1090 users online (244 members and 846 guests)  

Websleuths News

GA - Donnie 'Van' Streat, 27, Waycross, 15 Feb 2006

From Crime Library

Authorities Continue Search for Missing Georgia Man

setSize(curSize);

By Seamus McGraw March 3, 2006

on error resume next plugin = ( IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFla sh.3")))if ( plugin Donnie Lavan "Van" Streat Jr.

Nothing in their investigation so far as indicated that the young man would simply vanish on his own, Foskey said. "There's nothing to make us believe that," Foskey said echoing published reports that have suggested that 5-foot-10, 175 pound Streat was planning to become engaged to his long time girlfriend and was generally happy.
    By the same token, however, authorities have found nothing so far to indicate that the strapping young man may have been the victim of foul play.

"At this point, we have nothing that points to foul play," he said. In short, all they have is pickup truck parked at the edge of wetlands, a missing young man and a mystery, the sheriff said.

Authorities and volunteers have conducted several searches of the local marshes, and another was planned for this morning, Foskey said. "I'm going out there this morning, we have a searched planned, and we've got about 100 people," ready to wade through the shallow marshlands looking for clues, he said. Authorities are widening the search area, he said. "We're going to concentrate on a little different area than we have been."

-----------------------------------------

Ok. Either something is wrong with the water in GA, or the GBI is inept. Have you noticed how many people have gone missing from GA recently?

Quote Originally Posted by bykerladi
    From Crime Library

Authorities Continue Search for Missing Georgia Man

setSize(curSize);

By Seamus McGraw March 3, 2006

on error resume next plugin = ( IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFla sh.3")))if ( plugin Donnie Lavan "Van" Streat Jr.

Nothing in their investigation so far as indicated that the young man would simply vanish on his own, Foskey said. "There's nothing to make us believe that," Foskey said echoing published reports that have suggested that 5-foot-10, 175 pound Streat was planning to become engaged to his long time girlfriend and was generally happy.
    By the same token, however, authorities have found nothing so far to indicate that the strapping young man may have been the victim of foul play.

"At this point, we have nothing that points to foul play," he said. In short, all they have is pickup truck parked at the edge of wetlands, a missing young man and a mystery, the sheriff said.

Authorities and volunteers have conducted several searches of the local marshes, and another was planned for this morning, Foskey said. "I'm going out there this morning, we have a searched planned, and we've got about 100 people," ready to wade through the shallow marshlands looking for clues, he said. Authorities are widening the search area, he said. "We're going to concentrate on a little different area than we have been."

-----------------------------------------

Ok. Either something is wrong with the water in GA, or the GBI is inept. Have you noticed how many people have gone missing from GA recently?

Yes, actually I have. There is Tara Grinstead which I believe is a very solvable case. And several others that I think are predictable too. I also live in the metro Atlanta area.We are also having an inordinate amount of home invasions. One next door to me and one that will probably happen in my daughter's hood. Someone saw a Camry at 10:30 last night....doesn't belong there. Very isolated enclave. I am in a gated community and the home invasion next door was a gated community.

From March 2006:

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/st...l#.VfJTVLT8FWY

Searchers acting on a tip Thursday found a partially submerged body thought to be that of 27-year-old Donnie Lavan "Van" Streat Jr., a former legislator's son who has been missing since Feb. 15, authorities said.

The body was found in about 20 inches of water and about 400 yards from where Streat's pickup truck was found Feb. 17 in a washout on Pole Yard Road in northeast Ware County...

No obvious signs of foul play were observed...
    The body was soon confirmed to be Van's:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=15845802