1157 users online (242 members and 915 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC - Mohammed Taheri-azar ran over 9 people on UNC campus, Chapel Hill, 2006

Man accused of running down students appears in court

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - A University of North Carolina graduate from Iran, accused of running down nine people on campus to avenge the treatment of Muslims, said at a hearing Monday that he was "thankful for the opportunity to spread the will of Allah."

Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar was accused of driving a sport utility vehicle through The Pit, a popular campus gathering spot, injuring nine people Friday. None of the victims was seriously hurt.

Police Chief Derek Poarch said Taheri-azar told investigators he intentionally hit people to "avenge the deaths of Muslims around the world."

More: http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=83875
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Well that's just great idiot, you just did.

He's going to be a real popular guy in that North Carolina jail.

I wonder when they'll agree with the perp that he's a terrorist????

Apparently he loathed the USA so much he felt the need to be educated here. And I notice that he waited until after he graduated to go on his spree. I guess he didn't want to endanger his earnings potetnial by not graduating!

These are the types of loonies that Al-Queda is more than eager to snap up and utilize for their own ends.

Edited to ad: Why are we allowing people from these countries to attend school over here in the first place?

OK, so he has confessed, and there is no need of a trial, and he can just be sentenced to a long stretch, in a tough NC prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    OK, so he has confessed, and there is no need of a trial, and he can just be sentenced to a long stretch, in a tough NC prison.

LOL Wouldn't that be something???

What a *7^%$%^ !

This nutcase is no better than the guys who set off bombs in the name of Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by bbmcrae
    and who exactly is setting off bombs in the name of Jesus? I think I might have missed this one. Link please!

Yes please, a link or something. I never heard of this either.

I meant the cases of abortion clinic bombings and doctor shootings:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9801/29/bombing.update/index.html

But I don't mean to lessen what this creep did , or that it's the latest example of an Islamic fanatic using faith as an excuse to kill. There have definitely been a lot more Muslim fanatics throwing bombs worldwide than Christian fanatics blowing up clinics.

It just hit me when I read the article how similar the case was to the extremists who burn and kill in the name of the Lord. Or when any fanatic loses sight of their humanity and starts "smiting" their enemies.

Anyway, I think I phrased it rather mysteriously when I first posted and I hope I didn't offend. Apologies if I did.

bbm,
    i agree, they are both bad-- but apparently this type of homicidal religious psychosis appears to be far more culturally acceptable in the muslim world.

I meant the cases of abortion clinic bombings and doctor shootings:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9801/29/bombing.update/index.html

But I don't mean to lessen what this creep did , or that it's the latest example of an Islamic fanatic using faith as an excuse to kill. There have definitely been a lot more Muslim fanatics throwing bombs worldwide than Christian fanatics blowing up clinics.

It just hit me when I read the article how similar the case was to the extremists who burn and kill in the name of the Lord. Or when any fanatic loses sight of their humanity and starts "smiting" their enemies.

Anyway, I think I phrased it rather mysteriously when I first posted and I hope I didn't offend. Apologies if I did.
    Once religion gets into something, you can kiss rational thought goodbye.

Reb-agreed. It is sad that there is so much extreme violence in the Muslim world. In a million years, I will never understand how one's faith-the thing that is supposed to bring you peace- would lead someone to take a human life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast