FL FL - Monica Libao, may have been abducted as infant, 1963-64

Interesting case... I wonder if she ever found out anything? There isn't any update so its unlikely it has been resolved.... right?

Wow, first off I have to say wow because I was an unsolved mystery obsseive and didn't thing there were any segments I did not see. This one is completly unfamiliar to me. One thing I did notice was the picture of her ear really does not look deformed to me. It looks like a variant of normal to me. It could be the picture does not show the defect well. Earlobes are very very variable and It is possible if she is a victim of abduction her real family might not have recognized her earlobe shape as a defect and this clue could throw them off.

mjak

I couldn't imagine growing up that way and living that way...never knowing what's true and what isn't. It has to be hard.

PonderingThings said:
Interesting case... I wonder if she ever found out anything? There isn't any update so its unlikely it has been resolved.... right?
There's a thread on Monica on an UM site that says it's unresolved. The folks on the site usually know pretty quick if there's anything new.

Wow thats very interesting. I wonder if she will ever find anything out? I hope so.

We are seeing more lost identities showing up now. Think it's possible we can get WS forum to start a new section just for cases like this?

reportertype said:
There's a thread on Monica on an UM site that says it's unresolved. The folks on the site usually know pretty quick if there's anything new.
I saw the thread at Unsolved Mysteries - perhaps I should have worded my comment/question differently.

Does Unsolved Mysteries update their web pages as throughly and as quickly as they do the show?

Maybe that I am mistaken but I thought that UM went off the air a couple of years ago. Isn't what is being aired now re-runs of previously aired shows? If I am correct, then I doubt that updates on cases are being done. The phone number for the tip line on their website is still good though so maybe they are still working behind the scenes on cases.

I haven't seen the show in a long time and I too thought it was off the air. I remember though, the first time it was cancelled (and then later brought back) the reruns would have a screen shot at the end with a black background with white type giving any updates. It may have been just my local TV outlet that did it, but I doubt that.

That's why I was asking about the updates....

i wonder if they will ever bring back that show and have a new host? id love to see a show just dedicated to the missing.

The reruns are still shown on Lifetime Mon-Fri. (I have them on the Tivo) I found the UM Web site a while ago and notice that it does occasionally update. I'm not sure how fast they are; sometimes the people who frequent the site are quicker because they'll research cases on their own to try to find out any new info.
I loved that show; I'm with smile22.

UM is now being re-aired on SPIKE TV starting Monday October 13th. Monica's case is now featured on the brand new Unsolved.com website, under "Lost Loves".

Her name - Elizabeth Ann Gill

Missing since June 13, 1965 from Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 21, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 2 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 2'6" (76 cm); 22 lbs (10 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
AKA: Beth and Betsy
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Elizabeth was last seen the afternoon of June 13, 1965, in the front yard of her home in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.

Elizabeth Ann Gill is said to have had blue eyes at the time of her disappearance, but children's eyes usually start out blue, and my husband has a brother whose eyes were still blue up until he turned three, than they turned hazel. So I am wondering. Dates are similar. It might be worth a shot for Monica to check into. ESPECIALLY since the photos look VERY similar to each other. I found a child's photo of Monica, and it looks almost exactly like the photo of the little Elizabeth.

Take a look at the two photos of the small children and the two photos of the adult Monica and the age progression photos of each of them. I will make myself a photo album here just for the two. Give me a few minutes than go to my photo albums here.

I don't think she was the sister's baby or that she was sold for a bus ticket because if she was they wouldn't of had to move so often. My question is this....how in the world did they survive? Who worked? Kidnapped or not this seems very odd to me. Could one of them been running from the law for something?

I just realized that there is a forum on Elizabeth. The resembalance and the facts were so similar, that Elizabeth's sister took a DNA test and so did Monica. It was not a match. I apologize to all.

The thing is, if her father was in the military, he would have been moved all over the place. And he would have taken his wife and child/children along with him. So that would explain the moving. As for the fights she overheard, I just don't know about that....

Why doesn't she have her own site? The internet would be such a great tool in this circumstance. Does anyone know if she 'retrieved' DNA from her parents to do a secret test of her own?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back