812 users online (107 members and 705 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

IN - Mom cracked baby's skull

Cops: Mom cracked baby's skull

SALEM, Ind. -- A woman told police she squeezed her 2-month-old son's head until she heard his skull crack because he wouldn't stop crying, prosecutors said.

Lacey Edwards, 21, faces felony charges of battery and neglect of a dependent for the injuries her son suffered on Feb. 24. She was being held on $50,000 cash bond Thursday night in the Washington County Jail in Salem, about 30 miles north of Louisville, Ky.

What a *itch! In my home a crying baby is an excuse to put off the housework & cuddle for a while. Granted she has her hands full with 3 kids under 11 months, but how absolutely cruel to squeeze your baby's head till it cracks! This sure isn't a case of losing your patience because she did it twice!!

What in the world is wrong with people?????? This s*it makes me sick to my stomach! What a complete and utter b*tch!
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    ~ Albert Einstein ~

Valinda is offline "Each of us is different...expect it, respect it, and accept it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    Cops: Mom cracked baby's skull

SALEM, Ind. -- A woman told police she squeezed her 2-month-old son's head until she heard his skull crack because he wouldn't stop crying, prosecutors said.

Lacey Edwards, 21, faces felony charges of battery and neglect of a dependent for the injuries her son suffered on Feb. 24. She was being held on $50,000 cash bond Thursday night in the Washington County Jail in Salem, about 30 miles north of Louisville, Ky.

What a *itch! In my home a crying baby is an excuse to put off the housework & cuddle for a while. Granted she has her hands full with 3 kids under 11 months, but how absolutely cruel to squeeze your baby's head till it cracks! This sure isn't a case of losing your patience because she did it twice!!
    I'd like to squeeze her head. What she did only made that poor baby cry harder from being in pain. Where is her common sense. What a sick *****!

Can i crack her skull? With a post hole digger!

I can't begin to describe how angry this makes me! And I'm sure what I'm about to say next will anger some: the first step when dealing with someone like this should be sterilization. Next she should be strapped to a table and a vice applied to her head. Require that she tells you when it first begins to hurt...then keep tightening the vice.....

I know... this makes me so sick. My stomach is turning at the thought. My kids can scream and drive me crazy and i could never even imagine someone doing something like this. I mean wth

My gosh, it just sickens me to read this stuff! It definitely doesn't take maturity to make a baby. A mature mom would take a deep breath, count to ten, and get a grip on the situation. A crying baby isn't going to stop crying by abusing him, especially cracking his skull.

Any info on how the baby is doing?

Well honestly, WTF was she doing having that many kids when she could have kept her legs closed!!!! I didn't see any mention of a father in the house...were these kids her free ticket to welfare? MANDATORY STERLIZATION

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    Well honestly, WTF was she doing having that many kids when she could have kept her legs closed!!!! I didn't see any mention of a father in the house...were these kids her free ticket to welfare? MANDATORY STERLIZATION
    It says in the news article that the husband was at work, so there is a father in the house. However, I agree, she should be set on a gurney and a vice put to her head until she screams, and then the vice tightened. JMO.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    ~ Albert Einstein ~

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Today's article is here.

Baby Michael is in a foster home - 'mom' said she knew he could die but she squeezed his head again and didn't call for help 20 years isn't enough for her!

Valinda is offline "Each of us is different...expect it, respect it, and accept it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    Today's article is here.

Baby Michael is in a foster home - 'mom' said she knew he could die but she squeezed his head again and didn't call for help 20 years isn't enough for her!
    Thank God somebody noticed his injuries before it was too late. I agree, 20 years isn't enough for her. She'll still be young enough to have more babies.
    Last edited by Valinda; 03-05-2006 at 12:27 AM.

This woman deserves sterilization... Thank God for the visiting nurse!! I hope this little baby is able to fully recover and that his mother never has custody of him (or his siblings) again.

It says in the news article that the husband was at work, so there is a father in the house. However, I agree, she should be set on a gurney and a vice put to her head until she screams, and then the vice tightened. JMO.
    Agree!

I hope there is some mental illness behind this. I don't want to believe that a mom could hurt a baby like that on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by newkid
    I hope there is some mental illness behind this. I don't want to believe that a mom could hurt a baby like that on purpose.
    If there is mental illness behind it, she may be allowed to live. This woman has no right to live another day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast