KY KY - Park City, I-65 SB, Barren Co, WhtFem 20-50, UP107, Blue/White V-Neck Dress, GM Keys, Nov'73

Hollow

Former member
Reaction score
http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/cold_case/post3coldcase2.htm

The victim was a white female, approximately 35 years old, 5'7" to 5'8" tall, 140 to 150 lbs., shoulder length auburn hair. She was wearing a blue and white v-neck dress and pink underwear. The fingernails of her left hand were painted with ivory nail polish. The middle incisor teeth of maxilla were missing. She died from a gun-shot wound and her body was found stashed in a small ravine just off of the interstate. A key ring was found near the scene and had a key to a GM vehicle, 1969 ignition.

would be helpful to know if there are any rule-outs. none are listed at Namus.

The age, height and timing are off, but Barbara Hilton was last seen August 4, 1972 in Montrose, Illinois, which is a five-hour drive along I-70 and I-65 to Cave City. Hilton was last seen wearing a "sundress," which corresponds to the cotton dress the UID wore. Cotton is a warm-weather fabric. Hilton drove a '68 Chevy Nova (it was recovered near her hometown) and a key ring with a key for a GM vehicle with a 1969 ignition was found near the UID.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9464/62
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3017dfil.html

The age, height and timing are off, but Barbara Hilton was last seen August 4, 1972 in Montrose, Illinois, which is a five-hour drive along I-70 and I-65 to Cave City. Hilton was last seen wearing a "sundress," which corresponds to the cotton dress the UID wore. Cotton is a warm-weather fabric. Hilton drove a '68 Chevy Nova (it was recovered near her hometown) and a key ring with a key for a GM vehicle with a 1969 ignition was found near the UID.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9464/62
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3017dfil.html

the timing is less of a concern to me than the height. Barbara was estimated to be 5'2"-5'3" and the UID 5'7"-5'8". we have seen a match that was 4 inches off, but I am assuming they cross referenced the skelton and the clothes the UID was wearing to come up with the height estimate.

also, Barbara owned an 1968 Chevy Nova and the key was for a 1969 Chevy so I can't put that much stock in the key.

one other thing, if the date of death is accurate - a few months before Nov 1973, if it is Barbara, then it is doubtful she would have been wearing the same sun dress from Aug 1972.

Could she be considered part of this?
Redhead Murders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

She could've been an early "redhead" victim. She was found right off of a major interstate and one person described her hair as "auburn," which I take to mean "brown with reddish tint."

Most of the victims were found along major arteries in the KY/TN area in the early/mid-1980s. Perhaps she was an early victim. She fits the profile to a "T" other than being killed earlier than the others. It may be too late to catch them now, but there HAS to have been a killer(s) targeting red-heads in the area. Too many unknown redheads have been found along the Interstates with such similar characteristics. I just think there are too many to be mere coincidence.

I'm fairly new here, but could someone change the name of the thread? It says male. Unless I'm missing something huge, this is a female.

The Doe Network

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: November 2, 1973
Location of Discovery: Between Park City and Cave City, Barren County, Kentucky
Estimated Date of Death: 2-3 months prior to discovery
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Gunshot wound to chest
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 20-50 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'7" to 5'8"
Weight: 140-150 lbs.
Hair Color: Auburn, shoulder length with reddish-brown body hair.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: The fingernails of her left hand were painted with ivory nail polish.
Dentals: Available. The middle incisor teeth of maxilla are missing.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: White cotton v-necked dress with blue horizontal stripes and an elastic waist and front buttons, heavy support stockings, pink panties with lavender polka-dots, and a bra with prosthetic inserts or "falsies."
Jewelry: Unknown.
Additional Personal Items: A key ring was found near the scene and had a key to a GM vehicle, 1969 ignition.
Case History

The decomposed remains of the victim were found stashed in a small ravine just off Interstate 65. The body was found 100 feet west of the southbound lane, 7/10 of a mile north of Park City.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Barren County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Amy Burrows-Beckham
Agency Phone Number: 270-651-5122 or 502-852-5587
Agency Name: Kentucky State Police
Agency Contact Person: Lt. Ezra Stout or Sgt. Jaman Childers
Agency Phone Number: 270-782-2010
Lt. Stout E-Mail
Sgt Childers E-Mail

Agency Case Number: ME-73-22
NCIC Case Number: U501273408
NamUs Case Number: UP #107
Former Hot Case Number: 155
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

NamUs
Kentucky State Police
Doe Network http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/929ufky.html

Why's this thread in the "sticky" section now?

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP107
Female, White / Caucasian

Date Body Found: November 2, 1973
Location Found: Barren County, Kentucky

Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 50; 20-50
Estimated Year of Death: 1973
Estimated PMI: Months
Estimated Height: 5' 7"
Estimated Weight: 145 lbs
Hair Color: Red/Auburn; reddish-brown

Distinctive Physical Features: Ivory colored nail polish on fingernails of the left hand

Clothing: Cotton V-necked dress (White with blue horizontal stripes), elastic waist, two front buttonholes, Slip, Heavy support stockings, Pink panties with lavender polka-dots, "
Exquisite Form" bra with prosthetic inserts "falsies"

Accessories: Set of keys near the body - one key possibly to a 1969 GM product ignition, one key possibly to a 1969 GM product trunk, one key possibly to a 1967-1971 ignition, two keys engraved with "114"

Circumstances of Recovery: Found along Interstate.

"0 Missing Person Exclusions"

This one seems like it has a decent amount to go on... I call her Ivory. The keys could be a good starting pointing; finding someone who may have went missing with their vehicle. For some reason I’m thinking she’s towards the top of the age range...no particular reason.

I wonder what the “114” could mean? Apartment #? Hotel #? (Hey! That actually makes sense!) storage locker?

