GUILTY Italy - Tommaso Onofri, 17 mos, Casalbaroncolo, 2 March 2006

blueclouds

Former member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/03/06/italy.kidnapping.reut/index.html

"Paolo and Paola Onofri say they were eating dinner at home with Tommaso and his eight-year-old brother Sebastiano when the light went out.

When Paolo went outside to investigate he was forced back into the house by two masked men armed with a knife and what his wife told police appeared to have been a toy gun.

She gave the intruders 150 euros ($180) but instead of searching the house for a bigger bounty, they bound and gagged the family, took the screaming Tommaso from his highchair and fled."

This is in Italy so I wonder if LE has considered the kidnapping ploy like we see here when the parents are responsible. I'd like to believe them but their story is fishy for one thing, no ransom demand or other known motive so far. Having an epileptic baby much more trying than raising a healthy baby and look how often we see a missing or kidnap used here to explain a child's disappearance only to learn later the parents killed the child. I really hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: abr
Hopefully interviewing the 8-year-old brother will help to determine whether things happened as the parents say.

Cypros said:
Hopefully interviewing the 8-year-old brother will help to determine whether things happened as the parents say.
according to the articles that's what they've done already and LE states it coincides with the version from the parents So it sounds like they were smart enough to take the child alone to interview to make certain. Poor baby. I think the child might have died already. Especially with having a fever too. I'm thinking it was a kidnapping for ransom gone terribly wrong (ie: lindenberg style).

Poor little guy.

If they didn't know the baby was epileptic that could explain where they ran into trouble and didn't follow through on a ransom demand but that might also mean that the baby is dead. The mother sounded sincere in the report but that isn't much to go on.

I am the parent of an epileptic child. This story chills me to the bone, and then some. Having a fever and lack of meds is a recipe for disaster. Add fear and this poor kid is in big trouble. Those poor parents, my heart breaks for them.

Ok the family thought it was a toy gun??

SO why not fight back?
I am not condemning them here but by all accounts the gun was a toy and I don't understand why ... if you think the gun is fake ... you still permit someone to tie you up?

Reactions: abr
Amraann said:
Ok the family thought it was a toy gun??

SO why not fight back?
I am not condemning them here but by all accounts the gun was a toy and I don't understand why ... if you think the gun is fake ... you still permit someone to tie you up?
thinking isn't knowing and maybe they were just to afraid to chance it.

mjak

I can't find the link right off hand, but I read earlier that the child was killed within half an hour of his abduction.

That poor little baby. It just breaks my heart when anyone hurts a child.
God bless him.

Oh, I found it: http://urlsnip.com/171237
"The reports said the kidnappers, with the child between them on the seat of a motorbike, fell over as they rushed from the boy's house. When the toddler started crying, they tried to strangle him, then hit his head with a shovel until he went silent, newspapers quoted investigators as saying."

There should be no mercy for these *advertiser censored**holes, none. Beat the baby with a shovel? I think they deserve like treatment and then some.

Actually, I wonder if the family described the gun as having an orange or red tip, and the cops then concluded it wasn't real. The mom maybe didn't know that red or orange tip on a gun means it is a toy.

So sad.

Oh my gosh - this poor baby!! I hope the SOB's suffer for the rest of their days!!

Father of slain Italian toddler says it will be hard to forgive killers April 3, 2006

Snips:

For a month, Italians had hoped for the safe return of curly haired Tommaso, snatched from his home near the northern city of Parma on March 2. His body was discovered late Saturday.

Two men and a woman have been taken into custody. The men - one of whom is a construction worker who helped remodel the house of the boy's family - are accused of murder, the Apcom news agency reported. The woman is accused of complicity in the kidnapping.

Prosecutors confirmed that two of the three suspects are accused of murder but declined to name them. Italian news agencies reported that investigators had identified a fourth person suspected of aiding and abetting the crimes but he was not taken into custody.

State radio has said that the kidnappers had planned to demand about $1.2 million in ransom. The boy's father managed the local post office and many Italians keep savings accounts at the post office. (More at Link)

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0403ItalyToddlerSlain03-ON.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back