What’s the wackiest street name?

kittykat1

Reaction score
A MUST READ! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11570314/

The complete top 10 list included:
  • <LI class=textBodyBlack>10. Tater Peeler Road in Lebanon, Tenn. <LI class=textBodyBlack>9. The intersection of Count and Basie in Richmond, Va. <LI class=textBodyBlack>8. Shades of Death Road in Warren County, N.J. <LI class=textBodyBlack>7. Unexpected Road in Buena, N.J. <LI class=textBodyBlack>6. Bucket of Blood Street in Holbrook, Ariz. <LI class=textBodyBlack>5. The intersection of Clinton and Fidelity in Houston <LI class=textBodyBlack>4. The intersection of Lonesome and Hardup in Albany, Ga. <LI class=textBodyBlack>3. Farfrompoopen Road in Tennessee (the only road up to Constipation Ridge) <LI class=textBodyBlack>2. Divorce Court in Heather Highlands, Pa.
  • 1. Psycho Path in Traverse City, Mich.

They are funny, especially that pyscho path one:eek:. DH and I always crack up when we go through intercourse Pa, We found a new one though, its BumpAss VA.

A friend of mine lives in Detroit and he said that when you are on I-75 and you get off 69,you will see a road sign that says Big Beaver Road.

I edited this because I found a photo of the road sign my friend told me about.

10495_NEORJDIPYICPN.jpg

In California, not sure where exactly, but it is just inside California on the drive from Las Vegas, it is ZZZYZZXX Road. Not sure on the spelling, but it is VERY close to that.

Right next to the BumpAss VA there is BeaverDam......DH and I have nothing better to do then laugh at towns and street names, LOL......

there is also a cumming street in Omaha. In Council Bluffs there is High street, AND there is a AA/NA house on the street (and I believe also there is a 1/2-way house on it.. :))

amom said:
there is also a cumming street in Omaha. In Council Bluffs there is High street, AND there is a AA/NA house on the street (and I believe also there is a 1/2-way house on it.. :))
LOL, Thats ironic.

Oh, I love funny place names. I used to proof read directories of providers for an insurance company, and it broke up the monotony to male a "find". How about
Truth or Consequences, NM (Named after the TV show as a publicity stunt, I've heard)
Show Low, AZ (land was won in a card game)
Witch Duck Rd in southern VA (as in a place where alledged witches were "ducked" or as we say dunked in water to see if they drowned, but I've always pictured a duck in a pointy black hat)
Lake Jackson, TX has streets called "This Way" "That Way" "Parking Way" and "Parking Place".
There's an Arab, AL - pronounced A-rab (anyone remember the Ray Stevens song Ahab the Arab?) and a Versailles, KY. I pronounced it like the home of Louis XIV and got laughed at - it's Ver-sales to the locals.
Some of the abbreviations of long names gave us a fit, too, because the local health plans wanted them in all caps, like SPID (South Padre Island Drive in TX) and ORNAC (Old Road to Nine Acre Corner in NY).
I'm sure I'll remember more once I quit trying to...

michelle said:
They are funny, especially that pyscho path one:eek:. DH and I always crack up when we go through intercourse Pa, We found a new one though, its BumpAss VA.
There's also Virginville, PA and Blue Ball, PA.

And we have a little community here called Horneytown, NC

Just thought I'd throw this in. Blue Ball & Intercourse are right next to Bird-In-Hand, Pa. Those Amish really know how to call 'em.

less0305 said:
And we have a little community here called Horneytown, NC
I think my DH was born there.....:blushing:

michelle said:
I think my DH was born there.....:blushing:

Michelle,

It's funny...when hubby is driving through there he'll call me and say "Guess what? I'm in Horneytown!" I say, "Honey, that's no big surprise...you're always in Horneytown!" :crazy:

I worked for my friend's uncle in the 60's.He had a meat delivery warehouse in Philly on the corner of Pussy + Cherry.

less0305 said:
Michelle,

It's funny...when hubby is driving through there he'll call me and say "Guess what? I'm in Horneytown!" I say, "Honey, that's no big surprise...you're always in Horneytown!" :crazy:
Isnt that the truth. Mine is always there too..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back