1258 users online (267 members and 991 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TN - Laresha Walker, 23, Nashville, 19 Nov 1999

Laresha Deana Walker

Description:
    Female/Black, 5'7", 190-200 lbs., black hair, brown eyes, other
    DOB: January 2, 1976
    Tennessee Drivers License #: 79844454
    NCIC#: M900327025

Laresha Walker was last seen on Friday, November 19, 1999, when she dropped off her two-year-old son with her sister, and told her she was leaving in the morning to go to Murfreesboro to get her vehicle appraised. Laresha never returned. One of her sisters went to Laresha's house to check for her on November 20, and found the residence empty, but the lights were on and music was blaring, so she turned the music down. The sister returned again to Laresha's residence the morning of November 21, and found it still empty.

Please contact us if you have any information regarding this individual:
    by e-mail, missing_persons@police.nashville.org
    by phone, (615) 862-7557 or (615) 862-7546
    Nashville Crime Stoppers, (615) 74-CRIME
    by fax, (615) 862-7810
    ~~~I hope I did this right and the pic comes through. This is the cousin of a former co-worker. I told her to ask her family about contacting Dateline recently. Don't know if they have or not. A relative's raising her baby. I think he's 7 y/o now.

I may be wrong but it seems like she had a fast food job. Seems like her cousin doesn't want to open up much about it or I would know more. I begged her to get her family to contact Dateline but, seeing how the media can carry away a story as they want, most times, I can certainly understand their wariness. I will try to ask her more - didn't want to barrage her with too much while pleading them to call NBC.

Thanks!
    Lucky

Laresha Walker missing

Doc,

She did work in the food industry, I confirmed it with her cousin. And thank you so very much for posting the links, that was really thoughtful as the pic I thought I posted did not come through.

LE/connie

you are welcome & I am glad the links helped

Quote Originally Posted by luckyevan93
    Doc,

She did work in the food industry, I confirmed it with her cousin. And thank you so very much for posting the links, that was really thoughtful as the pic I thought I posted did not come through.

LE/connie
    You are welcome for the links. Your own posted link to the pic did not come through because the address you used had a typo in it. There should have been an underscore between the words "get involved" just as there is an underscore in the actual picture filename, laresha_walker.jpg .

The reason I asked what she did for a living is that I wanted to get an idea what her work skills might be in case she was alive and working somewhere else. What sort of jobs would she have been able to apply for? Could she have done office work, cook, waitress, electrician, realestate, etc. When you run a websearch on a name, knowing that info cmight help eliminate false matches.

Still missing

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=11540012

19 Nov 09

A decade after a Nashville woman went missing, there are still little clues as to what happened to the young mother.

Laresha Walker has not been seen or heard from since the evening of November 18, 1999. The 23-year-old dropped off her then 2-year-old son Rayvon at her sister's home.

She told her family she was heading to Murfreesboro the next morning to get her maroon 1988 Oldsmobile Achieva checked out.

That night, a neighbor reported hearing Walker argue with someone outside her townhome, which was in a neighborhood off Ben Allen Road. The next day, Walker never came back for her son.

more at link
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...r_laresha.html

Bumping for Deana.
    On August 6, 2012, mother of two Tamala Wells drove away from her home in Detroit. She has not been seen or heard from since she made her last phone call at 11:45 pm. Her car was recovered three days later, 20 minutes away from her home. Friends and family members are baffled.

Consider featuring a missing person in your signature - a simple act that could get the right pair of eyes on the case.

Laresha has been missing for 17 years now. Her mother is also missing; was last seen on October 5, 2016.

http://wkrn.com/2016/11/17/grandmoth...er-disappears/

Walker’s family told News 2 there was no indication she was having problems with anyone in her personal life or at work. As far as they knew, she wasn’t dating anyone at the time she disappeared either.

She was supposed to take her car to Smyrna to get a mechanical repair estimate, but her car was also missing from her home and has never been recovered.

According to Metro police, Walker was likely the victim of abduction.

“I believe that is what happened. They went in there and took her because the way her home looked one second before she was kidnapped is the way it was the way police found it,” retired Det. Sgt. Pat Postiglione said. “All indications are she was a good mother and would not have left her son.”

Walker’s sisters said she was a private person and they did not know everyone she hung out with, but they were certain she would not put herself in a dangerous situation.
    Her mom's thread:

TN - Wanda Faye Walker, 60, Nashville, 5 October 2016

Wow...how much can one family take? My heart goes out to them. Makes me want to cry.