1102 users online (219 members and 883 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Daytona Beach - Female Body, March 2006 - Iwana Patton

Investigators in Daytona Beach, Fla., are checking to see if the body of a woman found over the weekend is connected to several recent murders in the area, Local 6 News has learned.

The body of Iwana Patton, from Holly Hill, Fla., was found near the intersection of Williamson Boulevard and Madison Avenue Friday.

Daytona Beach police said they have five investigators on the case, Local 6 News reported.
    http://www.local6.com/news/7516636/detail.html
    sounds like another serial murderer .

Terrible.......Hopefully now some family will know what happened to their loved one....

This couldn't be Jennifer Kesse, could it?

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    This couldn't be Jennifer Kesse, could it?
    No, I don't believe so, they have named the woman found in the article:

The body of Iwana Patton, from Holly Hill, Fla., was found near the intersection of Williamson Boulevard and Madison Avenue Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    No, I don't believe so, they have named the woman found in the article:

Oh, DUH!!!!!!!! I saw that, but I didn't SEE that!! I guess I thought this poor woman was one of the other murders that had occurred in the area that were referred to. Sorry!! ::::going to make some coffee:::::

serial type at work?

. . .It was the third time a woman's body has been found in Daytona Beach in three months. The other two deaths also are being investigated as homicides.

Investigators are looking for similarities among the three cases, police spokesman Sgt. Al Tolley said. . .
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...tory?track=rss

These gals were either hitchhicking or other activities that go along with getting into a strangers car.

They have found a body of a 27 yr old in her own home in Satellite Beach which is close to Daytona. No news as to cause of death yet.
    I doubt that this guy was operating in Orlando. Its Bike Week in Daytona this week, I hope all the girls stay safe.

I wonder if there are more women missing .I have a feeling their will be more bodies found.

'Serial Killer' Tipster IDed, Eliminated As Suspect

Investigators in Daytona Beach, Fla., identified and interviewed a caller Tuesday who led them to one of three women believed to have been murdered by a serial killer, Local 6 News has learned.
    Police said Laquetta Gunther, Julie Green and Iwana Patton got into cars with a stranger and were later found shot to death and dumped in secluded areas.

A search was launched for an anonymous caller who led police to Patton's body last month and did not offer any other information before hanging up.

Police tracked the caller down and said the person is not a suspect in the serial killer case.

The search continues for the man responsible for the slayings.

Prostitutes Hunting Serial Killer

Meanwhile, women involved in prostitution in Daytona Beach, Fla., have reportedly armed themselves and are searching for the serial killer, according to a Local 6 News report.

"Rather than run from the man police labeled a serial killer, streetwalkers here in Daytona Beach along Ridgewood Avenue say they are seeking the serial killer out," Local 6 reported Tarik Minor said. "They believe the man responsible for murdering three women here is someone they have come in contact with."
    We will get him first," streetwalker Tonya Richardson said. "Yeah, we are going to get him first. When we find him, he is going to be sorry. It is as simple as that."

Richardson said she and other women are carrying weapons on the streets after Laquetta Gunther, Julie Green and Iwana Patton were found dead in the city.

"I carry a switch blade with me now," Richardson said. "Everyone else does now, too."

In recent days, local ministers have also hit Daytona streets warning prostitutes about the killer, Local 6 News reported.
    I think this guy will be someone they dont suspect ,probably a clean normal looking man.

I wish they hadn't printed this in the paper. Now he'll just move on to somewhere else.

Too bad, woulda' been interesting if one of these girls had gotten him.

JMHO
    fran

Quote Originally Posted by fran
    I wish they hadn't printed this in the paper. Now he'll just move on to somewhere else.

Too bad, woulda' been interesting if one of these girls had gotten him.

JMHO
    fran
    He might kill a couple more first just to show that he can, especially since some potential victems bragged they are carrying knives now.

YAYYAAY for them!!!!

GO girlies! .. Maybe they will feel more empowered and take this to all aspects of their lives and do better.

That is not very smart on the part of Tonya Richardson, I saw her in the video as well as statements made by her above. The serial killer no doubt has a TV and has seen her too, this bravado will probably just get more women killed. Their switch blades will not be much help. If these women did not have a target on their back before, they certainly do now and the SK may even find this to be a game.

I disagree.. Those who prey upon the weak prey on the weakest of the pack not those who fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    I disagree.. Those who prey upon the weak prey on the weakest of the pack not those who fight.
    There is something to be said about that. I agree if it is a serial who is basically weak than this is a deterrent. But, if, this is a taunt and he reacts to the taunt than the gals have more to worry about...as in escalation. Most serials do escalate. They react with mutilaton and other horrors. The fact that he used a gun puts him in a slightly different category.He is not as up front and personal as some but that doesn't mean he won't change.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast