Reaction score
Laresha Deana Walker
laresha_walker.jpg

Description:
Female/Black, 5'7", 190-200 lbs., black hair, brown eyes, other
DOB: January 2, 1976
Tennessee Drivers License #: 79844454
NCIC#: M900327025

Laresha Walker was last seen on Friday, November 19, 1999, when she dropped off her two-year-old son with her sister, and told her she was leaving in the morning to go to Murfreesboro to get her vehicle appraised. Laresha never returned. One of her sisters went to Laresha's house to check for her on November 20, and found the residence empty, but the lights were on and music was blaring, so she turned the music down. The sister returned again to Laresha's residence the morning of November 21, and found it still empty.

Please contact us if you have any information regarding this individual:
by e-mail, missing_persons@police.nashville.org
by phone, (615) 862-7557 or (615) 862-7546
Nashville Crime Stoppers, (615) 74-CRIME
by fax, (615) 862-7810​
~~~I hope I did this right and the pic comes through. This is the cousin of a former co-worker. I told her to ask her family about contacting Dateline recently. Don't know if they have or not. A relative's raising her baby. I think he's 7 y/o now.​

I may be wrong but it seems like she had a fast food job. Seems like her cousin doesn't want to open up much about it or I would know more. I begged her to get her family to contact Dateline but, seeing how the media can carry away a story as they want, most times, I can certainly understand their wariness. I will try to ask her more - didn't want to barrage her with too much while pleading them to call NBC.

Thanks!
Lucky

luckyevan93 said:
Doc,

She did work in the food industry, I confirmed it with her cousin. And thank you so very much for posting the links, that was really thoughtful as the pic I thought I posted did not come through.

LE/connie
You are welcome for the links. Your own posted link to the pic did not come through because the address you used had a typo in it. There should have been an underscore between the words "get involved" just as there is an underscore in the actual picture filename, laresha_walker.jpg .

The reason I asked what she did for a living is that I wanted to get an idea what her work skills might be in case she was alive and working somewhere else. What sort of jobs would she have been able to apply for? Could she have done office work, cook, waitress, electrician, realestate, etc. When you run a websearch on a name, knowing that info cmight help eliminate false matches.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=11540012

19 Nov 09

A decade after a Nashville woman went missing, there are still little clues as to what happened to the young mother.

Laresha Walker has not been seen or heard from since the evening of November 18, 1999. The 23-year-old dropped off her then 2-year-old son Rayvon at her sister's home.

She told her family she was heading to Murfreesboro the next morning to get her maroon 1988 Oldsmobile Achieva checked out.

That night, a neighbor reported hearing Walker argue with someone outside her townhome, which was in a neighborhood off Ben Allen Road. The next day, Walker never came back for her son.

more at link

Laresha has been missing for 17 years now. Her mother is also missing; was last seen on October 5, 2016.

http://wkrn.com/2016/11/17/grandmother-goes-missing-17-years-after-daughter-disappears/

Walker’s family told News 2 there was no indication she was having problems with anyone in her personal life or at work. As far as they knew, she wasn’t dating anyone at the time she disappeared either.

She was supposed to take her car to Smyrna to get a mechanical repair estimate, but her car was also missing from her home and has never been recovered.

According to Metro police, Walker was likely the victim of abduction.

“I believe that is what happened. They went in there and took her because the way her home looked one second before she was kidnapped is the way it was the way police found it,” retired Det. Sgt. Pat Postiglione said. “All indications are she was a good mother and would not have left her son.”

Walker’s sisters said she was a private person and they did not know everyone she hung out with, but they were certain she would not put herself in a dangerous situation.

Her mom's thread:

TN - Wanda Faye Walker, 60, Nashville, 5 October 2016

walker_laresha3.jpg
walker_laresha.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Twenty years after a Nashville mother mysteriously vanished, her family is still holding out hope answers come soon.

“I feel a lot of pain,” said Lakesha Chambers, whose sister Laresha Deana Walker is missing, “Just the whole not knowing, I think that is the hardest part.”

Deana Walker was last seen on November 19, 1999. She dropped off her two-year-old son with Chambers, and said she was going to Murfreesboro to get her car appraised. She never returned.

