Dennis Weaver Dead

LOS ANGELES Feb 27, 2006 (AP)— Dennis Weaver, the slow-witted deputy Chester Goode in the TV classic western "Gunsmoke" and the New Mexico deputy solving New York crime in "McCloud," has died, his publicist said Monday. The actor was 81.

Weaver died of complications from cancer on Feb. 24 at his home in Ridgway, in southwestern Colorado, publicist Julian Myers said. More at link

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1667073

kato said:
Yup, just thought the same thing. I didn't realize he was that old. I liked ole McCloud.

Me three! Three good guys in such a short time.
:(

Just read he died of complications from cancer at his home in Colorado.

The good thing is that they lived long lives and seemed like wonderful people. These folks were a classy bunch! Unlike some of today's stars!

seems like they come in 3's... :( RIP all

Who rememebers Dennis in Gentle Ben with Ron Howards Brother?That was a very family show.

That makes the entire original cast of GUNSMOKE dead and gone.

This week has not been good to iconic 1950s television actors.

blueclouds said:
I've always noticed that too JDB. It's weird how things happen in 3s
They always seem to anyway.
Billy Goat Gruff James Arness is still alive.

I had forgotten he was in Gentle Ben. I watched that in its original run.

I met Dennis Weaver once in an ice cream shop in Montrose, CA (LA suburb). It would have been in the late 70s and I was just a teenager. I remember thinking he was handsome in that cowboy kind of way.

Rest in peace, Mr. Weaver.

ljwf22 said:
Me three! Three good guys in such a short time.
:(

My thoughts exactly, I find it quite poignant. I liked all 3 and they were such a part of TV-land for all of us, and yes, class acts, all of them! Wow, life marches on, doesn't it?

Eve

That's weird - so many at 81. Conincidently, my father just died Feb. 12 at 81. He was famous around here anyway. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back