Searching for Anna - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tybee204

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue here. I locked the previous thread and made it a sticky so you all could access it easily for information.

Wow, this is great! Does this mean that we can also open different folders for Anna's case, or do we still need to limit ourself to one thread (but a new one)?

You can start new threads in this forum to discuss the case.

Thanks to WS for opening this forum. I will try over the next few days to organize the info into logical threads to help us all.

I have been thinking about something Anna's friend posted a couple of weeks ago. She said that she walked home a few blocks from school every day. Joe Ford, Anna's stepfather, underwent a hypnotic regression many years ago, and nothing much was revealed except that he said something about Anna's visiting this friend (whom he named)...I can't remember when this visit might have been. If this were the case, the two little girls could have walked from the kindergarten classroom to the friend's house and of course could have been observed by anyone who knew when the class let out. I can almost--but not quite--remember this. But all along I have been thinking that Anna got on the bus at home, went to school, took the bus back and walked the few yards to the house, which doesn't allow much occasion for a watcher to lurk without being seen. Usually on Mondays I went to school with her, since I was an aide in her class. She disappeared on a Tuesday. We are hoping to hear something from the kindergarten teachers and perhaps the bus driver when Anna's friend gets in touch with them. Annasfriend did say that the two kindergarten teachers always believed that Anna was abducted. Annasfriend also mentioned in a PM that she remembered Anna's cowboy boots--something I had completely forgotten, even though I kept them.

Annasmom said:
I have been thinking about something Anna's friend posted a couple of weeks ago. She said that she walked home a few blocks from school every day. Joe Ford, Anna's stepfather, underwent a hypnotic regression many years ago, and nothing much was revealed except that he said something about Anna's visiting this friend (whom he named)...I can't remember when this visit might have been. If this were the case, the two little girls could have walked from the kindergarten classroom to the friend's house and of course could have been observed by anyone who knew when the class let out. I can almost--but not quite--remember this. But all along I have been thinking that Anna got on the bus at home, went to school, took the bus back and walked the few yards to the house, which doesn't allow much occasion for a watcher to lurk without being seen. Usually on Mondays I went to school with her, since I was an aide in her class. She disappeared on a Tuesday. We are hoping to hear something from the kindergarten teachers and perhaps the bus driver when Anna's friend gets in touch with them. Annasfriend did say that the two kindergarten teachers always believed that Anna was abducted. Annasfriend also mentioned in a PM that she remembered Anna's cowboy boots--something I had completely forgotten, even though I kept them.
I am not sure, either, of the date of the regression but am pretty confident that it was within a year of Anna's disappearance. I believe an audio tape was made and may possibly be found in the BFH.

Joe Ford said:
I am not sure, either, of the date of the regression but am pretty confident that it was within a year of Anna's disappearance. I believe an audio tape was made and may possibly be found in the BFH.
It was indeed in the BFH and I transcribed it, but there was no indication of who the hypnotist was.

Annasmom said:
It was indeed in the BFH and I transcribed it, but there was no indication of who the hypnotist was.
I have the transcript.

I don't have anything new to add right now, I just wanted to let Annasmom and Joe know that I still care! :D

When I look at missing people on doenetwork, after I read their page I tend to go down to the bottom of the page and look at the links/sources for more info. I noticed on Anna's page it only lists NCMEC (which I think is a frustrating site to look through/ hard for me to navigate sometimes). Anyway, I wonder if it might be helpful to add more links to the bottom of Anna's doenetwork page if they would allow you to. Such as a link to Charley Project's page on Anna, or even this discussion board. If other people look on doe and are new to their search or to the internet, they may not find this information. Just a thought. That would be helpful if someone WAS searching for their identity, and also for getting this story out there. Just a thought :)

laini said:
Anyway, I wonder if it might be helpful to add more links to the bottom of Anna's doenetwork page if they would allow you to. Such as a link to Charley Project's page on Anna, or even this discussion board.
An excellent idea. I will look into it.

gardenmom said:
I don't have anything new to add right now, I just wanted to let Annasmom and Joe know that I still care! :D
Thank you, Gardenmom. You know, Anna had a little garden. When I moved from the farm, I dug the whole thing up (including the compost pile) and brought it seven miles to the community where I live now. Eventually all the plants and rocks disseminated all over the yard so that I never know where I'll find a souvenir.

Annasmom said:
Thank you, Gardenmom. You know, Anna had a little garden. When I moved from the farm, I dug the whole thing up (including the compost pile) and brought it seven miles to the community where I live now. Eventually all the plants and rocks disseminated all over the yard so that I never know where I'll find a souvenir.
Anna's mom this post brought tears to my eyes... yes you have been deprived of your daughter all these years but also Anna has been deprived of you! That is just so tragic!

YOU are an awesome lady!

Annasmom, I cried when I read that you dug up Anna's little garden when you moved. That is so very touching.

I'm posting this information that I just put on the Delia Cly forum because I think it bears some resemblance to Anna's disappearance (couple in a car, close to water, blonde-haired little girl, etc.). I don't think it will help us find Anna but we may as well put all interesting information in the same place. I had to re-type this information from a picture of a newspaper article, so the only reference for this is Ancestry.com.

June 19, 1965 The Chillicothe Constitution Tribune (in Missouri) A kidnapping possibility in the disappearance of little Elizabeth Ann "Betsy" Gill is being investigated by police.

Betsy, the two year old blonde-haired daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Gill, was last seen near her home Sunday afternoon. Search parties both on land and the Mississippi River 3 blocks from her home have found nothing.

Capt. Frederick L. Schneider of the Cape Girardeau police department said the kidnapping angle was "just a lead we're checking out" - anything in the hope of finding the child.

Schneider said two vehicles - a sports car and a pickup truck with Alabama license plates - were seen in the Cape Girardeau area Sunday. He said a middle-aged man and woman were in each of the vehicles.

He said that police were trying to find them for questioning.

:) thats all I can do, your a wonderfull mom and a warmhearted person.
Annasmom said:

Hey there Annasmom and Joe,
I have been dealing with some yucky stuff lately, but wanted you both to know that Anna is always on my mind.
Peace,
Mary

P.S.,
Doogie, you are an incredible person, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah