John Ramseys version - Merged

capps

Reaction score
I don't think the Ramsey's are guilty of killing JonBenet. But sometimes after reading some of their interviews,you have to wonder what the heck is going on. For instance,here are snippets of John's interview with Lou Smit:

5 LOU SMIT: How far is the Whites from where
6 you live? I know that there is that little time
7 period in there?
8 JOHN RAMSEY: Well we went from the Whites
9 to the Walkers to drop off a gift.
10 LOU SMIT: Were they labeled in this diagram?
11 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. (INAUDIBLE).
12 LOU SMIT: (INAUDIBLE) would the drive have
13 been from the Whites there?
14 JOHN RAMSEY: Oh, six minutes, five minutes.
15 It's not really far.
16 LOU SMIT: Okay.
17 JOHN RAMSEY: Probably even less. I think
18 the kids and I stayed in the car and Patsy went
19 out to the door. It didn't take very long. Ten
20 minutes maybe.
21 LOU SMIT: Now this may not seem important
22 or anything, the dynamics of things back at that
23 time. You leave the Whites, the children are going
24 to get in the car. Is JonBenet walking with
25 anybody? I mean, describe like how they get in and
1 where they go or whatever?
2 JOHN RAMSEY: Well I don't remember
3 specifically getting in. But I know she was, I
4 mean, it's always a challenge to get them rounded
5 up and with all her toys and get them detached
6 from what they're doing and haul them away.
7 Getting thing out to the car and off we went.
8 LOU SMIT: Any particular seat arrangement?
9 JOHN RAMSEY: Well JonBenet sat behind me,
10 as the driver. Burke sat to her on the other side
11 of the backseat. Patsy was in the passenger seat
12 in the front.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
13 LOU SMIT: Okay. So you drive to the Walkers,
14 that's the first one.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

7 LOU SMIT: So where did you pull into then
8 at the Walkers?
9 JOHN RAMSEY: I think I pulled into the
10 driveway. And it seems like that when Patsy, as I
11 recall, she went in and she stayed a little while
12 like five minutes.
13 LOU SMIT: And she went in to do something?
14 JOHN RAMSEY: Just to give the Walkers their
15 gifts.
16 LOU SMIT: Do you know what that gift was?
17 JOHN RAMSEY: I didn't at the time. I think
18 it was perfume or something like that. I remember
19 her saying, but I didn't at the time. I thought it
20 was a food (INAUDIBLE) or something like that. And
21 she came back out and we went to the Stines and
22 she had a gift for them.
23 LOU SMIT: Now did you and Burke and JonBenet
24 stay in the car, do you remember?
25 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't remember.
1 LOU SMIT: You stayed in the car at the Walkers?
2 JOHN RAMSEY: Oh, the Walkers, yeah. I think we
3 all three stayed in the car.
4 LOU SMIT: And then you go to the Stines?
5 JOHN RAMSEY: Right.
6 LOU SMIT: How far a drive is the Stines?
7 JOHN RAMSEY: Two minutes, three minutes.
8 Pulled up out the front of their house. Patsy
9 certainly went in, I don't think I did. I don't
10 remember if Burke did or not. I don't think
11 JonBenet did. But I don't remember for sure.
12 It wouldn't have been unusual for Burke to go in
13 because that was his buddy, Doug.
14 LOU SMIT: Did you have a gift for Doug?
15 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't know. I know Patsy
16 probably, but I don't recall. And then we debated,
17 we had a gift for the Fernies and we debated
18 whether we should go over there. But that's
19 probably 15 minutes away and we wanted to get home
20 and to bed. And we didn't know what time we would
21 get back. So we left the Stines and drove home.
22 LOU SMIT: So your concern then was mainly you
23 didn't want to spend that extra time (INAUDIBLE).
24 Why?
25 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, it was 15 minutes over
1 there and both the kids might want to go in and it
2 would have been half an hour, 45 minutes before we
3 went home. And we had to get up early next
4 morning. They were tired. They had been up all
5 day. So we said, well, we'd do that when we got
6 back.
7 LOU SMIT: So when you leave the Steins,
8 Patsy returns or whatever and that's just a short
9 distance to your house, I imagine. What? Just a
10 couple of minutes? And was Burke asleep at this
11 time (INAUDIBLE)?
12 JOHN RAMSEY: JonBenet, when we pulled into
13 the drive, she was sound asleep because I remember
14 getting her out of the car and she was just out.

Okay ... this whole trip took about 20 to 25 minutes at the most,from the time they left the White's house until they got home,according to John.JonBenet was not sleeping when they left the White's.When asked by Lou if JonBenet went with Patsy to the Stine's,John says "I don't think JonBenet did." The Stine's house is only minutes from the Ramsey house ... wouldn't John's answer most likely be "JonBenet didn't go to the Stine's,she was fast asleep."

Did JonBenet "zonk out" in 5 minutes riding from the Stine's to the Ramsey house?

Children when they are very tired can fall asleep increadibly quickly. I remember my son fell asleep once on me, while eating his supper. He still had a piece of chicken in his mouth....that's how quick it can happen!!

As if John does not remember if he went into the Stine's or not.

Not buying that for a second.

From memory Burke states JonBenet walked from the car into the house.

On Dec 26th Patsy stated that JonBenet went to sleep in a red tutrleneck top.

In a later interview that changed to become the white gap top.

John on the 26th Dec stated he read to JonBenet, e.g. she was awake.

In a later interview that changed to he carried a sleeping JonBenet into the house.

Since they not only contradict each other and themselves, what they do say is left with little credibility.

UKGuy said:

In a later interview that changed to he carried a sleeping JonBenet into the house.

Since they not only contradict each other and themselves, what they do say is left with little credibility.

Burke said both she walked and was carried. ST's conclusion was he simply didn't remember.

I think Patsy first remembered the outfit she had planned JonBenet would wear, then she corrected herself. Not unusual under the circumstances.

John says the police misunderstood what he said. Don't know how carefully you following the van Dam trial but the police reports in that case had a number of errors that had to be corrected by witnesses when they testified.

UKGuy said:

Exactly. That and all the other contradictory things they've said. They told so many different stories, I can understand why they can't remember what they said.

I think one of the things that blows my mind the most was when Nedra said "she'd only been a little bit molested." Or something along that line. That was incredible.

QUOTE<<I think Patsy first remembered the outfit she had planned JonBenet would wear, then she corrected herself. Not unusual under the circumstances.>>

So, Patsy first remembered the outfit that JonBenet was to wear....then totally forgot that they had an argument about that outfit, until days later??
I think it is unusual for a mother to remember absolutely nothing about her child on the day she died.
Patsy can't tell us what her child wore, what her child ate, whether or not she bathed her child that day, nothing.
Patsy did absolutely nothing to help LE find the killer of her daughter.

QUOTE<<John on the 26th Dec stated he read to JonBenet, e.g. she was awake.>>

Then he changed that to....he read a book himself, not that he read a book to JonBenet.....um....what??
How could he confuse the two??

I think one of the things that blows my mind the most was when Nedra said "she'd only been a little bit molested." Or something along that line. That was incredible.

Unbelievable.
There was something wrong with Nedra, that's for sure!

What about those creepy b/w pics of her and JonBenet?
They were certainly one self indulgent family weren't they??

As a little girl, one thing I loved was being carried in from the car, and being carried to my bed. I would feign sleep so my dad would pick me up and carry me all the way to my room and tenderly put me to bed, tuck me in, kiss my cheek.

Could JBR have been faking sleep?

It would explain how it is that she was up eating pineapple at some point in time later that evening.

narlacat said:

Unbelievable.

I think Nedra was a 'bit over the top' but my impression is most people just took her for what she was.

Which creepy b/w pictures? Do you have a link?

Maybe try maketoast Tipper, it's been a while since I've looked at them, but I came across them the other day somewhere and I remember being at maketoast recently.....

narlacat said:
Maybe try maketoast Tipper, it's been a while since I've looked at them, but I came across them the other day somewhere and I remember being at maketoast recently.....
OK, thanks!

narlacat said:

Unbelievable.

The pictures were very odd. I do think they gave us a glimpse into the Ramsey/Paugh world.

narlacat said:

Unbelievable.

I think you are referring to the pictures where Jonbenet has her head on Patsy's shoulder and neither are smiling?

I *believe* they may be part of a collection of photos taken by Judith Phillips. If so, Judith instructs the subjects on how to pose. Her photos are very arty and run in themes and she holds exhibitions. I like them because they demand attention and make you wonder about them (as you clearly have!).

Edited to add - the only think I found odd about those photos was the fact that JBR's eyebrows look very black in comparison to her very blonde hair. Were her eyebrows pencilled? Or were these photos taken after the return from ther Texas trip when people noticed JBR's hair had been bleached?

I think the Ramsey's alluded to her being drugged. John described bumping her and her not waking up.

This combined with their being inconsistant in their stories and so defiant makes me think it is just another case of trying to shake people off their trail.

Brefie said:
As if John does not remember if he went into the Stine's or not.

Not buying that for a second.
Yeah Brefie-I wonder what the Stines would have said about that! Wouldn't they know? good point, brefie!

Thanks, Ellen!!

You can't tell me that from the second the police got there on the 26th, they weren't asked for ANYTHING from the day before that was suspect. In that case, they went over EVERY SECOND from the 25th over and over again. Not to mention that it was their baby's last Christmas. Those hours are BURNED into their memory and it would take a mircle for me to be convinced otherwise.

Hmmm, looking back at my neices behavior on x-mas day makes me think that yes, JonBenet could easily have fallen deeply asleep within a few minutes.

My neice at 6 years old was up before the crack of dawn on x-mas day and tried to get us all up because she was so excited to open her presents (she didn't know we were up putting the finishing touches on the tree, stuffing the stockings and putting her presents from "Santa" under it until 1am). She stayed up all day and had a blast playing with all her new stuff. Right after dinner she went into her room and within 5 minutes she was in a deep sleep, still sitting on the floor with one of her new toys in her hands. Her cousins (my other neices & nephews) were in the same room playing rather loudly and that's why I went to see what was going on and found her sleeping sitting up. Picking her up and putting her to bed didn't even cause her open her eyes once. She was that deeply asleep.

My sister in law said a few days later that her kids crashed out right after they got home too. We attributed it to the fact that they were all super excited and hyper active all day because it was x-mas. They had been anticipating getting gifts for a long time too.

I think it's pretty normal for even adults to do the same thing on special occasions.

was carried in from the car and then was awakened by Patsy to go to the bathroom around 11pm.

I think jonbenet could very well have fallen asleep very fast.My son can lay on his bed and you turn around hes asleep.I also after alot of thought dont think her parents killed her.Her parents would not have used a stun gun.Didnt a man commit suicide when he was questioned about her?Although it doesnt make sense that a stranger would feel so comortable in that house to do what was done to her and her parents there and brother,unless hes done it before.And even then it seems that hed be a little nervous being in that house. There are jujust TOO MANY unanswered questions to this case,:waitasec: I wish they would crack the case and give Jonbenet the justice that she deserves....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back