Domestic violence summit draws 400

Alice253

Live Every Moment
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/030706dnmetvictims.8f8294de.html

About 400 prosecutors, law enforcement officers and victims' advocates from across the nation met in Dallas on Monday to attend the first national Conference on Crimes Against Women.

The Dallas Police Department and Genesis Women's Shelter of Dallas created the event to improve the criminal justice system's response to domestic violence nationally, said Jan Langbein, executive director of Genesis.

MORE AT LINK

Conference Case Studies: (taken from registration form)

Laci Peterson: Professionals involved in the investigation and prosecution of Scott Peterson will provide insight into the events leading to his conviction on two counts of murder in the deaths of Laci Peterson and her unborn child.

The Green River Killer: Authorities involved in the apprehension and conviction of the most deadly serial killer in U.S.history will present a behind the scenes look at the murder of 48 women.

BTK murderer Dennis Rader: This former church congregation president and Boy Scout leader was identified as the bind, torture, kill murderer responsible for 10 deaths. Professionals will show how Rader was eventually caught and brought to justice.

If I had been close enough, I think I would have tried to attend this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57
Back