1243 users online (263 members and 980 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    465

    Raven - A life of FAILURES?

    In re-reading Ravenís one and only blog entry (date Monday, April 25, 2005, 11:15 am) Iím struck again by his closing words:

    "In summary, I feel my strengths and weaknesses have been molded from the way I was raised. Through the events of my childhood I was able to develop strengths that not only helped me survive my adolescence, but have proven to be a great attribute to the development of my personal and professional life. I also understand that I am able to change my weaknesses through my ability to adapt and that by doing so I will achieve success."

    After all of these months, and with what weíve come to know about Raven, I read his words, and Iím reminded of the many failures heís had in his life. And it makes me wonder if Raven was and is always striving and pushing himself for things that in the end have always been beyond his grasp, his abilities, his means, etc. And itís an interesting contrast to Janetís successes. Was Raven in competition with her in some weird way? Was she a trophy to him, representing the things that he was NOT? Was he jealous of her successes?

    Iím sure there are others, but Iíve taken the liberty here of listing some of the more obvious failures in Ravenís life, thus far:

    - Dropped out of SVU - academic/educational failure

    - Failed at being a soccer star at SVU - athletic failure

    - Dropped out from serving his LDS mission - religious failure

    - Soccer training business, 2nutmeg, failed - professional failure

    - Employment history indicates MULTIPLE professional failures possibly - I mean how many jobs can one person have by the time they are 26?

    - Financial chaos - fiscal failure

    - Infidelity(ies) - marital/moral/ethical failure

    - Eurosport embezzlement - ethical/moral/professional failure

    And so where is Raven now?

    Living with his mother? Working part-time at a bike store? Receiving government benefits based on his wifeís murder? Reporting to a probation officer as a convicted felon?

    Donít misunderstand me, thereís nothing inherently wrong with any of those things, well mostly, but, for someone as ambitious as Raven? With such lofty plans, goals, etc? Is life just one huge failure for Raven now?

    One bright spot Ė Kaiden. Letís hope that even if Raven fails at every single aspect of his life, that he can at least succeed at being a good father Ė but, who knows, perhaps heís not even good at being a dad either Ė only time will tell.

    Again:

    "I also understand that I am able to change my weaknesses through my ability to adapt and that by doing so I will achieve success."

    Someone, as I recall the person called themselves "karli boulden," once replied to the blog, "Very good reflection on your life and goals."

    Well karli, to each his own, but with failure after failure in the lifeís goals column, I donít know, seems to me itís time to re-evaluate the plan and strategy???
    "I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against."

    -Malcolm X

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,531
    Excellent observation SES.

    And all of those failures added up to the biggiest failure of all....

    -The Murder of Janet Christiansen-Abaroa and her unborn Child-
    Failure to Family, God, and Humanity
    Last edited by JustJax; 02-27-2006 at 07:19 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Deep in the South
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthEastSleuth
    In re-reading Ravenís one and only blog entry (date Monday, April 25, 2005, 11:15 am) Iím struck again by his closing words:

    "In summary, I feel my strengths and weaknesses have been molded from the way I was raised. Through the events of my childhood I was able to develop strengths that not only helped me survive my adolescence, but have proven to be a great attribute to the development of my personal and professional life. I also understand that I am able to change my weaknesses through my ability to adapt and that by doing so I will achieve success."

    After all of these months, and with what weíve come to know about Raven, I read his words, and Iím reminded of the many failures heís had in his life. And it makes me wonder if Raven was and is always striving and pushing himself for things that in the end have always been beyond his grasp, his abilities, his means, etc. And itís an interesting contrast to Janetís successes. Was Raven in competition with her in some weird way? Was she a trophy to him, representing the things that he was NOT? Was he jealous of her successes?

    Iím sure there are others, but Iíve taken the liberty here of listing some of the more obvious failures in Ravenís life, thus far:

    - Dropped out of SVU - academic/educational failure

    - Failed at being a soccer star at SVU - athletic failure

    - Dropped out from serving his LDS mission - religious failure

    - Soccer training business, 2nutmeg, failed - professional failure

    - Employment history indicates MULTIPLE professional failures possibly - I mean how many jobs can one person have by the time they are 26?

