1298 users online (262 members and 1036 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

South Africa - Estranged husband shoots wife in the genitals

Yet another horror story...

A Pretoria woman is fighting for her life in hospital after her estranged husband allegedly shot her in the genitals with a shotgun at point-blank range before shooting himself in the head.

Marie le Grange, 41, was critically injured when her husband, Johan, 52, broke into her Moreleta Park home through a kitchen window on Friday night and attacked her in her lounge.

The couple, who lived in Cape Town until October last year when they got married, were in the process of getting divorced.

Marie le Grange had moved out of their home and into her new house in a security complex in Delfi Street three weeks ago.

It is believed that Le Grange's husband hired a private investigator to track her down and that he broke into her home after discovering where she lived.

A neighbour, who heard Le Grange screaming for help as her husband attacked her, alerted the complex caretaker but by the time he arrived at the house she had already been shot and her husband was dead.

A member of the security complex's body corporate who helped stabilise Le Grange before paramedics arrived, said as he walked out of his house he heard screams and then two gunshots.

"I got such a fright. I did not know what was going on," said the man who asked not to be named.

When he and a paramedic, who lived in the complex, arrived at Le Grange's house her husband was already dead.

I couldn't believe the amount of blood everywhere. The couple were lying next to each other in a pool of blood," he said.

The man said as he ran into the house he could hear Marie le Grange screaming for help.

"She was lying on the floor clutching herself and screaming. It was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. How can someone do this? Surely there are better ways of sorting out family troubles?"

He said Le Grange was an extremely friendly person and had made a number of friends in the three weeks she had been living in the complex. "I cannot believe that something like this has happened. It is shocking," he said.

Le Grange's sister-in-law, Sharon Porter, said the family was too traumatised to comment.

"We want to keep this private," said Porter at the Pretoria East Hospital's intensive care unit where Le Grange is being treated.

Police confirmed the shooting and suicide and were following up on a number of leads to try to establish the motive for the shootings.
    http://iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&...82C346664#jump

JellyBean

Good. I'm glad he at least succeeded in offing himself