Family waits for answers 20 years after Nashville mother disappeared

Just thinking here and I haven't seen anything about her car being found I wonder where it could be after all these years? Normally if there is a missing vehicle it is found within days of the report but this has been years and nothing has turned up.

Just thinking here and I haven't seen anything about her car being found I wonder where it could be after all these years? Normally if there is a missing vehicle it is found within days of the report but this has been years and nothing has turned up.
Her car was found a few days after she went missing according to this article:

Family waits for answers 20 years after Nashville mother disappeared

Wanda Faye Walker, Chamber’s mother, disappeared on October 5, 2016. She was last seen at her home on 11th Avenue South in Nashville. She didn’t show up for work that day at the Dollar Tree store on Franklin Pike. A few days later, her Nissan Maxima was found locked outside a home on Wade Avenue.

Laresha Walker was last seen on Friday, November 19, 1999, when she dropped off her 2-year-old son at her sister’s home in Nashville.

Walker told her sister she planned to leave in the morning to get a mechanical repair estimate at a shop in Murfreesboro. However, Walker never returned.

One of her sisters went to Walker’s house to check for her after she failed to contact her family the following day. According to police, the residence was empty, but the lights were on, and music was playing loudly.

Her sister turned down the volume and left. She came back to Walker’s residence the morning of November 21 and it was still empty. Walker’s car, a Maroon 1995 Oldsmobile Achieva, was also missing from her home and has never been recovered.

According to Metro police, Walker was likely the victim of an abduction. Walker’s own mother also disappeared in 2016 after not reporting for work at the Dollar Tree on Franklin Pike.

• walker_laresha.jpg
  • laresha_deana_walker_2.jpg

• laresha_deana_walker_3.jpg
  • laresha_deana_walker_4.jpg
  • laresha_deana_walker_5.jpg
Laresha, circa 1999
  • Missing Since 11/19/1999
  • Missing From Nashville, Tennessee
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 01/02/1976 (47)
  • Age 23 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 190 - 200 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Walker has been diagnosed with a heart condition and is required to take medication. She did not have her prescription with her at the time of her November 1999 disappearance.

• Associated Vehicle(s) Maroon 1995 Oldsmobile Achieva with the Tennessee license plate number 419-ABG and a long scratch on the driver's side

• Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Laresha goes by her middle name, Deana. One of her upper front teeth is capped or trimmed in gold and inscribed with the letter "D." Laresha's ears are pierced. She has a surgical scar on the left side of her chest as the result of a heart operation. Some agencies may spell Laresha's first name "LaResha" and her middle name "Dana."

Details of Disappearance​

<<The clothes Laresha wore on the day of her disappearance were discovered inside of her residence. Her maroon 1995 Oldsmobile Achieva with the Tennessee license plate number 419-ABG has never been recovered. The vehicle had a long scratch on the driver's side. A photo of it is posted with this case summary.

Laresha was employed at Peterbilt Motors Company in Nashville in 1999. Her family said she found the job through a temporary agency, the Nashville Career Advancement Center. Laresha is described as a responsible person who was very protective of her son. Her family stated she was a private person and they didn't know all her friends, but they don't believe she would have left without sharing her plans.>>

Investigating Agency​

• Metro Nashville Police Department
  • 615-862-7557
  • 615-862-7546
  • 615-742-7463

Source Information​

Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 26, 2021; two pictures added

Nov 19, 2023 - fair lengthy article -

[…]

Different rumors of what could have happened to Laresha have swirled over the years, but Patton said there’s never been anything “concrete.” Police believe Laresha was likely abducted, and her family thinks it may have been by someone she knew.

[…]

Almost unimaginably, the Walker family was hit with another tragedy in October 2016 when Laresha’s own mother, Wanda, also went missing after not reporting for work at the Dollar Tree on Franklin Pike.

[…]

…. Anyone with information on Laresha or Wanda’s whereabouts is asked to contact the MNPD at 615-862-8600 or Crime Stoppers at 615-742-CRIME (615-742-7463). Callers may be eligible for a reward.

[…]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back