FL - Trent Peterson, 1, dies in hot car, Hollywood, 1 Oct 2004

aussiegran

Reaction score
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -- A man was sentenced to one year in jail in the death of his ex-girlfriend's 1-year-old son after he left the boy in a hot car for hours.

Thomas Wade Jr., 21, pleaded no contest to aggravated manslaughter and drug possession under a deal reached with prosecutors Thursday. Wade, who had faced up to 45 years in prison, also will serve five years probation and stay six months in a drug-treatment program.

Prosecutor David Frankel said he did not pursue stiffer penalties because there was no evidence that Wade knew the baby was in the car's back seat. The defense relied partly on the fact that Wade was heavily under the influence of Xanax the night before the incident, Frankel said.

Wade and his then-girlfriend, Danielle Peterson, were living together in a cottage behind his mother's home in October 2004 when Peterson's son Trenton died.

With Wade's mother hospitalized, his two teenage sisters woke him and asked for a ride to school. One of the sisters put the boy in the car and Wade drove them to school. Peterson was asleep in the cottage.

Wade returned home and went to sleep, leaving the infant in the back seat of a black 1993 Lexus. It wasn't until after Peterson woke up hours later that she and Wade realized the child was missing and she took him out of the car.
http://www.local6.com/news/7434564/detail.html
:( :( Poor little baby.

Aggirvated manslaughter, should be murder, that's like mayhem...imagine being so hot.......and suffering like that and dying...ugh:(

~wildangel~ said:
Aggirvated manslaughter, should be murder, that's like mayhem...imagine being so hot.......and suffering like that and dying...ugh:(
I know! This makes me sick!! :behindbar

One year is fine. As long as he serves it in a very hot car.:razz:

My thoughts are with this poor child.

This guy should've gotten more then a year. I'm sure sitting in that hot car was torture for that poor little boy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back