Sheryl Crow has breast cancer

IdahoMom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How weird is this? I hope Lance rallies for her.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11552101/

SNIP

LOS ANGELES - Sheryl Crow underwent surgery for breast cancer earlier this week and the prognosis for a full recovery is excellent, her publicist reported Friday.
The singer-songwriter had the surgery in Los Angeles on Wednesday and is recovering without complications, said Dave Tomberlin, her publicist.

“Her doctors think her prognosis is excellent,” said Tomberlin.

Oh No, Thats terrible, hopefully she will have a full recovery!!

IdahoMom said:
Oh wow. That sucks. I just had a mamogram myself (she and I are the same age) and they found cists, but no cancer, thank god. I feel so bad for her. I know they are really doing great things to get the cancer before it gets out of hand and the survival rate is very high, but still.........she's had a *advertiser censored* year, no doubt.

Prayers for Sheryl....

IdahoMom said:
How weird is this? I hope Lance rallies for her.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11552101/

SNIP

LOS ANGELES - Sheryl Crow underwent surgery for breast cancer earlier this week and the prognosis for a full recovery is excellent, her publicist reported Friday.
The singer-songwriter had the surgery in Los Angeles on Wednesday and is recovering without complications, said Dave Tomberlin, her publicist.

“Her doctors think her prognosis is excellent,” said Tomberlin.
I am so sorry to hear of this. I would be wonderful if Sheryl had strong support through this ordeal, but from the timing of it, it was probably suspected for a month, or two.

From her website (very cool website, by the way):

http://sherylcrow.com/main/

“Approximately 1 in 7 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime and more than 2 million American are living with breast cancer today. I am joining the more than 200,000 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year.

We are a testament to the importance of early detection and new treatments. I encourage all women everywhere to advocate for themselves and for their future – see your doctor and be proactive about your health.

More than 10 million Americans are living with cancer, and they demonstrate the ever-increasing possibility of living beyond cancer. I am inspired by the brave women who have faced this battle before me and grateful for the
support of family and friends.”

Sheryl Crow

Looks like she opted (I'm sure on good advice) for the lumpectomy.

My mother had breast cancer at 72 - she went for the masectomy. A couple of months after that she got it in the other breast so she had that removed too. No radiation, nothing except for tamoxifen for 5 yrs. She had breast implants and is now 83 and still cancer free.

My best friends mother died from it at 47, she had one breast removed and never went back for follow ups :doh: , and it came back and she died a painful way, it was horrible.

michelle said:
My best friends mother died from it at 47, she had one breast removed and never went back for follow ups :doh: , and it came back and she died a painful way, it was horrible.

That is so sad michelle. 47 is so young. I'm sure your friend is keeping close watch as this puts her at greater risk.

Maybe Lance found it - hehe (bad joke). Truthfully, he could have. It sounds like it was found early. She's lucky if so. Also I guess with the lumpectomies they do now there is not so much disfigurement. That is great for a younger woman.

My mother had it at age 68, mastectomy, it came back but they nuked it. Somehow she's one of the ones who made it, age 81.

My husband says that in Cheryl's case they radiate the rest of the breast to nuke any cell that might have spread.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Cyclist Lance Armstrong says he was
devastated to learn that his former fiancee, Sheryl Crow, has been
diagnosed with breast cancer.
The couple announced earlier this month they were splitting up.
Crow's publicist says the singer-songwriter had surgery in Los
Angeles on Wednesday and is recovering without complications. Her
prognosis is said to be excellent.
In a statement posted on her Web site, Crow calls the surgery
"minimally invasive" and says that she will be undergoing
radiation treatment as a precaution. Her concert tour has been
postponed.
Armstrong, who is a survivor of testicular cancer, says in a
statement that the illness has touched somone he deeply loves. He's
calling for fans to pray for Crow.

(From the AP Newswire.)

My grandma died of breast cancer. They removed the breast but it spread anyway. She battled on for 5 years before it took her life. It was a horrible illness I wouldnt wish on anyone. Prayers to Cheryl.

Jules said:
Let's hope not. He treated her like CHIT!!! She can do much better.
I agree she can do better, I love her music by the way..

For the record, it's Sheryl, not Cheryl. (Poor woman has cancer and ppl can't get her name right, lol) :crazy:

UH OH. I admit, I'm the one that took that C in Crow and put it in front of heryl.

Wasn't I posting late at night? Oops. I just can't keep up on all these movie stars and singers.

So sorry, Sheryl, I love you, you're sweet.

Lance, you're a pill.

Oh, by the way Jules, its not Chit, it's Sh__. Right DK?

You're right I wasn't really thinking - she is better off without him. Totally agree. I just had this dream of how since they now both are cancer survivors they would come back together and work to cure cancer.

Marthatex said:
UH OH. I admit, I'm the one that took that C in Crow and put it in front of heryl.

Wasn't I posting late at night? Oops. I just can't keep up on all these movie stars and singers.

So sorry, Sheryl, I love you, you're sweet.

Lance, you're a pill.
A couple people spelled it that way, lol. Not just you. Poor Sheryl.

Marthatex said:
Oh, by the way Jules, its not Chit, it's Sh__. Right DK?

You're right I wasn't really thinking - she is better off without him. Totally agree. I just had this dream of how since they now both are cancer survivors they would come back together and work to cure cancer.
Smart aleck! :crazy:

I would bet money she and Melissa Etheridge will team up in some major way to raise money and awareness for breast cancer. Maybe concerts and such.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back