Don Knotts Dies at 81

Maral

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actor Don Knotts Dies at 81

LOS ANGELES Feb 25, 2006 (AP)— Don Knotts, the skinny, lovable nerd who kept generations of television audiences laughing as bumbling Deputy Barney Fife on "The Andy Griffith Show," has died. He was 81.

Knotts died Friday night of pulmonary and respiratory complications at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Beverly Hills, said Paul Ward, a spokesman for the cable network TV Land, which airs "The Andy Griffith Show," and another Knotts hit, "Three's Company."

i have yet to see this on the news, so thanks for posting. i do not know anything about him as a person, but he sure was funny playing barney! he helped make that show!!

Oh, my this crushes me. He was so funny. Is Andy still alive?

It's the end of an era. So much water falling outside lately; some call it rain; I call it God's tears.

Same age as my father who just died. Greatest Generation.

AHHH Man!!!!!Mr Limpet Rest in peace. What a talent he had for anything.He will be missed. Kids today do not know what they missed wi8th andy and Barney Fife. The shakiest Gun in the west.

RIP Don Knotts, you were hilarious!!!!

And yes, Andy is still alive.

JDB said:
AHHH Man!!!!!Mr Limpet Rest in peace. What a talent he had for anything.He will be missed. Kids today do not know what they missed wi8th andy and Barney Fife. The shakiest Gun in the west.

I agree. I still watch the re-runs, and laugh out loud!
My son, who is 5, loves Mr. Limpet! I'm so glad we have the technology to keep seeing great humor!

Goodybye Don - RIP!

A true comedic genius and I will miss him.

RIP Don. I loved everything I ever saw Don Knotts in. He was hilarious. I, too, still watch Andy and Barney and STILL love it. He will be missed.

Awww, I'm very saddened to hear this news. I'll always remember him best as Mr. Furley on Three's Company, but one of my favorite movies of his is "Private Eyes" - if you haven't seen it, you've got to rent it! He was hysterical, as usual, in that movie and I don't ever hear anyone else mention that movie.

R.I.P. Don - you will be missed.

Oh gee man....how sad. We LOVE him here! There will never be another like him! RIP Barney!

So long and thanks for all the laughs and smiles....

You were one of a kind, Mr. Knotts!

lynie

I loved Don Knotts. This is so sad. The first thing I said when I saw this thread was what michele said. Awww. He was so great. I still watch the Andy Griffith show and Threes Company. He was great on both. So funny.

RIP Don Knotts. I was SO sad to hear this. "Three's Company" is my all time favorite show. I have met John Ritter, Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Sommers, and I was SO hoping to meet Don Knotts.

He totally ROCKED!!!

I heard this on the news this morning. How sad. RIP Don!! There will never be another like him.

It's hard to be funny. Takes alot of talent. I think I'm going to start watching those re-runs again; they make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Does anyone know if you can buy them? Opie (Ron Howard) turned out to be quite a talent also. and Andy is a perfect father; better thanOzzie Nelson.

Ah, for the good old days.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288