1217 users online (236 members and 981 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA - Pepper Jones, 27, beaten to death in her Tacoma home, 24 Feb 2006

Woman Found Slain In Tacoma Home

TACOMA, Wash. -- Tacoma police are investigating an apparent homicide in the city's south end.

A woman in her late 20s was found dead in her bathtub in a house in the 5600 block of South Thompson Avenue.

Tacoma police found the woman after her mother, concerned she had not heard from her daughter for a few days, called 911. Just before police arrived the mother went inside the home and found her daughter dead in the bathtub.

Police said there were obvious signs of homicidal violence and detectives and crime scene investigators were called in to gather evidence.

More: http://www.kirotv.com/news/7499334/d...southsoundnews
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

sad that the mom found her.sounds like another poor wife for our list.

Here's an article with the victim's name:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/u...-4999010c.html

SNIP

The Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office on Monday identified the woman as Pepper L. Jones, 27. An autopsy on her body to determine how and why she died was being planned.

Looks like Pepper might have had a Myspace. No photos, but some text there:

About me:
    I work 40-50 hours per week and the same @ home as well. I just bought a home and have a Husband and a Daughter. I love to drink, smoke and have fun!

Husband's name, based on a search of public records, could be Jayson Lee Jones.

Steve

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by misterallgood
    Looks like Pepper might have had a Myspace. No photos, but some text there:

About me:

I work 40-50 hours per week and the same @ home as well. I just bought a home and have a Husband and a Daughter. I love to drink, smoke and have fun!

Husband's name, based on a search of public records, could be Jayson Lee Jones.

Steve
    Good find, Steve.

Tacoma man pleads guilty in wife's beating death

Story Published: Jan 20, 2007 at 2:31 PM PDT
    Story Updated: Jan 20, 2007 at 2:45 PM PDT

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - A man who admitted bludgeoning his wife with a claw hammer and then drowning her in the bathtub faces more than 18 years in prison.

Jayson Jones, 28, pleaded guilty in Pierce County Superior Court to second-degree murder in the Feb. 24, 2006, death of Pepper Jones.

More at link:
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/5276831.html
    =========================================

Man who bludgeoned wife gets 18 years

Story Published: Feb 23, 2007 at 7:31 PM PDT
    Story Updated: Feb 23, 2007 at 11:16 PM PDT

Jayson Jones, who confessed to beating his wife to death one year ago was sentenced to 18 years in prison on Friday. But family members of his wife, Pepper Jones, say he got off too easy.
    The sobbing relatives of Pepper Jones filled the first row of the courtroom. They glared at a shackled Jayson Jones, who never made eye contact with them.

snip

Jayson Jones confessed to bludgeoning his wife last February with a claw hammer, but says he doesn't remember the crime.

Pepper's mother says her daughter was packing her bags on the night of the murder. Lynn Boldenow says Pepper had just learned Jayson had fathered a son with another woman and wanted a divorce.

Much more at link:
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/6050216.html
    ========================================

Jayson L. Jones is currently housed at the Stafford Creek Correctional Center.

18 yrs. for hacking his wife to death. Dear God. THAT's a crime! WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    Woman Found Slain In Tacoma Home

TACOMA, Wash. -- Tacoma police are investigating an apparent homicide in the city's south end.

A woman in her late 20s was found dead in her bathtub in a house in the 5600 block of South Thompson Avenue.

Tacoma police found the woman after her mother, concerned she had not heard from her daughter for a few days, called 911. Just before police arrived the mother went inside the home and found her daughter dead in the bathtub.

Police said there were obvious signs of homicidal violence and detectives and crime scene investigators were called in to gather evidence.

More: http://www.kirotv.com/news/7499334/d...southsoundnews
    On the same page as that link is an article about a man getting 21 years for raping his wife in front of his young daughter. And Jayson Jones is only getting 18 years for murdering his wife? Hard to understand...where's the justice?
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/93837549.html

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    On the same page as that link is an article about a man getting 21 years for raping his wife in front of his young daughter. And Jayson Jones is only getting 18 years for murdering his wife? Hard to understand...where's the justice?
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/93837549.html

Unbelievable, you can MORE time from doing drugs!!
    My Beautiful Precious , I miss you so much!

He'll probably only do the usual half and be out in 9. Good behavior and all that. Disgusting. Washington state doesn't give detailed information on inmates, so I wasn't able to get his projected parole date.
    Last edited by Belinda; 05-17-2010 at 10:12 AM.