    - Financial chaos - fiscal failure

    - Infidelity(ies) - marital/moral/ethical failure

    - Eurosport embezzlement - ethical/moral/professional failure

    And so where is Raven now?

    Living with his mother? Working part-time at a bike store? Receiving government benefits based on his wifeís murder? Reporting to a probation officer as a convicted felon?

    Donít misunderstand me, thereís nothing inherently wrong with any of those things, well mostly, but, for someone as ambitious as Raven? With such lofty plans, goals, etc? Is life just one huge failure for Raven now?

    One bright spot Ė Kaiden. Letís hope that even if Raven fails at every single aspect of his life, that he can at least succeed at being a good father Ė but, who knows, perhaps heís not even good at being a dad either Ė only time will tell.

    Again:

    "I also understand that I am able to change my weaknesses through my ability to adapt and that by doing so I will achieve success."

    Someone, as I recall the person called themselves "karli boulden," once replied to the blog, "Very good reflection on your life and goals."

    Well karli, to each his own, but with failure after failure in the lifeís goals column, I donít know, seems to me itís time to re-evaluate the plan and strategy???
    WOW really makes you think.

  4. #4
    terminatrixator's Avatar
    terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,511
    Raven is and will always be a failure at everything he does.

    Raven you are Failure.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

    "Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

    "Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthEastSleuth
    Well karli, to each his own, but with failure after failure in the lifeís goals column, I donít know, seems to me itís time to re-evaluate the plan and strategy???
    Perhaps the strategy was reevaluated already at some time prior to April 26, 2005.

    I was looking through old VX posts of Raven's yesterday, and one of them has been standing out in my mind ever since. I don't have the exact quote in front of me (but I'll no doubt edit this to include it later). But in speaking about looking for a new job post-firing from ES, Raven said that starting over is very difficult. I wonder if a part of Raven decided that if you have to start over, you might as well start from square one. It's a creepy thought in the mind of a normal person but in the mind of a sociopath, it's simply part of a calculation. Considering Raven's affinity for Franklin Covey programs, I can't help but wonder if he didn't sit down with pen and paper (or laptop), and calculate all of the reasons to continue with life as it was before April 26, 2005 or to throw all caution to the wind and just go for it - get a brand new start - new home, new job, new state, new family. And again, I've often wondered how Kaiden fits into all of this. Was it that the murderer simply couldn't harm him? Or was the murderer more concerned that harming Kaiden as well would make it easier to identify him.

    The bottom line is - until the murder is solved, I would hope that those personally involved with any potential suspects keep a good eye on them. Even if you believe that they're innocent - keep an eye on them nonetheless. If you see anything that seems suspicious, call LE. If for no other reason, do it for Kaiden.

    Other posts to consider:

    VehiCROSS.info Forums - View Single Post - 99 Vx, Custom Black Paint, Lift, Tires, Must Sell

    I appreciate the props WormGOD. That was my one and only event so far and I loved it... I won't be off the VX train for long if I do sell. Right now I continue to job hunt hard and hope to make it through this!

    VehiCROSS.info Forums - View Single Post - 99 Vx, Custom Black Paint, Lift, Tires, Must Sell

    I am now working for an IT training company out of Raleigh, however I am not making near what I need to survive. I am still steadily interviewing for some higher paying jobs and one job I am in as a finalist.

    I've decided that parting with the VX is going to be what I need to do. I am going to go to the complete lowest I can go to hopefully sell within 30 days as I am a few payments behind as of today and don't think I can catch up in my current state.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    81
    I heard a psychologist on a TV program once say; women tend to murder their husbands to get "rid" of them, but men usually kill their spouses to "keep" them. In their own messed up mind they don't want their spouse to leave, so they kill them to prevent them from going anywhere.

