1079 users online (203 members and 876 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,750

    Anna's Vital Statistics and case details

    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/176dfca.html
    (Photos at link)

    Anna Christian Waters
    Missing since January 16, 1973 from Half Moon Bay, San Mateo County, California
    Classification: Non Family Abduction

    # Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: September 25, 1967
    # Age at Time of Disappearance: 5 years old
    # Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'8; 40 pounds
    # Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; brown eyes.
    # Marks, Scars: Waters has dimples and a mole on her cheek.
    # Clothing: Blue Levis; blue/white t-shirt; black rubber boots.
    # Dentals: Not available

    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Waters was last seen playing in her family's backyard in San Mateo County, California on January 16, 1973.

    Investigators
    If you have any information concerning Waters' whereabouts, please contact:
    San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
    650-364-1811
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.

    Agency Case Number:
    730484

    NCMEC #: NCMC601935

    NCIC Number:
    M-205458221
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
    Last edited by Cubby; 03-23-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: fix broken link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,760

    Identifying marks

    Notice that the age progression has what seems to be a mole on Anna's left cheek. She had a mole near her eye on the right cheekbone (barely visible in the kindergarten picture), but none on the left cheek. She also has a smallpox vaccination scar on one upper arm.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,750
    I asked Anna's Mom to tell us what she thinks Anna may look like as a grown up based on family likenesses, etc. This is what she replied:

    Please note: This is absolutely a guess
    about 5'8"
    130 pounds
    light brown hair with blonde highlights
    and probably glasses.

    Maybe athletic (though I'm not, and I'm a lot rounder than I was at 38!)



    Note: Thank you again Anna's Mom for this info!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,750

  5. #5

    Medical Condition

    Save me some time here....somewhere in all these posts I remember reading something about a possible medical condition that was never posted. Annasmom or Dr Doogie, could you send me a message what this might be?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockJr
    Save me some time here....somewhere in all these posts I remember reading something about a possible medical condition that was never posted. Annasmom or Dr Doogie, could you send me a message what this might be?
    I am not aware of Anna having any medical problems, though I may have missed it myself in all the posts. Annasmom might be able to give you a definitive answer on that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockJr
    Save me some time here....somewhere in all these posts I remember reading something about a possible medical condition that was never posted. Annasmom or Dr Doogie, could you send me a message what this might be?
    No, there was no medical condition. Maybe you are remembering that I said she had a smallpox vaccination scar on one upper arm (and I don't remember which one).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    116
    I thought it might be a good idea to post the timeline for the day that Anna disappeared here for quick reference.

    Timeline at Ranch on 1/16/1973



    7:00 AM- Joe left for work

    7:30 AM- Anna and brothers on bus to school

    7:45 AM- Annasmom feeds chickens and animals

    10:00 AM-Rooster attacks horsewoman, Annasmom brings her to house,

    hysterical

    -another horseperson arrives at Ranch

    -horsepeople return to horsebarn together

    -rooster attacks woman again

    -horseman kills rooster and tosses in creek

    11:00 AM-Two friends with infant arrive from SF for visit with Annasmom

    Noon – Joe returns – construction job shut down due to rain

    12:20 – Anna arrives on school bus

    12:40 – Anna goes outside to play in yard, puts on red coat and rubber boots

    1:30 PM- Ranch resident (family friend) comes in back door for visit

      • Anna comes back in house
      • Friends from SF finish visit and leave
      • Resident/friend goes to road to collect previous day’s mail, returns
    2:00 PM- Annasmom hears Anna in bedroom/porch, talking (to cats?)

    2:10 PM- Carpenter friend of Joe arrives for visit

    2:15-2:20 PM- Annasmom, no longer hearing Anna-sounds, becomes

    alarmed. She had been monitoring sounds as mothers do-

    back door opening and closing, Anna playing in yard

    2:20 PM – Annasmom panics-she, Joe and the two friends rush outside to

    look for Anna, shouting her name

    2:45PM – After a frantic search of the creek area and outbuildings, Sheriffs

    Department is called

    3:15 PM- Sheriffs Deputies arrive, blast siren. Formal search begins of ranch

    and creek

    *** Sometime later Joe’s friend reports that while coming up Purissima Rd,

    that he stopped and got out of his truck to admire some horses grazing.

