965 users online (191 members and 774 guests)  

Websleuths News

KY - Cave City, WhtFem UP107, 20-50, along I-65, blue/white V-neck dress, Nov'73

http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/c...3coldcase2.htm

The victim was a white female, approximately 35 years old, 5'7" to 5'8" tall, 140 to 150 lbs., shoulder length auburn hair. She was wearing a blue and white v-neck dress and pink underwear. The fingernails of her left hand were painted with ivory nail polish. The middle incisor teeth of maxilla were missing. She died from a gun-shot wound and her body was found stashed in a small ravine just off of the interstate. A key ring was found near the scene and had a key to a GM vehicle, 1969 ignition.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-31-2013 at 04:38 AM. Reason: update thread title

would be helpful to know if there are any rule-outs. none are listed at Namus.

The age, height and timing are off, but Barbara Hilton was last seen August 4, 1972 in Montrose, Illinois, which is a five-hour drive along I-70 and I-65 to Cave City. Hilton was last seen wearing a "sundress," which corresponds to the cotton dress the UID wore. Cotton is a warm-weather fabric. Hilton drove a '68 Chevy Nova (it was recovered near her hometown) and a key ring with a key for a GM vehicle with a 1969 ignition was found near the UID.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9464/62
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3017dfil.html
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    The age, height and timing are off, but Barbara Hilton was last seen August 4, 1972 in Montrose, Illinois, which is a five-hour drive along I-70 and I-65 to Cave City. Hilton was last seen wearing a "sundress," which corresponds to the cotton dress the UID wore. Cotton is a warm-weather fabric. Hilton drove a '68 Chevy Nova (it was recovered near her hometown) and a key ring with a key for a GM vehicle with a 1969 ignition was found near the UID.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9464/62
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3017dfil.html
    the timing is less of a concern to me than the height. Barbara was estimated to be 5'2"-5'3" and the UID 5'7"-5'8". we have seen a match that was 4 inches off, but I am assuming they cross referenced the skelton and the clothes the UID was wearing to come up with the height estimate.

also, Barbara owned an 1968 Chevy Nova and the key was for a 1969 Chevy so I can't put that much stock in the key.

one other thing, if the date of death is accurate - a few months before Nov 1973, if it is Barbara, then it is doubtful she would have been wearing the same sun dress from Aug 1972.

Could she be considered part of this?
    Redhead Murders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

She could've been an early "redhead" victim. She was found right off of a major interstate and one person described her hair as "auburn," which I take to mean "brown with reddish tint."

Most of the victims were found along major arteries in the KY/TN area in the early/mid-1980s. Perhaps she was an early victim. She fits the profile to a "T" other than being killed earlier than the others. It may be too late to catch them now, but there HAS to have been a killer(s) targeting red-heads in the area. Too many unknown redheads have been found along the Interstates with such similar characteristics. I just think there are too many to be mere coincidence.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

I'm fairly new here, but could someone change the name of the thread? It says male. Unless I'm missing something huge, this is a female.

KY - Barren Co., WhtFem UP107, 20-50, in small ravine just off Interstate 65, Nov'73

The Doe Network

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: November 2, 1973
    Location of Discovery: Between Park City and Cave City, Barren County, Kentucky
    Estimated Date of Death: 2-3 months prior to discovery
    State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
    Cause of Death: Gunshot wound to chest
    Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 20-50 years old
    Race: White
    Height: 5'7" to 5'8"
    Weight: 140-150 lbs.
    Hair Color: Auburn, shoulder length with reddish-brown body hair.
    Eye Color: Unknown
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: The fingernails of her left hand were painted with ivory nail polish.
    Dentals: Available. The middle incisor teeth of maxilla are missing.
    Fingerprints: Not available.
    DNA: Not available.
    Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: White cotton v-necked dress with blue horizontal stripes and an elastic waist and front buttons, heavy support stockings, pink panties with lavender polka-dots, and a bra with prosthetic inserts or "falsies."
    Jewelry: Unknown.
    Additional Personal Items: A key ring was found near the scene and had a key to a GM vehicle, 1969 ignition.
    Case History

The decomposed remains of the victim were found stashed in a small ravine just off Interstate 65. The body was found 100 feet west of the southbound lane, 7/10 of a mile north of Park City.
    Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Barren County Coroner's Office
    Agency Contact Person: Amy Burrows-Beckham
    Agency Phone Number: 270-651-5122 or 502-852-5587
    Agency Name: Kentucky State Police
    Agency Contact Person: Lt. Ezra Stout or Sgt. Jaman Childers
    Agency Phone Number: 270-782-2010
    Lt. Stout E-Mail
    Sgt Childers E-Mail

Agency Case Number: ME-73-22
    NCIC Case Number: U501273408
    NamUs Case Number: UP #107
    Former Hot Case Number: 155
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
    Information Source(s)

NamUs
    Kentucky State Police
    Doe Network http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/929ufky.html

Why's this thread in the "sticky" section now?