the area is like. http://earth.google.com/

Whatever happened to Lola?

Bumping this up for Lola

Marilynilpa, Have you made your trip yet? Have any updates for us? I've been patiently waiting!

Thanks, and let us know.
    Thanks Teresa for bumping this. I wonder what Marilyn found out. She hasn't posted for a long while.

Thanks Teresa for bumping this. I wonder what Marilyn found out. She hasn't posted for a long while.
    So sorry I haven't posted lately, but there isn't much to tell. I am still trying to coordinate my schedule with that of Carol Harper, but so far we haven't found a mutually convenient time for me to visit Columbus. She doesn't work weekends, and currently I don't have time during the week to make the trip. I am hoping that shortly after the first of the year, I'll be able to take a couple of weekdays off and go to Columbus.

If I learn anything, I'll post it here. I'm still waiting for Carol to reply to an e-mail regarding the mystery man who was reported to the police by his former wife. I'm hoping she can give me a name, and we could at least do some searching on him.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marilynilpa For This Useful Post:

Update on the "mystery man"

I finally heard back from Carol Harper of the Grandview Heights Police Department. She is reluctant to give me the name of the man once accused by his ex-wife of being involved in Lola's disappearance. This is part of what she says:

"I found a letter from California that stated that the ex-wife was in a custody battle and may have been using accusations against her
    ex to sway the court. They described the male half as upstanding and having no criminal record. They said that he was even well thought of by his ex-in-laws (her parents)."

Of course, we've all heard of situations where fine, upstanding men go on to commit horrendous crimes, but on the face of it, it doesn't appear this guy was involved. However, once I get to see the police file in person, I'll make note of his name and do a little checking on my own.

I'll post more when there's anything new.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marilynilpa For This Useful Post:

I finally heard back from Carol Harper of the Grandview Heights Police Department. She is reluctant to give me the name of the man once accused by his ex-wife of being involved in Lola's disappearance. This is part of what she says:

"I found a letter from California that stated that the ex-wife was in a custody battle and may have been using accusations against her
    ex to sway the court. They described the male half as upstanding and having no criminal record. They said that he was even well thought of by his ex-in-laws (her parents)."

Of course, we've all heard of situations where fine, upstanding men go on to commit horrendous crimes, but on the face of it, it doesn't appear this guy was involved. However, once I get to see the police file in person, I'll make note of his name and do a little checking on my own.

I'll post more when there's anything new.
    Thanks Marilynilpa!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Teresa Larson For This Useful Post:

wow,this has got me interested!how come i can't pick up older link's.When do they run out?please help!

Quote Originally Posted by cold case lady View Post
    wow,this has got me interested!how come i can't pick up older link's.When do they run out?please help!
    Doenetwork has changed it's addy. You need to replace .us with .org
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1900dfoh.html

23. The Following User Says Thank You to iNTERESTEDWOMAN For This Useful Post:

Kat

what i mean is it appears that when a link is of a certain age as such you can't bring it up,it comes up as a page not found.I am having this prob with anything that has been there a while.Could it be just on threads that are closed?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast