Anna's Vital Statistics and case details

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
[FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][SIZE=-1]http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/176dfca.html[/SIZE][/FONT]
(Photos at link)

Anna Christian Waters
Missing since January 16, 1973 from Half Moon Bay, San Mateo County, California
Classification: Non Family Abduction

# Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: September 25, 1967
# Age at Time of Disappearance: 5 years old
# Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'8; 40 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; brown eyes.
# Marks, Scars: Waters has dimples and a mole on her cheek.
# Clothing: Blue Levis; blue/white t-shirt; black rubber boots.
# Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Waters was last seen playing in her family's backyard in San Mateo County, California on January 16, 1973.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Waters' whereabouts, please contact:
San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
650-364-1811
You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.

Agency Case Number:

NCMEC #: NCMC601935

NCIC Number:
M-205458221
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Notice that the age progression has what seems to be a mole on Anna's left cheek. She had a mole near her eye on the right cheekbone (barely visible in the kindergarten picture), but none on the left cheek. She also has a smallpox vaccination scar on one upper arm.

I asked Anna's Mom to tell us what she thinks Anna may look like as a grown up based on family likenesses, etc. This is what she replied:

Please note: This is absolutely a guess
about 5'8"
130 pounds
light brown hair with blonde highlights
and probably glasses.

Maybe athletic (though I'm not, and I'm a lot rounder than I was at 38!)

Note: Thank you again Anna's Mom for this info!

ncmc601935e1.jpg

Different age progression - from
http://www.missingchildreninternational.org/cases/waters-anna-christian/

Save me some time here....somewhere in all these posts I remember reading something about a possible medical condition that was never posted. Annasmom or Dr Doogie, could you send me a message what this might be?

SherlockJr said:
Save me some time here....somewhere in all these posts I remember reading something about a possible medical condition that was never posted. Annasmom or Dr Doogie, could you send me a message what this might be?
I am not aware of Anna having any medical problems, though I may have missed it myself in all the posts. Annasmom might be able to give you a definitive answer on that.

SherlockJr said:
No, there was no medical condition. Maybe you are remembering that I said she had a smallpox vaccination scar on one upper arm (and I don't remember which one).

I thought it might be a good idea to post the timeline for the day that Anna disappeared here for quick reference.

Timeline at Ranch on 1/16/1973

7:00 AM- Joe left for work

7:30 AM- Anna and brothers on bus to school

7:45 AM- Annasmom feeds chickens and animals

10:00 AM-Rooster attacks horsewoman, Annasmom brings her to house,

hysterical

-another horseperson arrives at Ranch

-horsepeople return to horsebarn together

-rooster attacks woman again

-horseman kills rooster and tosses in creek

11:00 AM-Two friends with infant arrive from SF for visit with Annasmom

Noon – Joe returns – construction job shut down due to rain

12:20 – Anna arrives on school bus

12:40 – Anna goes outside to play in yard, puts on red coat and rubber boots

1:30 PM- Ranch resident (family friend) comes in back door for visit

• Anna comes back in house
    • Friends from SF finish visit and leave
    • Resident/friend goes to road to collect previous day’s mail, returns
2:00 PM- Annasmom hears Anna in bedroom/porch, talking (to cats?)

2:10 PM- Carpenter friend of Joe arrives for visit

2:15-2:20 PM- Annasmom, no longer hearing Anna-sounds, becomes

alarmed. She had been monitoring sounds as mothers do-

back door opening and closing, Anna playing in yard

2:20 PM – Annasmom panics-she, Joe and the two friends rush outside to

look for Anna, shouting her name

2:45PM – After a frantic search of the creek area and outbuildings, Sheriffs

Department is called

3:15 PM- Sheriffs Deputies arrive, blast siren. Formal search begins of ranch

and creek

*** Sometime later Joe’s friend reports that while coming up Purissima Rd,

that he stopped and got out of his truck to admire some horses grazing.

While there he was passed by a westbound van with two people inside

that waved to him. He also said that when he arrived at our house at

2:10 PM he saw Anna at the front of our house, said hi to her and came

in.

In the younger pictures of Anna, she appears to have unusually curly hair, a little less so in the last picture, but still curly. In the snap shots taken was her hair "curled" via hair rollers, or was that natural?

In the younger pictures of Anna, she appears to have unusually curly hair, a little less so in the last picture, but still curly. In the snap shots taken was her hair "curled" via hair rollers, or was that natural?
Anna had naturally curly hair.

Please anyone who has been closely following this case - take the time to post a summary about her case. I came here as a result of Jaycee Lee Dugard being found and I'm sure that many other's will as well. Do a summary "sticky" , something that is easy to digest and relatively quick to read...Anna deserves a few minutes of time! I am not well versed enough in her case to do so but would gladly participate in any activity/attention that would result!

Please anyone who has been closely following this case - take the time to post a summary about her case. I came here as a result of Jaycee Lee Dugard being found and I'm sure that many other's will as well. Do a summary "sticky" , something that is easy to digest and relatively quick to read...Anna deserves a few minutes of time! I am not well versed enough in her case to do so but would gladly participate in any activity/attention that would result!
Welcome, Pink Panther. There is a summary of the case at www.searchingforanna.com.

It's very frustrating to come here and to spend time researching Anna's case only to find that there are virtually NO PICTURES available online. Nothing. All of Doogie's links to pics are no longer available and virtually anything else that has been posted leads to a "not available" link. Why? I would imagine that any pics that could help in this quest should still be accessible??? It's really difficult to follow or research many of the possible leads discussed here without them!

Just My Opinion.

ETA - Even on SearchingforAnna.com - there are virtually no images apart from the ones that are readily available on the Charley Project site. Why not set up a link (a STICKY) with images of some of the documents found in BFH? Why not find and post (still linked) images that describe the area? Maps? ANYthing visual that is potentially helpful. As I've already stated, I've read through virtually every thread on this forum and have found that for the most part (90 percent) of the image links don't work!

If you look at Annasmoms profile, she has an album with several photo's of Anna.

Doogie had the photos at yahoo at one time, and that closed down... and went to where-ever yahoo sent those. I'm unsure of the current link.

hth

It's very frustrating to come here and to spend time researching Anna's case only to find that there are virtually NO PICTURES available online. Nothing. All of Doogie's links to pics are no longer available and virtually anything else that has been posted leads to a "not available" link. Why? I would imagine that any pics that could help in this quest should still be accessible??? It's really difficult to follow or research many of the possible leads discussed here without them!

Just My Opinion.

ETA - Even on SearchingforAnna.com - there are virtually no images apart from the ones that are readily available on the Charley Project site. Why not set up a link (a STICKY) with images of some of the documents found in BFH? Why not find and post (still linked) images that describe the area? Maps? ANYthing visual that is potentially helpful. As I've already stated, I've read through virtually every thread on this forum and have found that for the most part (90 percent) of the image links don't work!

I have many photos of Anna on myspace: www.myspace.com/reuniteanna

None of these links worked. :(
Yosande, I think I have all these pictures and more in my album on the forum. I don't remember whether I captioned them or not, but I'll check on that.

Yahoo pics became Flickr, so I will need to update the links to the new site. Sorry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back