GUILTY WA - Pepper Jones, 27, beaten to death in her Tacoma home, 24 Feb 2006

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Woman Found Slain In Tacoma Home

TACOMA, Wash. -- Tacoma police are investigating an apparent homicide in the city's south end.

A woman in her late 20s was found dead in her bathtub in a house in the 5600 block of South Thompson Avenue.

Tacoma police found the woman after her mother, concerned she had not heard from her daughter for a few days, called 911. Just before police arrived the mother went inside the home and found her daughter dead in the bathtub.

Police said there were obvious signs of homicidal violence and detectives and crime scene investigators were called in to gather evidence.

More: http://www.kirotv.com/news/7499334/detail.html?rss=sea&psp=southsoundnews

:furious: sad that the mom found her.sounds like another poor wife for our list.

Looks like Pepper might have had a Myspace. No photos, but some text there:

About me:
I work 40-50 hours per week and the same @ home as well. I just bought a home and have a Husband and a Daughter. I love to drink, smoke and have fun!

Husband's name, based on a search of public records, could be Jayson Lee Jones.

Steve

misterallgood said:
Looks like Pepper might have had a Myspace. No photos, but some text there:

About me:

I work 40-50 hours per week and the same @ home as well. I just bought a home and have a Husband and a Daughter. I love to drink, smoke and have fun!

Husband's name, based on a search of public records, could be Jayson Lee Jones.

Steve
Good find, Steve.

Story Published: Jan 20, 2007 at 2:31 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jan 20, 2007 at 2:45 PM PDT

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - A man who admitted bludgeoning his wife with a claw hammer and then drowning her in the bathtub faces more than 18 years in prison.

Jayson Jones, 28, pleaded guilty in Pierce County Superior Court to second-degree murder in the Feb. 24, 2006, death of Pepper Jones.

More at link:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/5276831.html
=========================================

Man who bludgeoned wife gets 18 years

Story Published: Feb 23, 2007 at 7:31 PM PDT
Story Updated: Feb 23, 2007 at 11:16 PM PDT

Jayson Jones, who confessed to beating his wife to death one year ago was sentenced to 18 years in prison on Friday. But family members of his wife, Pepper Jones, say he got off too easy.
The sobbing relatives of Pepper Jones filled the first row of the courtroom. They glared at a shackled Jayson Jones, who never made eye contact with them.

snip

Jayson Jones confessed to bludgeoning his wife last February with a claw hammer, but says he doesn't remember the crime.

Pepper's mother says her daughter was packing her bags on the night of the murder. Lynn Boldenow says Pepper had just learned Jayson had fathered a son with another woman and wanted a divorce.

Much more at link:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/6050216.html
========================================

Jayson L. Jones is currently housed at the Stafford Creek Correctional Center.

18 yrs. for hacking his wife to death. Dear God. THAT's a crime! WTF? :banghead:

Woman Found Slain In Tacoma Home

TACOMA, Wash. -- Tacoma police are investigating an apparent homicide in the city's south end.

A woman in her late 20s was found dead in her bathtub in a house in the 5600 block of South Thompson Avenue.

Tacoma police found the woman after her mother, concerned she had not heard from her daughter for a few days, called 911. Just before police arrived the mother went inside the home and found her daughter dead in the bathtub.

Police said there were obvious signs of homicidal violence and detectives and crime scene investigators were called in to gather evidence.

More: http://www.kirotv.com/news/7499334/detail.html?rss=sea&psp=southsoundnews

On the same page as that link is an article about a man getting 21 years for raping his wife in front of his young daughter. And Jayson Jones is only getting 18 years for murdering his wife? Hard to understand...where's the justice?
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/93837549.html

He'll probably only do the usual half and be out in 9. Good behavior and all that. Disgusting. Washington state doesn't give detailed information on inmates, so I wasn't able to get his projected parole date.

On the same page as that link is an article about a man getting 21 years for raping his wife in front of his young daughter. And Jayson Jones is only getting 18 years for murdering his wife? Hard to understand...where's the justice?
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/93837549.html

ONLY 18 years Columbo? You wouldn't last 18 months in prison. That's just two years short of a life sentence. Think about what your saying, some clown rapes his wife in front of a child. Two victims compared to one victim. Not saying anything like he didn't deserve it, or that you would associate an expiration date on the young lady I am sure the family thinks about everyday to this day. I know Jayson personally, I was with him at McNeil Island for about 3-4 years, and the Jayson I know wasn't capable of this. Everytime I asked about what happened he would simply say "I dont wanna talk about it" and I would never press the issue. The Jayson I know would help anybody with anything, so much I had to look up this case because it just does not fit the guy I met in there. Not only is he doing 18 years, but I guarantee that horrible day haunts him regularly in a place that's very easy to get lost in your own thoughts, which it should. I feel horrible for the victim and the family, most of all the child they had together. So Det. Columbo just stop and think about what your saying before you just spit out some ignorance with tunnel vision on the amount of a sentence next time huh bud?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back