    Janet may have just found out about raven pretending to go to work, the embezzlement, the lies..etc., and maybe raven thought Janet leaving him would be another "failure" stacked on top of all the rest and snapped....but then again, maybe he's just a selfish, preditory S.O.B
    "Those who murder steal the precious gift of mortal experience from another and set themselves in open opposition to God, the giver of life." - Arthur R. Bassett

  7. #7
    terminatrixator's Avatar
    terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,511
    Quote Originally Posted by snapple
    I heard a psychologist on a TV program once say; women tend to murder their husbands to get "rid" of them, but men usually kill their spouses to "keep" them. In their own messed up mind they don't want their spouse to leave, so they kill them to prevent them from going anywhere.

    Janet may have just found out about raven pretending to go to work, the embezzlement, the lies..etc., and maybe raven thought Janet leaving him would be another "failure" stacked on top of all the rest and snapped....but then again, maybe he's just a selfish, preditory S.O.B
    The following information is from Wikipedia on Domestic Violence - it starts pointing to the reasons why here, though there was no known domestic violence in the relationship of Raven and Janet, there are many reports that he was very dominant in the relationship and had a control issue when it came to who Janet spoke to, what Janet wore, what Janet was allowed to do.

    There are many different theories as to the cause of domestic violence. One of the leading theories is that domestic violence is fueled by a need for power and control over another person. The Domestic Abuse Intervention Project illustrated this by creating the "Power and Control Wheel" which shows power and control at the center, surrounded by spokes referring to techniques used, the titles of which include:

    • Coercion and threats
    • Intimidation
    • Emotional abuse
    • Isolation
    • Minimizing, denying and blaming
    • Using Children
    • Economic Abuse
    • Male Privilege
    The simplest theory that explains the cause for domestic violence comes from people who deal with bullies. It is a means to an end that is easier than other means. The heading on the UK National Website for Bullying in the Family states that 'Those Who Can, Do. Those Who Can't Bully.' It seems reasonable to add that those who won't also prefer violence too.

    Given the complexity of human beings and human societies, it seems likely that the full scope of possible intentions for violence occur in domestic violence too. One film which shows some of these intentions is The Piano (1994). Domestic violence often seems to be intended to intimidate, deter, avenge, punish and/or to torture. Anthropologist Michael Ghigleiri, in his scientific study of male violence suggests that anger in insecure and jealous men who abuse women is associated with prior physical and verbal abuse by their mothers. These men who fear abandonment and cuckoldry by their wives, use abuse as the best way to stop them.

    Though not by any means a cause, substance abuse and mental illness can act as fuel for domestic violence.


    I begin now by wondering what kind of relationship Raven had with his Mother. I have not heard any reports of "physical abuse" but I wonder if there was "mental abuse" or "verbal abuse" in their relationship.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

    "Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

    "Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

  8. #8
    terminatrixator's Avatar
    terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,511
    There is a study which is going on in Canada right now regarding "Intimate Femicide" that I would like to share with you below: I'm just waiting for Stage 5 on this case.

    http://www.womanabuseprevention.com/..._femicide.html

    Intimate Femicide: An Analysis Of Men Who Kill Their Partners
    By: Gregory P. Kerry M.A., Correctional Service of Canada & Carleton University

    [originally printed in Education Wife Assault Newsletter , V. 9 # 1, June 1998]

    While there is a vast body of knowledge on violence against women, intimate femicide, the most severe form of violence, has received little attention. This is alarming since statistics show that when a woman is killed, the perpetrator is often a man who has been intimately involved with her (Campbell, l992; Crawford & Gartner, l992; Stout, l99l; Statistics Canada, l99l; l989; U.S. Department of Justice, l992).

    To better understand intimate femicides, a binary model is proposed. Within this model, intimate femicide is understood as having two different origins: one involves the murder of an oppressed woman who attempted to emancipate herself and the other is an actual or attempted murder/suicide in which a socially inept and dependent man kills his liberated and independent partner. This model thus divides intimate murders into those who attempted or committed suicide immediately after killing their partner and those who did not.

    The binary model follows these two groups of men through five stages.


    Stage I, termed 'Pre-Murder', explores how the men define their masculinity, attitudes towards women and their relationship with female partners.


    Stage II, the 'Precipitating Event', highlights what triggered the ensuing murder in the perpetrator's mind.


    Stage III, the 'Lethal Act', considers the actual attack and murder.


    Stage IV, the 'Post-Murder', explores the time interval immediately following the murder.


    Finally, Stage V, 'Adjustment to Incarceration', focuses on the man as he serves his sentence and his present views towards the victim and the offence.

    To evaluate the binary model and to identify variables that may differentiate between men who kill their female partner and men who do not, questionnaires were administered to 86 men sentenced for the murder of an intimate partner (Intimate Murderers), 151 randomly selected men sentenced for an offence other than the murder of an intimate partner (General Offenders) and l00 randomly selected non-incarcerated men.

    Data analysis is currently underway and will be reported in greater detail once completed. However, interesting findings are already emerging. For example, inmates were asked to rate their emotional state at intervals before, during and after their offence. No significant differences were observed between Intimate Murderers and General Offenders in the 24 hour period before the offence. However, there is an intensification in feelings of dysphoria* and anger just before and more so during the offence that sets the Intimate Murders apart from other offenders. This finding may explain the intense violence often found in intimate murders and the high rate of suicide or attempted suicide following these offences.

    Address correspondence to:

    Gregory P. Kerry, Warkworth Institution, Psychology Department, P.O. Box 760, Campbellford, Ontario

    K0L 1L0, (705) 924-8051

    Notes

    *chronic feelings of illness and discontent

    References

    Campbell, J. C. (l992). "If I can't have you, no one can: Power and control in homicide on female partners." In J. Radford & D. Russell (Eds.), Femicide: The politics of woman killing. Toronto, Ontario: MacMillan.
    Crawford, M., & Gartner, R. (l992). Women killing: Intimate Femicide in Ontario, l974-l990 . Toronto, Ontario: Women we Honour Action Committee
    Statistics Canada. (l989). Juristat Service Bulletin, (May) 9 (l), Minister of Supply and Services Canada.
    Statistics Canada. (l99l). Homicide in Canada. Juristat Service Bulletin, l2 (l8), Minister of Supply and Services Canada.
    Stout, K. (l99l). "Intimate femicide: A National demographic overview". Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 6 (4), 476-485.
    U.S. Department of Justice. (l992). "Crime in the U.S. l99l", Uniform crime reports. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

    "Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

    "Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

  9. #9
    terminatrixator's Avatar
    terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,511
    http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/rpp/18/comparing.pdf

    Also is an interesting PDF File Which Compares Men and Women as Victims of Homicide. This has some interesting facts though it is Study that is done in Australia, I believe that they seem to correlate between studies done in other countries including the US.

    Some of the most interesting facts are listed below:

    A female is more likely to be killed by an intimate partner, whereas a male is more likely to be killed by a friend or acquaintance.

    Both Men and Women are more likely to be killed by knife or other sharp instrument.

    A similiar percentage of men and women victmis are the same age as their offenders.

    In the study it also shows that the the incident of Male Partner (offender) not working has a 62.4% rate of these murders from 1989 - 1998.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

    "Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

    "Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

  10. #10
    terminatrixator's Avatar
    terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,511
    PDF Document Explaining the Incidence of Femicide between Intimates.

    http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/r...explaining.pdf
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

    "Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

    "Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton


  11. #11
    terminatrixator's Avatar
    terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,511
    The facts:

    Domestic Homicides


    • On average, more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends in this country every day. In 2000, 1,247 women were killed by an intimate partner. The same year, 440 men were killed by an intimate partner.16
    • Women are much more likely than men to be killed by an intimate partner. In 2000, intimate partner homicides accounted for 33.5 percent of the murders of women and less than four percent of the murders of men.17
    • Pregnant and recently pregnant women are more likely to be victims of homicide than to die of any other cause18 , and evidence exists that a significant proportion of all female homicide victims are killed by their intimate partners.19
    • Research suggests that injury related deaths, including homicide and suicide, account for approximately one-third of all maternal mortality cases, while medical reasons make up the rest. But, homicide is the leading cause of death overall for pregnant women, followed by cancer, acute and chronic respiratory conditions, motor vehicle collisions and drug overdose, peripartum and postpartum cardiomyopthy, and suicide.20
    http://www.endabuse.org/resources/facts/

