1143 users online (176 members and 967 guests)  

Websleuths News

A Request

I would like to ask that member here at Websleuths with children in grade school copy the names of your state representatives--from the list prepared by Timex-- and pass that along to your child's school requesting that they send notes home with the children asking that the parents contact their representatives. It will only take a few minutes of your time, but it will end up saving lives. It only takes a minute or two to make a stop at the grade schools in your area to make a request for their participation. Just remember, it could be your child the next time.

I am focused on grade schools because parents with children this age are the more concerned ones--nothing against the parents of older children.

Tricia....Please feel free to remove this thread, it was started in reference to a post I made on another thread in this forum.

"I sent e-mails to John Cornyn and Kay Hutchinson. I also copied their information from the list Timex prepared and sent it to all of my friends, book club members, people I volunteer with and neighbors. I visited three of the schools in my immediate area to give them the information and request that they prepare a note to send home with students requesting the support of parents. They acted interested--hope they will send notes home with the children."

I was trying to generate more support from parents of young children.
    Last edited by Animal04216; 03-04-2006 at 08:30 PM. Reason: remove quote

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    Tricia....Please feel free to remove this thread, it was started in reference to a post I made on another thread in this forum.

"I sent e-mails to John Cornyn and Kay Hutchinson. I also copied their information from the list Timex prepared and sent it to all of my friends, book club members, people I volunteer with and neighbors. I visited three of the schools in my immediate area to give them the information and request that they prepare a note to send home with students requesting the support of parents. They acted interested--hope they will send notes home with the children."
    I was trying to generate more support from parents of young children.
    No problem. Please let's keep it here. It's a great idea.

This is how out of it I was last night. I thought this thread was in the Administrators forum. That's why I posted asking why it was "here." LOL

The thread is in the right forum. It's my mind that's not in the right place.

Jean, I think this is a FANTASTIC idea.

Sorry about me messing it up. Whoops.

Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    No problem. Please let's keep it here. It's a great idea.

This is how out of it I was last night. I thought this thread was in the Administrators forum. That's why I posted asking why it was "here." LOL

The thread is in the right forum. It's my mind that's not in the right place.

Jean, I think this is a FANTASTIC idea.

Sorry about me messing it up. Whoops.

Tricia
    You didn't mess it up! After reading my post again, I don't think my message was very clear so maybe this will clear things up. :-)

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Hi Jean,

Yes, I messed up big time. I thought I was in the private Admin. forum. It's the forum for the mods and admins to use to bring issues to our attention.

Sometimes we move posts/threads to the admin forum if we see a problem.

I thought, "Hey, there is nothing wrong with this thread, why is it here?" LOL.

I just had a loooong nap. Now I am going to bed. LOL
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    What's funny to me, is that I was going to post yesterday what a great idea Jean had, and that I would be contacting the elementary schools in my town. I got distracted and when I thought about posting it, Tricia had responded with her question.

I figured I'd best not be posting to a thread that wasn't supposed to be here! I came back and reread it several times, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out *why* it wasn't supposed to be here. lol!

Now that it's safe - great thinking, Jean!
    Excellent idea!