Did I kill before?

thelmadawg

Reaction score
Have I killed before or again?

Likely. For purposes of this discussion, we need to assume that the killer is an intruder (i.e., not the parents). I hope this ground hasn't been covered in exactly this way, but, if so, maybe we can take a fresh look, not at exactly who did it, but what the crime tells us.

And . . . there's quite a bit we do know:

1. The murder was premeditated: the perp in some fashion (unknown -- publicity, talent contests, news items) knew of his victim and where she lived. There was probably stalking invloved.

2. The perpetrator was an experienced killer: it was a peverse and well planned murder - no panicked newbie. He took his time in a nightmare of torture, brutality and fear.

3. The perpetrator left his signature: a ligature with a specific knot system and a stick device.

3. Because of items (2 & 3), it is likely that the perp had killed before, and has done so since given the opportunity; that is, not incarcerated or dead.

4. The perp was literate. The ransom note displays an individual with a reasonable command of the English language, i.e., attache with the tilde.

5. The ransom note -- a source of endless interpretation -- displays a controlling, arrogant disdain for the male figure in the family.

Given the above, it seems reasonable to conclude that the killer is a serial molester who has likely killed before. While it doesn't tell us who the perp is, it would seem to narrow the field quite a bit -- someone now incarcerated and/or the perpertrator of unsolved child and young teen murders. This is not a person satisfied with child rape or molestation. Such a person could be of Boulder origin, but also a transient passing through, or a sexually deviant individual who developed a fixation via internet, pageants, etc., from any state.

It would be a person much like Anthony Shore, now on death row in Houston, TX. Teen and child murders, ligature strangulation with stick employed, torture. Smart, controlling, poor family relationships, poor relationship with father, early displayed sadistic and sexually deviant behavior, etc.

So, do any of you folks have unsolved sexually motivated murders with ligature strangulation of young people or children in your state,or know of same, or know of a way to access unsolved child murders that might be databased online?

The FACT that the police in one jurisdiction called the murder weapon a tourniquet , and in another (boulder) called it a garrotte, could have kept these and other crimes from being linked.

3. The perpetrator left his signature: a ligature with a specific knot system and a stick device.

I can't see that as evidence of prior murders. The very fact that you're going to garotte someone requires that you make a garotte - it's not something you can buy at Wal-Mart. It has to be made with some system of knots just to exist. That applies to the garotte of a first-time murderer as much as it does to the garotte of a serial killer.

If the murderer should happen to be a serial killer who murdered before, wouldn't one of his signatures be to get into and rummage around through the home, sexually assault with an object, leave no semen behind, to redress the victim, and maybe use strangulation at times instead of the garrotte since it did come from the house.

thelmadawg said:
Excerpts) Have I killed before or again?
Likely....And . . . there's quite a bit we do know:
1. There was probably stalking invloved..............
5. The ransom note...displays a controlling, arrogant disdain for the male figure in the family. .....

It would be a person much like Anthony Shore, now on death row in Houston, TX. Teen and child murders, ligature strangulation with stick employed, torture... ......

Could be someone like Anthony Shore, like BTK, and so many others.

I like your notice of the arrogant disdain for the male figure in the family.

And I'm reminded that in the part of the movie "The Jackal", starring the guy Cybil Shepherd was I think married to, whose name I only forget when I start to write it, the good guy was told "You can't protect your women." I too think that attitude is a clue, whether or not the R's have any idea who he is or have any reason to have to cover for him. IOW, He could be another Jackal.

BTW, I came across a printout in my stack about Philippine beheadings, not saying it's connected, haven't even read it yet myself. But it crossed my mind that the word beheaded in the RN, the idea, certainly could have come from there and JR had been stationed there. I printed this out in 2001, so probably the link no longer works, sorry, http://www.familytoday.net/pages/51987.asp Philippine police told AP that Muslim rebels had captured a couple of dozen hostages, including 3 Americans, beheaded 2 captives, nationality unknown, and were threatening to kill a missionary. It's been discussed at various forums that there were some Muslims at the U. in Boulder. I'm NOT saying it's definitely connected at all.

I just think the word beheaded could be a clue, like the arrogant disdain, that definitely tells us something about the possible killer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back