960 users online (143 members and 817 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CO - Columbine High School, 13 murdered, 24 injured, 20 April 1999

DENVER (AP) A 1982 BMW advertised as once belonging to one of the gunmen in the Columbine High School killings was pulled from an online auction, a spokesman for eBay said.

"If the owner wanted to sell this car, there's nothing stopping them from doing so," eBay spokesman Hani Durzy told the Rocky Mountain News. "They just can't market it as being owned by Dylan Klebold."

~~~SNIP~~~

"The car was bought without knowing who previously owned it," the seller said on the site. "Once I found out it was Klebold's I put it up here."

~~~SNIP~~~

The vehicle identification number for the BMW listed on eBay matches the number on a police report, the newspaper reported.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/0308/klebold_ap.html
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by the original tez
    DENVER (AP) A 1982 BMW advertised as once belonging to one of the gunmen in the Columbine High School killings was pulled from an online auction, a spokesman for eBay said.

"If the owner wanted to sell this car, there's nothing stopping them from doing so," eBay spokesman Hani Durzy told the Rocky Mountain News. "They just can't market it as being owned by Dylan Klebold."

~~~SNIP~~~

"The car was bought without knowing who previously owned it," the seller said on the site. "Once I found out it was Klebold's I put it up here."

~~~SNIP~~~

The vehicle identification number for the BMW listed on eBay matches the number on a police report, the newspaper reported.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/0308/klebold_ap.html
    Wow! This is so creepy! Do you think it's true that the VIN matches?
    Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison

I don't understand why its a problem to sell a car belonging to a criminal??

Or advertising as such to get more money?

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    I don't understand why its a problem to sell a car belonging to a criminal??

Or advertising as such to get more money?
    I was kinda wondering the same thing. I guess Ebay is bothered by the creep factor. I doubt that's the only item ever listed on Ebay advertised as belonging to a criminal. Maybe the pain is just too raw right now.
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

ME to since I saw some of the creepy John Wayne Gacy clown paintings being sold on ebay a while back.
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

I bet there were people that complained and asked to have it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    I bet there were people that complained and asked to have it removed.
    I bet they did. It's too recent of a thing, too fresh. Most other items you see which are associated with killers are from much older cases. It's still an open wound for many people. Also things like Gacy and
    Manson's junk were not part of a crime scene. This car was. He planted a bomb in it which was supposed to go off at 11:00 a.m, but the dolt set it for p.m. instead. Of course it's a good thing it didn't go off, but you'd think if you were trying to kill hundreds of people, you'd double-check the time

I wonder if the seller on eBay was selling it because he didn't want Klebold's car or because he wanted to get some big bucks? It really gave me the creeps when I read the article and after some thought, I realized its because it was held as evidence all of those years.
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

When BTK was caught I remember reading Ebay was getting rid of all the ads for tickets he wrote. They said something about it was their policy not to sell items from killers and pull any item that they found.

I think it was about it being in bad taste and hurting victims friends and family.

I remember when the (then) current owners of "The Shack" listed it for sale on ebay by putting Laci and Scott Peterson's name in the title. I thought it was in just as bad taste as I do selling this car with Klebold's name attached to it. If you want to sell it, then do. Don't associate it with a glorified killer's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    When BTK was caught I remember reading Ebay was getting rid of all the ads for tickets he wrote. They said something about it was their policy not to sell items from killers and pull any item that they found.

I think it was about it being in bad taste and hurting victims friends and family.
    For me, the creep factor amped up because the car was held as evidence and was part of the actual crime scene. but you're probably right as far as eBay is concerned. It's probably that it's in poor taste and painful. And some things do slip by them. That could also be why people have seen some things on there.
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Quote Originally Posted by beesy
    I wonder if the seller on eBay was selling it because he didn't want Klebold's car or because he wanted to get some big bucks?
    I think the only reason people associate the names is in hopes to make big bucks. Otherwise, why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    I think the only reason people associate the names is in hopes to make big bucks. Otherwise, why bother?
    Definitely big bucks. I think it is absolutely disgusting, not to mention incredibly disrespectful, when people try to capitalize on tragedies.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterj
    I think it is absolutely disgusting, not to mention incredibly disrespectful, when people try to capitalize on tragedies.
    Absolutely disgusting....

Quote Originally Posted by Masterj
    Definitely big bucks. I think it is absolutely disgusting, not to mention incredibly disrespectful, when people try to capitalize on tragedies.
    I found a Columbine message board and posters there say this is the third time this jerk has listed the car. I guess he's hoping to slide by once. They should kick him off.
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...

Columbine depositions to stay sealed

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5580126?source=rss

The depositions of the parents of Columbine killers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold will be kept under seal in the National Archives for 20 years, a federal judge ruled Monday.

No one, including violence prevention experts, will be able to see them until they are unsealed, U.S. District Judge Lewis Babcock ruled. They will be kept permanently in the National Archives, where they are considered to be of historical value.
    I am mindful that there is a legitimate public interest in these materials so that similar tragedies may hopefully be prevented in the future, Babcock said. I conclude, however, that the balance of interests still strikes in favor of maintaining strict confidentiality.

Am I the only one who finds this maddening?
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast