Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CO - Abby Jo Blagg, 6, Grand Junction, 12 Nov 2001

CO - Abby Jo Blagg, 6, Grand Junction, 12 Nov 2001

JMHO

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quincy For This Useful Post:

Quincy.. wow thanks for posting this. I remember this story and I felt so sorry for the husband/dad.

I just read through and now see that HE was charged with the murder!!!!

The Mom has been found in a landfill.. but so sign of Abby.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Casshew For This Useful Post:

For Abby Jo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WasBlind For This Useful Post:

Thank you for posting that Was Blind. Abby has been on my mind a lot lately.
    JMHO

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Quincy For This Useful Post:

Thank you, Quincy, for caring for the missing, and those left behind to search for them.

I saw the thread could soon be deleted, and started bumping. We lost all of the Molly Bish thread recently, and that made me sad. I hope when I am away on my trip to Texas someone can keep these threads bumped, so we do not lose them.

Even the ones who have been found, need to be remembered.

Blessings and hugs, Lanie

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WasBlind For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Quincy.. wow thanks for posting this. I remember this story and I felt so sorry for the husband/dad.

I just read through and now see that HE was charged with the murder!!!!

The Mom has been found in a landfill.. but so sign of Abby.
    I've been following this case from the start. It's very intriquing, IMO. Almost like the "perfect murder". I believe that the right person is standing trial for Jennifer's murder. "If only" Abby's body could be found, then he would also be charged for her murder. "If" he is responsible, wouldn't you think he would want Abby to have peace? Instead of being "wherever" all alone. How selfish can one man be? It just angers me so much.

This interview was done with Blagg in February of 2002. Considering a few days after, he attempted suicide. Jennifer's body was found in the landfill the following June. It's a chilling interview.

Hope the link works:
    http://9news.com/storyfull-9wtk.asp?id=340
    JMHO

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quincy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Quincy
    I've been following this case from the start. It's very intriquing, IMO. Almost like the "perfect murder". I believe that the right person is standing trial for Jennifer's murder. "If only" Abby's body could be found, then he would also be charged for her murder. "If" he is responsible, wouldn't you think he would want Abby to have peace? Instead of being "wherever" all alone. How selfish can one man be? It just angers me so much.

This interview was done with Blagg in February of 2002. Considering a few days after, he attempted suicide. Jennifer's body was found in the landfill the following June. It's a chilling interview.

Hope the link works:
    http://9news.com/storyfull-9wtk.asp?id=340
    I think this guy murdered his daughter in such an awful way that he will never admit that he did it.

People like this guy cannot face telling the truth and having their friends and families find out what they are really like....even after they are caught they like to pretend innocence and show no remorse.

This guy had a lot of people fooled that he was a great guy and he couldn't bear facing the truth and losing that admiration.....gee that sounds familiar....Peterson, Westerfield......

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybe So For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe So
    I think this guy murdered his daughter in such an awful way that he will never admit that he did it.

People like this guy cannot face telling the truth and having their friends and families find out what they are really like....even after they are caught they like to pretend innocence and show no remorse.

This guy had a lot of people fooled that he was a great guy and he couldn't bear facing the truth and losing that admiration.....gee that sounds familiar....Peterson, Westerfield......
    I think he's got a sociopathic personality. Or at the very least is extremely narcisisitic (sp). He hid behind Christianity. Praying for them! Give me a break. He knew all along where they were. Why can't he let his little girl have peace? Selfish man!

And it does sound familiar to a few recent cases, doesn't it?
    JMHO

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Quincy For This Useful Post:

Blagg is charged/guilty of killing his wife anyway. What's one more murder charge to clear his conscience?

It's interesting watching the video of him. If you saw him on the street, he might impress you with his looks, dress, etc. It would be hard to believe he, like SP, could kill his child.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trino For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe So

i remember this case pretty well. was a motive ever established for why he killed his wife?
    febedallas
    just my opinion ....

20. The Following User Says Thank You to febedallas For This Useful Post:

My recollection of the case is that she was speaking to a divorce lawyer. I guess he had a hard time handling rejection.

You know how it is: if all else fails, kill those who won't cooperate with you. Anybody would do the same, right?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to deb_thang For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deb_thang
    My recollection of the case is that she was speaking to a divorce lawyer. I guess he had a hard time handling rejection.

