IN - Mom cracked baby's skull

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Cops: Mom cracked baby's skull

SALEM, Ind. -- A woman told police she squeezed her 2-month-old son's head until she heard his skull crack because he wouldn't stop crying, prosecutors said.

Lacey Edwards, 21, faces felony charges of battery and neglect of a dependent for the injuries her son suffered on Feb. 24. She was being held on $50,000 cash bond Thursday night in the Washington County Jail in Salem, about 30 miles north of Louisville, Ky.

What a *itch! In my home a crying baby is an excuse to put off the housework & cuddle for a while. Granted she has her hands full with 3 kids under 11 months, but how absolutely cruel to squeeze your baby's head till it cracks! This sure isn't a case of losing your patience because she did it twice!!

What in the world is wrong with people?????? This s*it makes me sick to my stomach! What a complete and utter b*tch! :furious: :furious: :furious:

Marie said:
Cops: Mom cracked baby's skull

SALEM, Ind. -- A woman told police she squeezed her 2-month-old son's head until she heard his skull crack because he wouldn't stop crying, prosecutors said.

Lacey Edwards, 21, faces felony charges of battery and neglect of a dependent for the injuries her son suffered on Feb. 24. She was being held on $50,000 cash bond Thursday night in the Washington County Jail in Salem, about 30 miles north of Louisville, Ky.

What a *itch! In my home a crying baby is an excuse to put off the housework & cuddle for a while. Granted she has her hands full with 3 kids under 11 months, but how absolutely cruel to squeeze your baby's head till it cracks! This sure isn't a case of losing your patience because she did it twice!!
I'd like to squeeze her head. What she did only made that poor baby cry harder from being in pain. Where is her common sense. What a sick !

I can't begin to describe how angry this makes me! And I'm sure what I'm about to say next will anger some: the first step when dealing with someone like this should be sterilization. Next she should be strapped to a table and a vice applied to her head. Require that she tells you when it first begins to hurt...then keep tightening the vice.....

I know...:furious: this makes me so sick. My stomach is turning at the thought. My kids can scream and drive me crazy and i could never even imagine someone doing something like this. I mean wth:banghead:

My gosh, it just sickens me to read this stuff! It definitely doesn't take maturity to make a baby. A mature mom would take a deep breath, count to ten, and get a grip on the situation. A crying baby isn't going to stop crying by abusing him, especially cracking his skull.

Any info on how the baby is doing?

Well honestly, WTF was she doing having that many kids when she could have kept her legs closed!!!! I didn't see any mention of a father in the house...were these kids her free ticket to welfare? :furious: MANDATORY STERLIZATION:furious:

bakerprune64 said:
Well honestly, WTF was she doing having that many kids when she could have kept her legs closed!!!! I didn't see any mention of a father in the house...were these kids her free ticket to welfare? :furious: MANDATORY STERLIZATION:furious:
It says in the news article that the husband was at work, so there is a father in the house. However, I agree, she should be set on a gurney and a vice put to her head until she screams, and then the vice tightened. JMO.

Today's article is here.

Baby Michael is in a foster home - 'mom' said she knew he could die but she squeezed his head again and didn't call for help :mad: 20 years isn't enough for her!

Marie said:
Today's article is here.

Baby Michael is in a foster home - 'mom' said she knew he could die but she squeezed his head again and didn't call for help :mad: 20 years isn't enough for her!
Thank God somebody noticed his injuries before it was too late. I agree, 20 years isn't enough for her. She'll still be young enough to have more babies.

This woman deserves sterilization... Thank God for the visiting nurse!! I hope this little baby is able to fully recover and that his mother never has custody of him (or his siblings) again.

It says in the news article that the husband was at work, so there is a father in the house. However, I agree, she should be set on a gurney and a vice put to her head until she screams, and then the vice tightened. JMO.
Agree!:razz:

I hope there is some mental illness behind this. I don't want to believe that a mom could hurt a baby like that on purpose.

newkid said:
I hope there is some mental illness behind this. I don't want to believe that a mom could hurt a baby like that on purpose.
If there is mental illness behind it, she may be allowed to live. This woman has no right to live another day.

ok, so the mom did this at home and where does the nurse come into this? How many kids does this girl have? Thats just horrible, but she will never live this down and thats what she needs for the rest of her life. So the baby did not die , right?

hotmomma35 said:
ok, so the mom did this at home and where does the nurse come into this? How many kids does this girl have? Thats just horrible, but she will never live this down and thats what she needs for the rest of her life. So the baby did not die , right?
No the baby didn't die, he's recovering in foster care. I wouldn't be suprised if he suffers permanent damage though. Nurses often visit new mothers - we have such a program where I live, it's voluntary on the part of the parents. The nurses check up on the baby and how the parents are doing - sort of like a support system. This is becoming more common as more women check out of hospital's less than a day after giving birth. I imagine that since this baby was a twin they might have been premature and that's why the nurse was still visiting.

April 07, 2009 1:47 AM
By AUBREY WOODS

A 25-year-old Campbellsburg woman accused of battering her 3-year-old child - for the second time within two years - was arrested Monday afternoon, police say.

snip

During an examination of the child, doctors reported noticing suspicious injuries including an unexplained right upper arm fracture and multiple facial and head contusions, according to the probable cause affidavit.

Stewart began an investigation that eventually led to the arrest of Edwards, who was convicted of battery on Feb. 15, 2007. That conviction stemmed from a case in which the same child, who was then 2 months old, suffered a skull fracture inflicted by Edwards.

BBM - More at link:
http://www.tribtown.com/news/child-13803-edwards-county.html

Note: Apparently CPS gave the boy back to her after she fractured his skull. I have been unable to find any sentencing information for the first conviction, so possibly she only got probation, so that she could do it again. Nice.

Lacey A. Edwards

Sentence Date: 04/23/2009

Offense: Battery
Sentence: 4 years

Offense: Battery
Sentence: 6 years

These are consecutive sentences, but Indiana always gives half-time.

Earliest Release Date: 04/05/2014

It appears she is up for parole on 04/05/2014 according to the Indiana inmate locator info. At least for now she is behind bars.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back