1159 users online (158 members and 1001 guests)  

Websleuths News

Army to Launch Probe Into Tillman Death

WASHINGTON - The Army said Saturday it will launch a criminal investigation into the April 2004 death of Pat Tillman, the former professional football player who was shot to death by fellow soldiers in Afghanistan in what previous Army reviews had concluded was an accidental shooting.

Col. Joseph Curtin, an Army spokesman, said the Defense Department office of inspector general had reviewed the matter at the Army's request and concluded that a criminal probe was warranted.

link to article
    Freethought is a philosophy not a policy-
    "The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."

a terrible tragedy for all involved, especially his family.

I heard on the news that Pat's family said that a couple days after his death his uniform was burned up. Now why would anyone burn his uniform? I'm glad that they are going to investigate Pat's death. His family have always said that something was being hidden.

Horribly sad.

we hear that, Martha

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    a terrible tragedy for all involved, especially his family.
    I doubt any result of the inquiry will assuage the feelings of the Tillman's, but I salute them for endeavouring to persevere in their quest for the truth...in this day and age where the truth isn't welcomed in some quarters and truth seekers risk being stoned.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoReiter
    I doubt any result of the inquiry will assuage the feelings of the Tillman's, but I salute them for endeavouring to persevere in their quest for the truth...in this day and age where the truth isn't welcomed in some quarters and truth seekers risk being stoned.
    Yes.

This is just a question so please for the love of God don't jump down my throat. I was wondering since this is going to be the 5th formal investigation into the death of Pat Tillman, if the family doesnt get the answers they want to hear are they going to go for another investigation or just accept it as it is? Just a question...

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie
    This is just a question so please for the love of God don't jump down my throat. I was wondering since this is going to be the 5th formal investigation into the death of Pat Tillman, if the family doesnt get the answers they want to hear are they going to go for another investigation or just accept it as it is? Just a question...
    It is my understanding that this is a criminal investigation, rather than an investigation into what happened. More of a "was a crime committed?" versus a "how did this happen?".
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Thanks jwf22...just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by ljwf22
    It is my understanding that this is a criminal investigation, rather than an investigation into what happened. More of a "was a crime committed?" versus a "how did this happen?".