You know how it is: if all else fails, kill those who won't cooperate with you. Anybody would do the same, right?
    Jennifer was likely planning on leaving him. She wasn't talking to a divorce lawyer as I recall, but there was trouble in paradise. Michael Blagg's little perfect world was not so perfect. He couldn't have her actually leave him so he made sure he would have the last word. Still bugs me so much that Abby has not been found.
    JMHO

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Quincy For This Useful Post:

I always assumed she was also in the landfill, perhaps dumped in a different box. Are you thinking she might be somewhere else?
    Just the facts, Ma'am.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostwheel For This Useful Post:

For Abby Jo

Praying for this little girl and for justice, Lanie

28. The Following User Says Thank You to WasBlind For This Useful Post:

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by WasBlind
    For Abby Jo

Praying for this little girl and for justice, Lanie
    Thank you Lanie. Sweet Abby Jo, where are you??
    JMHO

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Quincy For This Useful Post:

It sickens me to think of a child (or anyone, but especially a child) dumped in a landfill like yesterday's fast food wrapper, or an empty milk carton, just unwanted debris.

Abby, you deserved better, and the one who should have protected you the most, did you the most grievous wrong, I believe.

Not forgotten, Abby, we couldn't keep you from harm, but we can keep your memory alive here on earth.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Texana For This Useful Post:

Today would have been Abby's 9th birthday. Happy Birthday sweet angel wherever you are.
    JMHO

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Quincy For This Useful Post:

Today April 16, 2004 Abby Jo Blagg's father, Michael Francis Blagg was found GUILTY of the 1st degree MURDER of Jennifer Jo Loman Blagg.

There IS justice!!!

Abby, you will never be forgotten! I pray that someday, somehow you will be located wherever you may be.
    JMHO

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Quincy For This Useful Post:

I hope she is found. Thanks for keeping her on our minds.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to MysteryMomma For This Useful Post:

For Abby Jo

Forever in our hearts.

With HOPE, Lanie
    Help For The Missing
    HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

40. The Following User Says Thank You to WasBlind For This Useful Post:

for abby.

I still feel in my heart that Abby is alive. Maybe it's because I can't think of a father murdering his own child with no motive. Abby could very well have been asleep when the murder of her mother occured and the next day, dad could have taken her somewhere - a "friend" he met over the internet maybe??? And told her that the "friend" was her new mommy/daddy??? It is possible. Whenever I think about this little one being dead...i just can't fathom it. Correct me if i'm wrong, but there wasn't any of Abby's blood found in the house?? And i also seem to remember that there were no signs of Abby struggling. Which to me suggests that her dad led her out of the house and away from the area. I do remember a few of the jurors saying that although they convicted him of Jennifer's murder, they weren't sure they would have convicted him of Abby's murder if he had been up for it.
    Abby, I pray you are found soon.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to phylliyum For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by phylliyum
    I still feel in my heart that Abby is alive. Maybe it's because I can't think of a father murdering his own child with no motive.
    Unfortunately, I read about just that happening every day. Besides, if Abby witnessed her mother's murder, Dad had a motive to do her in too.

44. The Following User Says Thank You to meggilyweggily For This Useful Post:

AMF is offline Faith dares the soul to go farther than it can see. (Wm. Clark)
    Being from Colorado, I followed this story through the searchs and trial. I suggest the following scenerio: The father killed the mother in a fit of rage, but unfortunately little Abby saw the whole thing. Self preservation led him to kill his daughter. The hatred he felt for his wife was evident in dumping her body in a dumpster and having it end up in a landfill. But the sorrow and shame he felt for killing his daughter led him to carefully bury her somewhere he felt was special and safe. I'd bet that if they find her, she will have been carefully buried. Self preservation can be cruel to the ultimate. His is classic in my mind.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to AMF For This Useful Post:

Her disappearance is still a mystery...

http://cbs4denver.com/local/local_story_320105342.html

48. The Following User Says Thank You to bykerladi For This Useful Post:

Quoting from the article in the link posted above:

"Investigators tracked bank accounts of Blagg and family members for months after Abby's disappearance and saw no indication of any financial support being provided to someone who could be keeping her alive."

Isn't it possible he paid someone to take care of Abby before he killed her mother. Maybe there is a record of a large amount of money being transferred to another account 8, 6, or 2 months before the murder...... Do you think LE looked at that?

Salem

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast