South Africa - Dane Darries, 11, stabbed to death at school, 27 Feb 2006

JellyBean

Reaction score
How does a parent survive this? :(

*snip*

Cape Town - The Lotus River community near Grassy Park has been shocked by the brutal murder of an 11-year-old pupil, allegedly by someone from the school.

Dane Darries, a Grade 4 pupil at Stephen Road Primary School, was stabbed 14 times with a sharp object and left for dead in the boys' toilet at the school.

Classmates queuing to go upstairs to their classroom saw Dane enter the toilets immediately after the first break.

A while later a pupil found Dane's bloodied body in one of the toilet stalls. He was still breathing, but died as paramedics tried to save his life.

Police combed the schoolyard, but had not found a murder weapon by evening. The motive for the murder is still unknown and police have questioned teachers and pupils.

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_1889547,00.html

JellyBean

Our kids really aren't safe anywhere. I just wish help would have gotten to him sooner. Poor little guy. :(

I am currently in EMT school and these are the kind of calls that I dread the most. We are studying Infants and children right now and reading all of this, I think of my 2yr old granddaughter. It is really tough.
God bless this family. What is the most frieghtening (sp) is that probably another student his age did this. Our society today puts no value on human life. What a crying shame.

This is so sad. Something similar happened when I was in 7th grade. It was mandatory that everyone took shop class and my shop teacher was busy helping another student. Two boys who already didn't like eachother were arguing and one of the boys picked up a drill and drilled into the other boy's neck. The boy ended up being ok after having some major surgery done, the other boy got expelled from school. I hope they find out who hurt this poor little boy.

Paradise said:
This is so sad. Something similar happened when I was in 7th grade. It was mandatory that everyone took shop class and my shop teacher was busy helping another student. Two boys who already didn't like eachother were arguing and one of the boys picked up a drill and drilled into the other boy's neck. The boy ended up being ok after having some major surgery done, the other boy got expelled from school. I hope they find out who hurt this poor little boy.
:eek: OMG! That's horrible!!! Thank God the kid was ok, but, I could see how that could have killed him. Jeesh!

The kid who drilled into the other boy was always a troublemaker, no one liked him much and he was always kind of an outcast. He was sort of like two guys from Columbine...trench coat and all...and I can honestly say I was a little releived when he was expelled cause he scared the crap out of me.

Dane Darries, 11, was stabbed in the toilet at his Stephen Road Primary School in Lotus River in 2006. His case file will be reviewed in 2024 and has been undetected due to a lack of evidence. FILE

Dane Darries, 11, was stabbed in the toilet at his Stephen Road Primary School in Lotus River in 2006. His case file will be reviewed in 2024 and has been undetected due to a lack of evidence. FILE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back