Help!!!!!

BeeBee

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.
Ok, I have tried it alll!!! I have Road Runner and it started running slow. So, I started doing different things. I cleared cookies, I defraged, I bought Norton and did everything there was to do . I've tried so many things and nothing helps. It still runs slow. And now, on top of things, ever since I bought Norton, I have all these pop ups I never had before. It takes forever for my email to pop up for me. What can I do next? Anyone know??

BeeBee,
I am not a computer expert, but I stayed at a holiday inn last nite :waitasec:
Try this sight and down load the spybot program. I hope it helps
Kim Komando Site

BeeBee, in my experience Norton is not a good program. It will lock your computer up and eventually there will be no updates for it. Once you cannot update it willstart crashing and cause major problems with your system so you will end up having to reformat you hard drive. For antivirus I use AVG free--excellent program, catches things Norton misses, and it updates daily. You can get the program at http://www.grisoft.com/doc/289/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

I noticed that when I bought Norton I started getting all these advertisements popping up. They drive me nuts. If I download this, should I delete the Norton? Man, I've wasted so much money on things for this stupid computer! :rolleyes:

Yep, smarts the word! I deleted the Norton and downloded what Animal suggested and my computers running better already. :dance:

BeeBee said:
Ok, I have tried it alll!!! I have Road Runner and it started running slow. So, I started doing different things. I cleared cookies, I defraged, I bought Norton and did everything there was to do . I've tried so many things and nothing helps. It still runs slow. And now, on top of things, ever since I bought Norton, I have all these pop ups I never had before. It takes forever for my email to pop up for me. What can I do next? Anyone know??
Hiya, don't know how I missed this post...if you don't mind I'd like to add my :twocents:

Get (download) HiJack This V1.99.1 from here http://thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

double click the Download file and click unzip-- letting it extract to its default folder (just follow instructions and let it place it were it automatically wants to here C:\Program FIles\HiJackThis)

Go to Start, My computer, click on your C drive, then click on Program files, then find the folder called HiJack This, in that folder is a dyamite looking icon, double click that and choose "do system scan and save file"....a file with open in notepad.

Choose Edit, then select all, then copy......go to www.techsupportguy.org ...register so you can post, it's free, go to the forum called SECURITY....start a thread and name it "Please hijack this log"....

let them know a quick summary of the problems you are having with computer, running slow, you recently installed Norton, yada yada. Then paste your log from Hijack This there.

Also, be sure to let them know your computer experience......if you are beginner they will give more thorough instructions, if you know your way around the hard drive they will talk more techie to ya. So, if you need step by steps, just say "I am not experienced in computers, please be easy on me, or something"

I used to do all this for people but I got to bogged down and these people are great so now I send everyone there.....you will be amazed at what they find and fix and how much better your computer will run.

Let me know if you need any help and let me know if you decide follow through on the above and how it all turns out :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back