Army to Launch Probe Into Tillman Death

indigomood

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WASHINGTON - The Army said Saturday it will launch a criminal investigation into the April 2004 death of Pat Tillman, the former professional football player who was shot to death by fellow soldiers in Afghanistan in what previous Army reviews had concluded was an accidental shooting.

Col. Joseph Curtin, an Army spokesman, said the Defense Department office of inspector general had reviewed the matter at the Army's request and concluded that a criminal probe was warranted.

link to article

I heard on the news that Pat's family said that a couple days after his death his uniform was burned up. Now why would anyone burn his uniform? I'm glad that they are going to investigate Pat's death. His family have always said that something was being hidden.

Marthatex said:
a terrible tragedy for all involved, especially his family.
I doubt any result of the inquiry will assuage the feelings of the Tillman's, but I salute them for endeavouring to persevere in their quest for the truth...in this day and age where the truth isn't welcomed in some quarters and truth seekers risk being stoned.

GonzoReiter said:
I doubt any result of the inquiry will assuage the feelings of the Tillman's, but I salute them for endeavouring to persevere in their quest for the truth...in this day and age where the truth isn't welcomed in some quarters and truth seekers risk being stoned.

Yes. :eek: :eek:

This is just a question so please for the love of God don't jump down my throat. I was wondering since this is going to be the 5th formal investigation into the death of Pat Tillman, if the family doesnt get the answers they want to hear are they going to go for another investigation or just accept it as it is? Just a question...

Mygirlsadie said:
This is just a question so please for the love of God don't jump down my throat. I was wondering since this is going to be the 5th formal investigation into the death of Pat Tillman, if the family doesnt get the answers they want to hear are they going to go for another investigation or just accept it as it is? Just a question...
It is my understanding that this is a criminal investigation, rather than an investigation into what happened. More of a "was a crime committed?" versus a "how did this happen?".

Thanks jwf22...just wondering.

ljwf22 said:
It is my understanding that this is a criminal investigation, rather than an investigation into what happened. More of a "was a crime committed?" versus a "how did this happen?".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back