Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:( :( :( :( :(

I cannot even begin to imagine....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/395056p-334936c.html

SNIP

344-boy.jpg

The sobbing mother of a slain 15-year-old Bronx boy described yesterday her desperate attempts to staunch his wounds - and told how she tenderly cradled him when she realized he couldn't be saved.

After being stabbed in his abdomen and chest Saturday at 7 p.m., Edwin Owusu-Hammonds stumbled to his first-floor apartment and banged on the door. His mother looked through the peephole as her bleeding son collapsed.

"I was pressing the wound in his tummy," said Patricia Hammonds-Church, 42.

"I saw his eyes dilating. Then I knew," said Hammonds-Church, as tears streamed down her face. "I was holding him," she said, weeping. "I was hoping against hope he would make it."

Horrible...and such a helpless feeling. As children we look to our mom to fix things...horrible.

There but by the Grace of God go I. I cannot imagine the agony this poor mother felt. Pray go up for her. What a loving and courageous act.

:( I can't even imagine her pain. How horrible. This is a very cruel world.

This story just breaks my heart. That poor mother holding her son while he dies in her arms. OMG...how horrible! :( :(

I've opened this thread twice and it brought tears to my eyes both times. That poor mom, watching her son's life drain away while she held him in her arms. How awful.

My eldest son is 15. I don't think I could handle the pain of losing him..or his brother :(

This is just so aweful. Prayers for his Mom.

:(

JellyBean

Hi IdahoMom,

Thank-you for posting this article.

That is unspeakable horror for a mother and child to endure.

This is just terrible. I couldn't even imagine how this mom must feel. I hope LE caught the person or person responsible.

I have an 21 yr old son. Losing him like this,
with him in my arms would be devastating.
I cannot fathom what this poor mother must
be going through. Prayers....

KRW said:
I have an 21 yr old son. Losing him like this,
with him in my arms would be devastating.
I cannot fathom what this poor mother must
be going through. Prayers....
Hello KRW,
I have a child,one son.I cannot even think how his mother deals with what happened.my prayers are with her also.

That is truly horrible. But at the risk of offending everyone, another viewpoint occurred to me.....I don't want to die anytime soon and certainly not by being stabbed, but if I had to choose a way to die, dying in the arms of someone who loved me might not be the worst way to go. And from the mother's point of view, maybe this way is preferable to having her son die all alone on the street somewhere with no one around him who loved him? Just a thought.....and maybe I should add that I don't have any kids, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

jttnewguy said:
That is truly horrible. But at the risk of offending everyone, another viewpoint occurred to me.....I don't want to die anytime soon and certainly not by being stabbed, but if I had to choose a way to die, dying in the arms of someone who loved me might not be the worst way to go. And from the mother's point of view, maybe this way is preferable to having her son die all alone on the street somewhere with no one around him who loved him? Just a thought.....and maybe I should add that I don't have any kids, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.
You do have a point. Its only natural that he ran to his Mom. Mom is the one who gives you comfort, keeps you safe and makes things better :(

I just hope he felt safe, comforted and loved in his final moments.

This story just makes me cry :(

JellyBean

When will this craziness end??? I rarely watch the local news anymore...because it seems like the first ten minutes is nothing but murder/carjacking/robberies. It's depressing. I just wish I knew what the answer is. I keep thinking that if they tossed these guys in prison for the rest of their lives, at least they'd be off the streets. So many of these people seem to be repeat offenders. I say, you stab someone or shoot someone...you are gone for life. End of discussion. I don't even care if the person dies...the attempt on their life was made.

This is a very sweet way of looking at it. I know I would prefer to be in the arms of the one I loved and vise versa. My mom was holding my dad's hand and soothing him and encouraging him to "let go" and telling him that she would be fine if he needed to leave...she says she wouldn't trade it for anything. Also, I had a brother who died years ago (age 3 - from pneumonia and measles) in my mom's arms in his doctor's waiting room ...that tore her up...she said having the rest of us kids depending on her and being there helped her through it. I still cannot imagine.
jttnewguy said:

I agree. It seems it is only getting worse and more frequent. It's scary and depressing. I think in regards to those who commit these crimes, our laws and enforcers of those laws are too tolerant and coddle them. In regards to the victims, these predators were not thinking of THEIR rights! It really angers me.
luvbeaches said:
When will this craziness end??? I rarely watch the local news anymore...because it seems like the first ten minutes is nothing but murder/carjacking/robberies. It's depressing. I just wish I knew what the answer is. I keep thinking that if they tossed these guys in prison for the rest of their lives, at least they'd be off the streets. So many of these people seem to be repeat offenders. I say, you stab someone or shoot someone...you are gone for life. End of discussion. I don't even care if the person dies...the attempt on their life was made.

T'sNana said:
I agree. It seems it is only getting worse and more frequent. It's scary and depressing. I think in regards to those who commit these crimes, our laws and enforcers of those laws are too tolerant and coddle them. In regards to the victims, these predators were not thinking of THEIR rights! It really angers me.

I'm angry...but I'm getting scared. The other night at a restaurant that we go to a lot, they had a big crowd of "thugs" there and someone pulled a gun and everyone scattered. You expect things like this to happen in certain areas, but this is out in the burbs, where we think, for the most part, that we are safe! :(

That IS scary. I can't imagine being present when some idiot does something like that! It makes you scared to even go to the post office, Wal-Mart or even drive in your car. Something has to happen to make this world a better place to live!
luvbeaches said:
I'm angry...but I'm getting scared. The other night at a restaurant that we go to a lot, they had a big crowd of "thugs" there and someone pulled a gun and everyone scattered. You expect things like this to happen in certain areas, but this is out in the burbs, where we think, for the most part, that we are safe! :(

I can't believe it...for a cellphone that he never took :(

*snip*
A 13-year-old boy was charged with fatally stabbing a Bronx teen over the weekend for his cell phone, which he didn't even take.
Police say the juvenile is being charged in the murder of 15-year-old Edwin Owusu-Hammonds, killed Saturday near his Andrew Avenue home.

The 13-year-old was charged with second-degree murder and will be arraigned later today. Another teen who was with him at the time of the killing is also being sought. Detectives believe they demanded the victim's cell phone, and when he resisted, they stabbed him.

Eyewitness News has learned Owusu-Hammonds, with wounds to the stomach and torso, managed to get to his apartment door before collapsing in front of his mother. He died in Lincoln Hospital, where he was born in 1990.
The cell phone was recovered at the scene.

Picture of Edwin here : http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=3954369

A young life cut short for nothing :( . Rest in peace Edwin.

JellyBean

JellyBean said:
I can't believe it...for a cellphone that he never took :(

*snip*
A 13-year-old boy was charged with fatally stabbing a Bronx teen over the weekend for his cell phone, which he didn't even take.
Police say the juvenile is being charged in the murder of 15-year-old Edwin Owusu-Hammonds, killed Saturday near his Andrew Avenue home.

The 13-year-old was charged with second-degree murder and will be arraigned later today. Another teen who was with him at the time of the killing is also being sought. Detectives believe they demanded the victim's cell phone, and when he resisted, they stabbed him.

Eyewitness News has learned Owusu-Hammonds, with wounds to the stomach and torso, managed to get to his apartment door before collapsing in front of his mother. He died in Lincoln Hospital, where he was born in 1990.
The cell phone was recovered at the scene.

Picture of Edwin here : http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=local&id=3954369

A young life cut short for nothing :( . Rest in peace Edwin.

JellyBean
That is so sad....and, he was a very handsome young man. What a shame. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23