958 users online (177 members and 781 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Terri Hatcher

Forgive me if this was posted already today. I thought that this was a good article, I am glad she finally came forward. http://www.comcast.net/entertainment...08/228955.html

I'm glad she came forward too! Its because of her a monster didn't get off!

Folks, see how long it takes for a victim to come forward! Her parents were in the denial mode too. She didn't see an open door until she was an adult. Oh, the cycle and the hurt and pain. Devastating. Get child molesters off the streets......

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    Folks, see how long it takes for a victim to come forward! Her parents were in the denial mode too. She didn't see an open door until she was an adult. Oh, the cycle and the hurt and pain. Devastating. Get child molesters off the streets......
    I know its really sad. Too wait so long then come forward, its terrible.....

Its so common place ...

How can this be like it is??
    The stats say 3 out of 10 girls!!
    I would estimate that is a low figure.
    We MUST teach our children that this is not ok.

It was local to this area; Sunnyvale, where Terri is from, in between Mountain View, and Santa Clara, and next to Cupertino. It has been on every news broadcast in the last 12 hours. Good that she came forward; it's unfortunate that the abused 14 year old girl committed suicide.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Good for Terri for finally speaking out about what this "trusted" adult did to her!
    Bravo, Girl!

I have an uncle who touched me and I tried to come forward but no-one believed me... told me it must have been a bad dream. My sister then came forward with the same thing and again, she was told she was imagining things. My sister and I know otherwise and have kept my son and my neice away from that man!!

Unhappy

How sad that this happened to her, that it was her uncle, and that his 14-year-old victim commited suicide! Thank-you for the courage to out your molester Terri! Mine was my uncle too...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl
    Good for Terri for finally speaking out about what this "trusted" adult did to her!
    Bravo, Girl!

I have an uncle who touched me and I tried to come forward but no-one believed me... told me it must have been a bad dream. My sister then came forward with the same thing and again, she was told she was imagining things. My sister and I know otherwise and have kept my son and my neice away from that man!!
    Good for you, I also know what's it's like for the family not to believe you. I never let my uncle be alone with me ever again, and he never got near my daughter either... Too bad I didn't have the courage at 13 to have him prosecuted!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl
    Bravo, Girl!

Glad you posted. It happened in my family and my mother never did a thing about it. Three daughters telling her and she only threatened divorce with the second. With me I told right away and she ignored it. Buty luckily I was old enough he knew I would report him. It was my own Dad.
    What bothers me more than anything is the stigma I feel when I ever talk about it. We weren't uneducated white trash hillbillies from the movie Deliverance. It was a terrible thing that shaped our lives. Oddly enough I found people like us to be very resiliant. Some never get over it but others turn out to be strong.
    Let us not forget the boys that are molested. They likely have a harder time than us girls when it comes to admitting it.

My Uncle tried some funny stuff with me too, and would say things out of line too me and I remember feeling really weird around him, and being so scared to tell my parents which I didnt until I was an adult, and even then I only told my Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    How sad that this happened to her, that it was her uncle, and that his 14-year-old victim commited suicide! Thank-you for the courage to out your molester Terri! Mine was my uncle too...
    That is so sad the child killed herself. I feel like he should have been charged with murder. Do you know what his sentence was?

Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    That is so sad the child killed herself. I feel like he should have been charged with murder. Do you know what his sentence was?
    I think they said 14 years, but you are right he should be charged with that. His perverted act led to that poor child killing herself!

I'm glad to see that she came forward with this. Sadly, I've just recently been exposed to abuse like this. Not in my own family (Thank God), but because of a close friend/co-worker of mine.

She has two grown daughters. One older than me and one younger. Her youngest had flashbacks about 4 years ago of being molested by her father when she was a little girl. The father denied it and my friend, C, stuffed it. Then a year and a half ago her oldest daughter went through the same thing. This time C couldn't stuff it. She believed it happened and consequently divorced her husband and she and her daughters are in family therapy together. They still have alot of progress to go and the ******* father still denies it.

SQV, I think sending Terri a note would be a really nice gesture and I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

awww, thats sweet of you too acknowledge that you feel guilty for saying some things about her. But kids are kids and we could all be brats and mean . I sometimes hear things about some of the people I grew up with and as an adult now I look back and think My gosh who would have known that was going on in their house. Its very sad and scary.
    Last edited by Amraann; 03-10-2006 at 05:02 PM. Reason: requested

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast