FL FL - Ryan Kresin, 51, Lutz, 1 Nov 1993

We had a similar story here in CA. A woman was missing for something like 12 years. Her children were young when she went missing and grew up thinking that she had abandoned them. She went out to the store and never came back and her car was never found. About 12 years later her car was found in a pond next to a road not far from their house. The pond was about 7 or 8 feet deep and the car had been submerged until the water level in the pond went down during a long dry spell. At last her kids found out that she had simply been killed in an accident and not left them.

From May 2006:

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/05/06/news_pf/Hillsborough/DNA_confirms_identity.shtml

On the news in March, Ryan Carl Kresin's friends and relatives saw a 1987 Cadillac containing a decomposing body pulled from a pond, and they felt their 13-year search was over.

It looked like Kresin's white car. It was found in a pond not far from the Lake Carlton Arms Apartments, off Van Dyke Road and Sailfish Drive, where he lived.

But it took until Friday for Hillsborough County sheriff's investigators to confirm that it was him, using DNA testing because dental records weren't conclusive enough for the medical examiner, Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Debbie Carter said.

Every time I read one of these stories, it makes me wonder how many other missing people met a similar fate. Some may be in such deep water or odd locations they might never be found. We have had widespread driving since the 1950s and there is a lot of water out there and people driving on lonely roads at night.

Every time I read one of these stories, it makes me wonder how many other missing people met a similar fate. Some may be in such deep water or odd locations they might never be found. We have had widespread driving since the 1950s and there is a lot of water out there and people driving on lonely roads at night.
A gentleman was found recently near Charlotte who had been missing for 40 years. If a car goes missing, I always think water first now. My husband gave me a few odd looks recently on vacation, when every body of water we passed, I wondered out loud how many missing people could be there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back