Bennett back on JonBenet Case

tipper

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4519110,00.html
Longtime Ramsey investigator to return
STORY TOOLS
Email this story | Print
By Charlie Brennan, Rocky Mountain News
March 6, 2006
The JonBenet Ramsey investigation will be in new hands later this month -- but those hands are connected to a familiar face.

Boulder District Attorney's chief investigator Jim Kolar is leaving his post March 24, to go back to the southwestern Colorado resort town of Telluride. He will assume the job of chief marshal, a position he held previously from 1993 to 2004.

Kolar will be replaced in Boulder by former Boulder District Attorney's investigator Tom Bennett, whose duties will include pursuing all leads into the unsolved Christmas night 1996 slaying of 6-year-old JonBenet.

Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy on Monday confirmed Kolar's imminent departure.

"They made him an offer he couldn't refuse," Lacy said, referring to Kolar's return to Telluride. "But it was quite a save (because) Tom Bennett is coming back. We're very pleased about that."

Lacy said she believes Bennett's first day back on her staff will be March 24 or soon thereafter.
[...]

capps said:
Thanks for the info Tipper!

I don't know how to feel about Bennett coming back. After reading the link below in 2003,he made it seem like it was unsolvable even before he started.

http://www.longmontfyi.com/ramsey/storyDetail03.asp?ID=38

I hope he gives it his best shot.
What are your thoughts?

capps,

Here's my thoughts: THE CHARADE MUST GO ON.

Lacy needs a name on the roster to make it appear that an active investigation of the Ramsey murder is on-going. The truth of the matter is there is no active investigation. Bennett will assume regular duties as a member of Lacy's staff just as he did before, with zero monies allocated for an active investigation into obtaining justice for JonBenet.

The charade continues in order to keep the truth covered up. So long as there's an "active" investigation the evidence can be kept confidential by LE. The public has been swallowing the coverup -- hook, line and sinker -- for almost a decade now, so why should they change the game plan?

The coverup is legal because IMO it involves kids too young to prosecute, but I think a prosecutable adult is also involved and HE HAS BEEN GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER.

BlueCrab

Bennett worked for the Kobe Bryant prosecution team. Wood represented the woman who accused Kobe Bryant.

Bennett stated that he thinks the case is unsolvable.

Wonder if Lou is going to team up again with Bennett?

Bennett may be great and he may solve the case in spite of his previous thoughts. Seems that Lacy would get some more "fresh eyes", though.

Just thinking out loud here.

BlueCrab said:
capps,

Here's my thoughts: THE CHARADE MUST GO ON.

Lacy needs a name on the roster to make it appear that an active investigation of the Ramsey murder is on-going. The truth of the matter is there is no active investigation. Bennett will assume regular duties as a member of Lacy's staff just as he did before, with zero monies allocated for an active investigation into obtaining justice for JonBenet.

The charade continues in order to keep the truth covered up. So long as there's an "active" investigation the evidence can be kept confidential by LE. The public has been swallowing the coverup -- hook, line and sinker -- for almost a decade now, so why should they change the game plan?

The coverup is legal because IMO it involves kids too young to prosecute, but I think a prosecutable adult is also involved and HE HAS BEEN GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER.

BlueCrab

BC,

I KNEW would say that! :)

Just dropping in, questions for BlueCrab

Choose one:

1. Do you think IT was an accident with the two young boys, and a curious JonBenet?

2. Do you think it was a violent accident with the two boys?

3. WHO stuck the fatal blow to the head?

4. Do you think the remaining investigative folks go home each night frustrated with their hands tied?

Tough questions, since all roads do seem to keep being resurfaced back to the Ramseys and what they knew and know to this day.

Maybe Kolar thought it was best to go back to Telluride to deal with more substantive investigations, and not be pushed by the media on a case he has not boned up on, plus no plans to do it either.

Wonder how Steve Thomas is doing these days? I am guessing that he has never put this case to bed mentally.

Camper said:
Just dropping in, questions for BlueCrab

Choose one:

1. Do you think IT was an accident with the two young boys, and a curious JonBenet?

2. Do you think it was a violent accident with the two boys?

3. WHO stuck the fatal blow to the head?

4. Do you think the remaining investigative folks go home each night frustrated with their hands tied?

Tough questions, since all roads do seem to keep being resurfaced back to the Ramseys and what they knew and know to this day.

Maybe Kolar thought it was best to go back to Telluride to deal with more substantive investigations, and not be pushed by the media on a case he has not boned up on, plus no plans to do it either.

Wonder how Steve Thomas is doing these days? I am guessing that he has never put this case to bed mentally.

camper,

I can't answer any of your first three questions because I don't know for sure who did it, only that a Ramsey is involved; and for your fourth question, there hasn't been any active investigation for years so I doubt if any investigators go home frustrated.

IMO Kolar left the job because it became known he wasn't actively investigating the case, and in fact didn't even know the case. This became apparent when the Ramseys visited Boulder a few weeks ago and Kolar couldn't meet with them because he hadn't been briefed by Mary Lacy, his boss. Kolar was in charge of investigating the Ramsey murder in name only, which is exactly what Bennett's job will be again -- smoke and mirrors to make it appear an active investigation is on-going.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
camper,

I can't answer any of your first three questions because I don't know for sure who did it, only that a Ramsey is involved; and for your fourth question, there hasn't been any active investigation for years so I doubt if any investigators go home frustrated.

IMO Kolar left the job because it became known he wasn't actively investigating the case, and in fact didn't even know the case. This became apparent when the Ramseys visited Boulder a few weeks ago and Kolar couldn't meet with them because he hadn't been briefed by Mary Lacy, his boss. Kolar was in charge of investigating the Ramsey murder in name only, which is exactly what Bennett's job will be again -- smoke and mirrors to make it appear an active investigation is on-going.

BlueCrab
Kolar was in court when the Ramseys met with Lacey. We went through all this earlier.

BlueCrab said:
camper,

BlueCrab

---------->>>Do you have at your fingertips the date Kolar came on 'duty' with Boulder DA office? I never knew that Bennett had left the case, I presume the coming of K and the going of B happened at the same time, right er huh?

It sounds like when Kolar had egg on his face in front of God and the TV audience he figure he liked Telluride a whole lot better, huh, er? We have Ramnesia, not we have a potential case of Kolarnesia, or hide the teddy bear yet again.

There can't be any money left in the budget for solving this case, I would imagine they will have to fall over or "into" something very lucky to move forward. I like Bennett, I think his comment about the dna was timed very well to coincide with Keenan's keeping Santa and Fleet high on the suspect list. If the dna is the dna of the killer and these two were cleared it wouldn't make sense to keep them on that list. Oh well, I wish him luck! The first days were lost, and no one can get them back. Such a terrible tragedy for the Ramseys!

I found my answer in post #1 Tippers post.

I quote:

"Lacy said she believes Bennett's first day back on her staff will be March 24 or soon thereafter."

Today then would be day 11 of being back in the office again, er wherever they seat him.

Good luck in finding our illusive perp.

I am wondering that IF IF a young perp is known, but unable to be made public because of law not allowing conviction of a child under 10.

Could the name be made public when adult hood is achieved. I could understand the lack of law to still prosecute him/her, BUT could his/her name be released for the public?

I know some of the personal records of famous people, have a legal deadlock on the release of any pertinent information about them, wherein a stated period of say '50' years has passed. Wonder how that is accomplished legally? Wish Midnight was still among us.

I don't know if there is such a bit written into the law that protects the under 10 year of age perp type?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back