William Gorsuch

beesy

myspace.com/beesy_boo
Reaction score
This is the neighbor who testifies to seeing Darin out in the front yard with Waddell.
I noticed some odd things in his testimony, about him, not the murders. Well, I think they're odd. He says he worked until about 1AM and before he left work he called his wife so its safe for him to enter the house.
2 Q. And, did you leave work at that time?
3 A. Yes, I did.
4 Q. Prior to leaving work, did you make any
5 phone calls?
6 A. Yes, I did.
7 Q. Who did you call?
8 A. I called my wife to let her know that I
9 was on my way home. Anytime I work late in the night I
10 always call my wife and let her know that I'm on my way
11 home. She knows approximately how long it takes me to
12 drive home. So it's safe for me to enter the house, so to
13 speak.
14 Q. Do you own a handgun?
15 A. Yes, I do.
16 Q. And she knows how to use it?
17 A. Yes, she does.
18 Q. Okay. You want to let her know you're
19 on the way home?
20 A. Correct.
21 Q. Okay. How long did it take you to get
22 home that day, that early morning of June 6th?
23 A. In the early morning hours, driving
24 from my workplace in Richardson to Rowlett is only about a
25 20 or 25 minute drive.

So if he doesn't call her, she'll shoot him? Weird
He also says that his son was friends with the Routier boys, but he didn't really talk to Darlie or Darin. He tells a story about the evening of the 5th.
Q. Where did you see Devon and Damon on
9 the night of the 5th?
10 A. They were playing with my son. Again,
11 kind of, fair game area. They were in my backyard. I was
12 mowing my yard, so I asked them to get out of the backyard
13 and go to the front yard. Whenever I went to the front
14 yard and started mowing, they were gone. The assumption
15 was they probably went across the street to the Routiers.
16 I later saw them riding bicycles, I believe,
17 in the area around their side of the street, again,
18 staying away from my mowing.
19 Q. Okay. You were just doing that as a
20 safety precaution?
21 A. Yes.
22 Q. Okay. How long did they play with your
23 son, Jonathan, that night?
24 A. It was approximately until dark,
25 probably 8:00 or 8:30.
Sounds like he just let his son run around too. But his wife is concerned enough to have a gun at the ready when her husband works late? Is this a neighborhood filled with lax parents? Or am I reading too much into it?
http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/volumes/vol-28.php#5

He is mowing the yard and it doesn't get dark in the summer till late like 9 pm.

I remember the pleasure of playing late into the summer nights, parents were different back then too. You knew all your neighbors, especially if your kids played together.

Most Texans I know practice their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

If my hubby worked at night I would keep a firearm handy too. I think I'd set up a code word or something else just to make sure I didn't kill him.

I would like to arm the bears and turn DP cases over to them but that's another story.

We do however keep a list of people not to go hunting with and our vice pres just made the list, Sheeeese. See him listed under Quick Draw Cheney.:slap:

I think you see a sinister aspect to all the information.

Winston Churchill about Russia -Russia is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

Beesy - maybe the wife has some sort of personal reason for being wary of people entering her house late at night - I have a friend, a rape survivor, who nearly 20 years later still sleeps with a gun under her pillow.

Fran

FRAN MACLEOD said:
Beesy - maybe the wife has some sort of personal reason for being wary of people entering her house late at night - I have a friend, a rape survivor, who nearly 20 years later still sleeps with a gun under her pillow.

Fran
Under her pillow? Wow, that's really dangerous. Although I own a gun (a detective special), I keep it in a place that is locked away. The thing about using a gun in a situation like an attack or rape, you run a high risk of that gun being overpowered and the gun taken from you and you, yourself, shot. As a general rule, men are much stronger than women *physically speaking* and could easily overpower us.............I keep it for a mental safety back up............Also, if you shoot the guy, he'd better be in the middle of an attack INSIDE YOUR BEDROOM or chances are you will stand trial for assault/murder..........the laws are crazy.

I once had a cop friend tell me if you shoot someone on your property, better drag him in your house or they'll be putting you on trial. He's right. Even branishing a gun in someones presents is against the law even if you are on your own property................at least here in CA.

Texas laws favor the homeowner moreso than those in California with regard to guns. If you use a gun protecting yourself, your family or your property here in Texas, you're pretty much going to get away with it unless there is something seriously hinky. Police officers here pretty much expect a homeowner will be armed when they respond to a call.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
I remember the pleasure of playing late into the summer nights, parents were different back then too. You knew all your neighbors, especially if your kids played together
Oh, I do too, but this wasn't "back then" and he does mention he had only spoken to Darin about 4 times and never to Darlie.
Most Texans I know practice their constitutional right to keep and bear arms
Right, I wasn't thinking like a Texan
If my hubby worked at night I would keep a firearm handy too. I think I'd set up a code word or something else just to make sure I didn't kill him.
Ok, I am Virginia born and bred. We don't own any guns, nor was I raised in a household with one. So it's a different concept for me. Plus, we are a paper mill town where people work shifts. I guess I'm just used to the idea of somebody coming home from work in the middle of the night
We do however keep a list of people not to go hunting with and our vice pres just made the list, Sheeeese. See him listed under Quick Draw Cheney.:slap:
Haha...don't blame ya

I think you see a sinister aspect to all the information
No, not sinister, just strange. Now I don't, thank you. This is why I asked. Must remember to think like a Texan and to never "just drop in". Call first!

Jeana (DP) said:
Texas laws favor the homeowner moreso than those in California with regard to guns. If you use a gun protecting yourself, your family or your property here in Texas, you're pretty much going to get away with it unless there is something seriously hinky. Police officers here pretty much expect a homeowner will be armed when they respond to a call.
Ok, thank you, I forgot yall Texans are in a different league than us Virginians. Get off my land or else, right?

beesy said:
Ok, thank you, I forgot yall Texans are in a different league than us Virginians. Get off my land or else, right?

I don't know about that, but if you show up on someone else's ranch in the middle of the night, you should expect to be greated by a shotgun. No prosecutor is going to try someone who shot someone on their own property if they want to keep their job. Its legal to carry a concealed weapon here in Texas and many of us do so.

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't know about that, but if you show up on someone else's ranch in the middle of the night, you should expect to be greated by a shotgun. No prosecutor is going to try someone who shot someone on their own property if they want to keep their job. Its legal to carry a concealed weapon here in Texas and many of us do so.
I didn't mean a lower league than us, I meant a higher league. I didn't realize yall could carry concealed weapons.

beesy said:
This is the neighbor who testifies to seeing Darin out in the front yard with Waddell.
I noticed some odd things in his testimony, about him, not the murders. Well, I think they're odd. He says he worked until about 1AM and before he left work he called his wife so its safe for him to enter the house.
2 Q. And, did you leave work at that time?
3 A. Yes, I did.
4 Q. Prior to leaving work, did you make any
5 phone calls?
6 A. Yes, I did.
7 Q. Who did you call?
8 A. I called my wife to let her know that I
9 was on my way home. Anytime I work late in the night I
10 always call my wife and let her know that I'm on my way
11 home. She knows approximately how long it takes me to
12 drive home. So it's safe for me to enter the house, so to
13 speak.
14 Q. Do you own a handgun?
15 A. Yes, I do.
16 Q. And she knows how to use it?
17 A. Yes, she does.
18 Q. Okay. You want to let her know you're
19 on the way home?
20 A. Correct.
21 Q. Okay. How long did it take you to get
22 home that day, that early morning of June 6th?
23 A. In the early morning hours, driving
24 from my workplace in Richardson to Rowlett is only about a
25 20 or 25 minute drive.

So if he doesn't call her, she'll shoot him? Weird
He also says that his son was friends with the Routier boys, but he didn't really talk to Darlie or Darin. He tells a story about the evening of the 5th.

He wouldn't be the first husband to get mistaken for a burglar and shot in the middle of the night. I agree with the others. Lots of John Waynes and cowboys in Texas. Not unusual for people to have guns and use them if they feel threatened.

beesy said:
Q. Where did you see Devon and Damon on
9 the night of the 5th?
10 A. They were playing with my son. Again,
11 kind of, fair game area. They were in my backyard. I was
12 mowing my yard, so I asked them to get out of the backyard
13 and go to the front yard. Whenever I went to the front
14 yard and started mowing, they were gone. The assumption
15 was they probably went across the street to the Routiers.
16 I later saw them riding bicycles, I believe,
17 in the area around their side of the street, again,
18 staying away from my mowing.
19 Q. Okay. You were just doing that as a
20 safety precaution?
21 A. Yes.
22 Q. Okay. How long did they play with your
23 son, Jonathan, that night?
24 A. It was approximately until dark,
25 probably 8:00 or 8:30.
beesy said:
Sounds like he just let his son run around too. But his wife is concerned enough to have a gun at the ready when her husband works late? Is this a neighborhood filled with lax parents? Or am I reading too much into it?
http://www.justicefordarlie.net/transcripts/volumes/vol-28.php#5
The Gorsuch boy was older than the Routier boys. I think he was about nine. I didn't see anything unusal in his behavior, esp with his father mowing the lawn and keeping a loose eye on him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back