71 Yr. Old Teacher/Sex Change

Jean

Former Member
Reaction score
I can understand why parents are concerned (grade school children aren't old enough to understand this change, imo.) I bet Mr. McBeth, now known as Lily McBeth, won't get very many calls to sub.

Teacher to return after having sex change

http://www.modbee.com/24hour/nation/story/3204189p-11920556c.html

EAGLESWOOD TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - To students at Eagleswood Elementary School, she used to be Mr. McBeth. Now, after undergoing a sex change, 71-year-old Lily McBeth is ready to return to teaching as Miss McBeth.

Despite criticism from parents, the school board on Monday stood by its decision to allow McBeth to resume working as a substitute teacher.
(More at link, along with a picture)

:eek: He/she looks pretty scary in my opinion, maybe she should apply to sub at another school where it won't confuse the children.

I wonder why a 71 year old man would want to become a 71 year old ugly woman. :waitasec: I assume she'll start dating men. Good luck with a mug like that.

:rolleyes:

Snip
Young children will be confused by the conflicting appearance of McBeth, who has a deep voice and masculine features but otherwise looks like a woman, other parents said.

And we worry why schools are so out of wack. They took God out and let idiots in. :furious:

Paradise said:
:eek: He/she looks pretty scary in my opinion, maybe she should apply to sub at another school where it won't confuse the children.
that was my first thought-- i look at it like, its his/her life, but if he/she is so into teaching, why wouldnt he/she sub at a different school just for that reason--

If this poor man has lived for 71 years feeling like he didn't belong in his own skin and hating himself, I, for one, am thrilled to pieces that he'll at least get to live out his remaining years having some positive self esteem and feeling good bout herself. What difference does it make it he's 71 or 27? If he feels like this is something that he/she HAD to do in order to feel good about himself, I don't see why it should bother anyone else. Maybe it would be a good opportunity to teach children about TOLERANCE and love for others. Maybe it would be a good opportunity to teach them to treat this person as they would wish to be treated and not take it as an opportunity to make him/her feel bad simply so that they can feel better about themselves. How sad it is that they need to tease this elderly person about something that they don't know the first thing about.

You know, it is interesting but it has been found that a side effect of some drugs used to treat Parkinson's and other illnesses, have been documented to have a side effect of many men using them suddenly have a great interest in transvestism and women's clothing. And then after the drug is removed, the interest in the behavior diminishes or stops as well.

This story just made me think of that and made me wonder what meds the guy/gal is/was taking. Hopefully he doesn't change meds and want to be a man again.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12151912&dopt=Abstract

Jeana (DP) said:
If this poor man has lived for 71 years feeling like he didn't belong in his own skin and hating himself, I, for one, am thrilled to pieces that he'll at least get to live out his remaining years having some positive self esteem and feeling good bout herself.

Counting me, that still makes one. :D

Jeana (DP) said:
What difference does it make it he's 71 or 27?

I think the act of sex kicks in somewhere. That's like buying a new car and not driving it.

I suppose an old saying may apply here. Just because there's snow on the roof, don't mean there ain't a fire in the furnace. (different pipes though.)

Jeana (DP) said:
Maybe it would be a good opportunity to teach children about TOLERANCE and love for others.

You have a good heart. Better than mine, because I would say no.

Jeana (DP) said:
How sad it is that they need to tease this elderly person about something that they don't know the first thing about.

You're right. I don't know anything about this. He went from a marriage of 33 years and 3 kids to being a big, scary woman with a deep voice. That's more than enough material for teasing.

JMO

BirdieBoo said:
You know, it is interesting but it has been found that a side effect of some drugs used to treat Parkinson's and other illnesses, have been documented to have a side effect of many men using them suddenly have a great interest in transvestism and women's clothing. And then after the drug is removed, the interest in the behavior diminishes or stops as well.
[/URL]

Stop me! I feel a joke coming on.

(Sorry, Jeana. :blowkiss: )

Fine and dandy if he/she wants a sex change, but I feel that kids should not be exposed to it in school by a teacher. Keep it to yourself old man/old woman. :twocents:

I just know that the ages he/she/this person teaches is 4-12. Now. I have boys right in the middle of that age group. I'm not yet prepared to expose them to what I consider very in depth issues about people's sexuality. I dont want to have that talk yet, and I dont want to have to explain it. I personally can understand why the teacher did it, but to EXPECT the parents of this school to get on board and explain it to the children so they don't tease the teacher, well.. IMO that's just asking too much. The majority of this age group just can't wrap their heads around this issue. I for one, don't want my kids exposed to it yet anyway.

I'll I can picture is her sitting there doing her nails - lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back