    Yet another Failure in the life of Raven Samuel Peters Abaroa
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

    "Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

    "It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

    "Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    VehiCROSS.info Forums - View Single Post - 99 Vx, Custom Black Paint, Lift, Tires, Must Sell

    I am now working for an IT training company out of Raleigh, however I am not making near what I need to survive. I am still steadily interviewing for some higher paying jobs and one job I am in as a finalist.

    I've decided that parting with the VX is going to be what I need to do. I am going to go to the complete lowest I can go to hopefully sell within 30 days as I am a few payments behind as of today and don't think I can catch up in my current state.
    BTW, this was posted on February 15, 2005, about nine weeks prior to Janet's murder.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by terminatrixator
    I begin now by wondering what kind of relationship Raven had with his Mother. I have not heard any reports of "physical abuse" but I wonder if there was "mental abuse" or "verbal abuse" in their relationship.
    And sometimes it doesn't even have to be "abuse". Sometimes it's a lack of interaction between mother and child. If a mother is struggling to raise children, put food on the table and keep a roof over their heads, and tend to her own needs as well, then oftentimes she is so caught up in her own emotional turmoil that she simply cannot be there for the kids. Even mothers that are physically there are sometimes emotionally absent. I think that the scars left from this kind of relationship are just as devastating as those left from an abusive one.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by terminatrixator
    There are many different theories as to the cause of domestic violence. One of the leading theories is that domestic violence is fueled by a need for power and control over another person. The Domestic Abuse Intervention Project illustrated this by creating the "Power and Control Wheel" which shows power and control at the center, surrounded by spokes referring to techniques used, the titles of which include:
    • Isolation
    And it seems that this was a definite. Recall the stories of Janet having to call those she cared about from her cell phone while on walks. It's just plain infuriating that a "man" would treat a woman that way; I don't care what the cause. If you've got issues, then get yourself to a counselor ... don't take it out on those around you. I'm so sick of people mistreating those around them rather than taking responsibility for themselves. I wonder if the loser checked the cell phone bill every month to keep tabs on whom Janet was calling.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by terminatrixator
    http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/rpp/18/comparing.pdf

    Both Men and Women are more likely to be killed by knife or other sharp instrument.
    Is this considering only intimate murders or murder in general? Maybe this is where the results can't be carried over from Australia to the US. It seems that the gun laws in Australia are more complicated than they are here in the US, (the following is largely an opinion piece but the best I can do for now as I have to run out soon):

    ... Draconian gun control laws have recently been introducedótouched off by a lone gunmanís shooting rampage in Tasmania in 1996. The public outrage towards the madman was understandable, and anti-gun politicians rode an easy tidal wave of indignation that quickly put extremely restrictive gun laws on the books. There is no Bill of Rights in Australia, so the whims of media frenzies can often end up as law. And there is nothing you can do about it.

    All firearms must now be registered, and only those farmers or sporting shooters who can obtain a prohibitively hard-to-get "Category C" license can now legally possess weapons such as semi-automatic .22s and pump-action shotguns. Weíre not talking about school yard Uzis and AK-47s here, but even deer rifles and your grandmotherís 20-gauge. They are now banned to all those who canít justify to the government (in an eight-page registration form) that they deserve a gun license...

    Nevada Journal: Guns Down Under

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Raven Day ~ Raven Ashley Rud 1997-2012
    By Jacie Estes in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 12:15 PM
  2. Raven Peters (Abaroa) new girlfriend, state, name and life
    By terminatrixator in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 10:06 AM
  3. Raven-isms and Raven lingo
    By PrayersForMaura in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-26-2005, 07:34 AM

Tags for this Thread