I think you are on to something. My first thought was storage locker.
Mine too. But it doesn’t specify the size or type of key...now I’m thinking motel/hotel. I don’t know what types of keys would have numbers engraved on them back in the early 70s. Or if it was just a manufacturer number...

Here’s Althea Blankinship
866F90DA-6AEA-427A-876B-2318A2D9AFAE.jpeg 78FFF622-D27B-43DC-BBF6-E81A6D4031A7.jpeg
Washington - March 1973
- 23 years old (20-50)
- 5’7” (5’7”-5’8”)
- 135-145 lbs (140-150 lbs)
- Brown/blue
- Althea and her son were reported to have been dropped off at Sea-Tac International Airport in Seattle, WA. They had plans to travel to Greece to meet her parents who were already there on vacation. They did not arrive in Greece and have not been seen or heard from since.

Not entirely sure how she would have ended up in Kentucky or where her son may be... might explain the keys, depending on the accuracy of her MP report ...Not sure about this one, but her stats match and the timing...

Reactions: mrz
This is more like what I envisioned (her and the circumstances). But she’s about 5 inches to short and 30 pounds too light. It does look like she could have some teeth missing...

June Allison Streeter
265BEF1F-030F-44B7-AE70-22E1CE512C53.jpeg
Alabama - October 1973
- 41 years old
- 5’2”, 120 lbs
- Strawberry blond/blue
- (snipped from The Charley Project)
June was last seen at a roadside rest stop on Highway 431 near Wedowee, Alabama on October 8, 1973. She, her husband Lawrence D. Streeter, and her two children from a previous marriage were traveling from his parents' home in Altha, Florida to their own home in Penn Yan, New York. Lawrence was driving the car, which was pulling a small travel trailer, and he pulled into the rest stop to spend the night. He, June and their two poodles slept in the travel trailer, and June's children were asleep in the car.

The next morning, Lawrence awakened the children and told them June had left during the night while he was asleep. The dogs were barking inside the trailer, but he wouldn't let the children into it. He unhooked the trailer and drove the children to a nearby town, gave them ten dollars and put them on a bus to Bath, New York, where their father lived. They arrived there two days later. <snip>

Her sister stated June was afraid of Lawrence and that she had left him several times, would always return to him. He had allegedly threatened her with a pistol on multiple occasions. <snip>

Investigators interviewed Lawrence and searched the travel trailer, and found a .32-caliber pistol and some of June's clothes.
eta: link & middle name

Last edited:
A vehicle and a travel trailer, along with the fact they were traveling through several states, could explain the keys. Our girl was shot to death...and June had been threatened by her husband with a gun previously and he was found with one in his possession after her disappearance...

I came across this case awhile back and forgot to post it so I couldn’t find it again until just now. It may be completely impossible, but something about her reminding me of “Ivory”. It sounds like they were probably murdered, but when? And what happened to them and the vehicle they were in? Are the vital stats too far off? It’s about a 6 hour drive from Chicago (south on I-65) to Barren County where she was found. I don’t know...seemed more logical when I found it the first time :confused: ETA: a lot of trouble to go through in disposing of the two, but maybe this could be Edward; KY - KY - Breathitt Co, WhtMale, 35-45, Bifocals, Fractured Rt Ankle & Walking Cane, 27 Jan 1979
Stephania Andrews
sophia_andrews_1.jpg

Missing from Chicago, Illinois (along with her husband) since May 1970
- 62 years old
- Height and Weight: Unknown
- Clothing/Jewelry Description: A cocktail dress and jewelry.
- Graying brown hair, brown eyes. Some agencies refer to Stephania as "Sophia Andrews." Her maiden name is Rynak. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Stephania and her husband, Edward, attended a cocktail party at the Sheraton hotel in Chicago, Illinois on Friday, May 15, 1970. The party was sponsored by the Women's Auxiliary of the Beverage Institute, which Stephania was a member of.

Other guests at the party stated Edward appeared to be ill and complained of being hungry, and Stephania was crying by the time they left. At 9:30 p.m., the Andrewses left in their black and yellow 1969 Oldsmobile sports coupe with the Illinois license plate number BB9986.

The parking garage attendant stated Edward was driving and hit the door on the way out; he had to back up and reposition the car to get out of the garage. The attendant saw Edward go the wrong way after he left, driving north in a southbound lane on Michigan Avenue. Neither Edward nor Stephania have been heard from again.

It was not until the following Monday that the Andrewses were reported missing. Stephania and Edward's co-workers became concerned because they failed to arrive at work. The police visited their home in Arlington Heights, Illinois and found newspapers piled on the front lawn and letters accumulated in the mailbox. A neighbor had a key and admitted authorities to the residence. Everything inside was orderly and nothing appeared to be missing.

There has been no activity on Edward and Stephania's stocks and bonds, bank accounts, and fourteen credit cards since their disappearances. Edward was an accountant and semi-retired by 1970; Stephania was a credit investigator at a loan company. They had been married for six or seven years. Both of them are described as hardworking, trustworthy individuals who did not drink heavily.

The prevailing theory is that the missing couple was killed when their car drove off a bridge into the Chicago River. Police found a place on a bridge on Lower Wacker Drive where there were scrapes on a concrete pillar and skid marks on the road, but numerous searches of the river turned up no evidence. In 1980, a general clean-up of the Chicago River produced twelve automobiles, but none of them was Edward and Stephania's car.

In 1994, an informant told investigators that Stephania and Edward had been murdered by a gang of young men. Their bodies were afterwards placed in their car, which was dumped in a shallow pond near Green Oaks in Lake County, Illinois. A search of the pond turned up no signs of a vehicle or bodies, however.

could someone screencap the state police info. i'm not able to access the site.. for whatever reason. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones
Back