    While there he was passed by a westbound van with two people inside

    that waved to him. He also said that when he arrived at our house at

    2:10 PM he saw Anna at the front of our house, said hi to her and came

    in.

    joepoke

  9. #9
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    In the younger pictures of Anna, she appears to have unusually curly hair, a little less so in the last picture, but still curly. In the snap shots taken was her hair "curled" via hair rollers, or was that natural?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    In the younger pictures of Anna, she appears to have unusually curly hair, a little less so in the last picture, but still curly. In the snap shots taken was her hair "curled" via hair rollers, or was that natural?
    Anna had naturally curly hair.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,698
    Please anyone who has been closely following this case - take the time to post a summary about her case. I came here as a result of Jaycee Lee Dugard being found and I'm sure that many other's will as well. Do a summary "sticky" , something that is easy to digest and relatively quick to read...Anna deserves a few minutes of time! I am not well versed enough in her case to do so but would gladly participate in any activity/attention that would result!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Please anyone who has been closely following this case - take the time to post a summary about her case. I came here as a result of Jaycee Lee Dugard being found and I'm sure that many other's will as well. Do a summary "sticky" , something that is easy to digest and relatively quick to read...Anna deserves a few minutes of time! I am not well versed enough in her case to do so but would gladly participate in any activity/attention that would result!
    Welcome, Pink Panther. There is a summary of the case at www.searchingforanna.com.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,698
    It's very frustrating to come here and to spend time researching Anna's case only to find that there are virtually NO PICTURES available online. Nothing. All of Doogie's links to pics are no longer available and virtually anything else that has been posted leads to a "not available" link. Why? I would imagine that any pics that could help in this quest should still be accessible??? It's really difficult to follow or research many of the possible leads discussed here without them!

    Just My Opinion.

    ETA - Even on SearchingforAnna.com - there are virtually no images apart from the ones that are readily available on the Charley Project site. Why not set up a link (a STICKY) with images of some of the documents found in BFH? Why not find and post (still linked) images that describe the area? Maps? ANYthing visual that is potentially helpful. As I've already stated, I've read through virtually every thread on this forum and have found that for the most part (90 percent) of the image links don't work!
    Last edited by Pink Panther; 09-12-2009 at 07:40 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,857
    If you look at Annasmoms profile, she has an album with several photo's of Anna.

    Doogie had the photos at yahoo at one time, and that closed down... and went to where-ever yahoo sent those. I'm unsure of the current link.

    hth
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    It's very frustrating to come here and to spend time researching Anna's case only to find that there are virtually NO PICTURES available online. Nothing. All of Doogie's links to pics are no longer available and virtually anything else that has been posted leads to a "not available" link. Why? I would imagine that any pics that could help in this quest should still be accessible??? It's really difficult to follow or research many of the possible leads discussed here without them!

    Just My Opinion.

    ETA - Even on SearchingforAnna.com - there are virtually no images apart from the ones that are readily available on the Charley Project site. Why not set up a link (a STICKY) with images of some of the documents found in BFH? Why not find and post (still linked) images that describe the area? Maps? ANYthing visual that is potentially helpful. As I've already stated, I've read through virtually every thread on this forum and have found that for the most part (90 percent) of the image links don't work!
    I have many photos of Anna on myspace: www.myspace.com/reuniteanna

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 842
    Last Post: 10-24-2015, 11:45 AM
  2. Replies: 2257
    Last Post: 07-26-2014, 02:00 PM
  3. Kesse Case Details
    By Harmony 2 in forum Jennifer Kesse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 12:52 PM

Tags for this Thread