Huge carbomb detonates near U.S. Consulate, Karachi

We have to admit that GWB draws large crowds (of protesters) in advance of anywhere he goes in the Mideast--a security contingent of 5,000 men in India to guard him. All he is trying to do is generate some positive PR, however it doesn't seem to be working. His 5 hour stop in Afghanistan to serve lunch to some of the soldiers is just a photo op. Sorry to sound so negative towards GWB, but my tolerance limit was exceeded at "Mission Accomplished."

Also 52 injured, including women and children.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11631196/

Thousands also demonstrated against him in India, although India in general is our ally.

Why in the world is he going to Pakistan? Seems a little dangerous right now, with Iraq breaking out in turmoil. Bet the Secret Service are a little nervous.

(Oh, I forgot, he's got Dick Cheney guarding him ) yuck, yuck

Seriously, I wonder if he'll change his route.

My heart goes out to all the military families that have served for generations and are seeing Iraq fall apart right before their eyes. I really think this could get much worse before it gets better.

Jubie

The U.S. diplomat killed was David Foy. His family was notified almost immediately. His daughter is attending a nearby college and works with the youth in a friend's church. The family is gathering in Goldsboro, NC. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
Thank you.

A memorial service for David Foy will be held this evening (Tuesday) at six o'clock in N.C. Please continue to remember the Foy family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back