Dana Reeve, widow of Christopher Reeve, has died of lung cancer

englishleigh

Authentic Southern Belle
Reaction score
Just heard it on Fox News. Their poor son. How old is he, like in his early teens? :(

OH NO......:( I knew she had been diagnosed, but I didn't realize she was so sick. Prayers for their family.

Wow.....horrid news. Katie and Matt on the Today show are speechless as am I.

OMG, that was so fast, just unbelievable. The last I had heard she was doing well and responding to treatment. She looked good. Her poor son; the Lord acts in strange ways sometimes. Why, why? Beautiful woman, inside and out.

I pray she has been reunited with Christopher. Those two were so in love. :(

What a shock to happen to such an wonderful woman. I feel bad for their son,now he has lost both of his parents.

I too thought she was responding well to treatment. I guess it was farther along than they thought. I guess God and Christopher needed her up there. Poor Will. I wonder who he will live with?

Wow! I'm stunned too. I was so hoping she would be ok after announcing her illness. She seemed to be such a sweet and wonderful person.

May she rest in peace. Bless her family and friends.

fran

My goodness I can't believe it. It seems just like yesterday she was diagnosed. How sad..:( Aww the poor son does he have any other siblings?

I was so deeply touched by her courageous efforts on behalf of her husband and am so saddened to hear of her death. Like all of you, I was stunned to hear it. I pray that her son will be okay. I think Dana had a sister who was helping with him, but I'm not sure if that's accurate.

Mygirlsadie said:
My goodness I can't believe it. It seems just like yesterday she was diagnosed. How sad..:( Aww the poor son does he have any other siblings?

I think he has an older sister and brother, half-siblings, from Chris's first marriage.

Thanks Englishleigh...at least he won't be all alone. I know he has aunts etc..but you know its always nice to have a sister or brother to lean on. :( still can't believe it.

englishleigh said:
I think he has an older sister and brother, half-siblings, from Chris's first marriage.

I don't know what to say. I had no idea that her cancer had progressed so quickly. I'm shocked.

May she rest in peace with her beloved Christopher. :angel: :angel: God Bless them both.

Their poor son. He's been through so much. I'm keeping him in my prayers.

Some people seem to have to shoulder more than their share. I hope she is being rewarded now, with peace and seeing Christopher again. I hope her son has strong family around him, poor kid.

Eve

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back