Terri Hatcher

I'm glad she came forward too! Its because of her a monster didn't get off!

Folks, see how long it takes for a victim to come forward! Her parents were in the denial mode too. She didn't see an open door until she was an adult. Oh, the cycle and the hurt and pain. Devastating. Get child molesters off the streets......

concernedperson said:
Folks, see how long it takes for a victim to come forward! Her parents were in the denial mode too. She didn't see an open door until she was an adult. Oh, the cycle and the hurt and pain. Devastating. Get child molesters off the streets......
I know its really sad. Too wait so long then come forward, its terrible.....

Its so common place ...

How can this be like it is??
The stats say 3 out of 10 girls!!
I would estimate that is a low figure.
We MUST teach our children that this is not ok.

It was local to this area; Sunnyvale, where Terri is from, in between Mountain View, and Santa Clara, and next to Cupertino. It has been on every news broadcast in the last 12 hours. Good that she came forward; it's unfortunate that the abused 14 year old girl committed suicide.

Good for Terri for finally speaking out about what this "trusted" adult did to her!
Bravo, Girl!

I have an uncle who touched me and I tried to come forward but no-one believed me... told me it must have been a bad dream. My sister then came forward with the same thing and again, she was told she was imagining things. My sister and I know otherwise and have kept my son and my neice away from that man!!

How sad that this happened to her, that it was her uncle, and that his 14-year-old victim commited suicide! Thank-you for the courage to out your molester Terri!:clap: :clap: :clap: Mine was my uncle too...:sick:

OneLostGrl said:
Good for Terri for finally speaking out about what this "trusted" adult did to her!
Bravo, Girl!

I have an uncle who touched me and I tried to come forward but no-one believed me... told me it must have been a bad dream. My sister then came forward with the same thing and again, she was told she was imagining things. My sister and I know otherwise and have kept my son and my neice away from that man!!
Good for you, I also know what's it's like for the family not to believe you. I never let my uncle be alone with me ever again, and he never got near my daughter either... Too bad I didn't have the courage at 13 to have him prosecuted!

OneLostGrl said:
Bravo, Girl!

Glad you posted. It happened in my family and my mother never did a thing about it. Three daughters telling her and she only threatened divorce with the second. With me I told right away and she ignored it. Buty luckily I was old enough he knew I would report him. It was my own Dad.
What bothers me more than anything is the stigma I feel when I ever talk about it. We weren't uneducated white trash hillbillies from the movie Deliverance. It was a terrible thing that shaped our lives. Oddly enough I found people like us to be very resiliant. Some never get over it but others turn out to be strong.
Let us not forget the boys that are molested. They likely have a harder time than us girls when it comes to admitting it.

My Uncle tried some funny stuff with me too, and would say things out of line too me and I remember feeling really weird around him, and being so scared to tell my parents which I didnt until I was an adult, and even then I only told my Mom.

LinasK said:
How sad that this happened to her, that it was her uncle, and that his 14-year-old victim commited suicide! Thank-you for the courage to out your molester Terri!:clap: :clap: :clap: Mine was my uncle too...:sick:
That is so sad the child killed herself. I feel like he should have been charged with murder. Do you know what his sentence was?

Becba said:
That is so sad the child killed herself. I feel like he should have been charged with murder. Do you know what his sentence was?
I think they said 14 years, but you are right he should be charged with that. His perverted act led to that poor child killing herself!

I'm glad to see that she came forward with this. Sadly, I've just recently been exposed to abuse like this. Not in my own family (Thank God), but because of a close friend/co-worker of mine.

She has two grown daughters. One older than me and one younger. Her youngest had flashbacks about 4 years ago of being molested by her father when she was a little girl. The father denied it and my friend, C, stuffed it. Then a year and a half ago her oldest daughter went through the same thing. This time C couldn't stuff it. She believed it happened and consequently divorced her husband and she and her daughters are in family therapy together. They still have alot of progress to go and the father still denies it.

SQV, I think sending Terri a note would be a really nice gesture and I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

awww, thats sweet of you too acknowledge that you feel guilty for saying some things about her. But kids are kids and we could all be brats and mean:D . I sometimes hear things about some of the people I grew up with and as an adult now I look back and think My gosh who would have known that was going on in their house. Its very sad and scary.

I think a note or a card would be really nice, especially if terri has issues still with how hard it was when she was a child and maybe feeling like an "outcast" around other kids who had "normal" childhoods. It may be what she needs to really help lift her spirits up, you never know what will help someone.Thats the good thing about getting older we really do get wiser, most of us anyway, lol. And with that we have the ability to right any wrongs maybe we did when we were young and naive or whatever. I cant tell you how many times I have thought about something I did as a stupid teenager and have wanted to write a letter!

BillyGoatGruff said:
You could send her a note via the show. That's how they all get their fan mail.
That's an idea, too. Maybe I'll do that. I might not even sign it..........

Abuse Victim's Parents Praise 'Brave' Hatcher

Van Cleemput's parents are grateful that Hatcher had the strength to speak out, and have praised her recent frank interview with Vanity Fair magazine where she reveals her torment for the first time to the public.

Patrick Van Cleemput says, "This man devastated all of our lives.

"Teri has been battling with it for more than 30 years and is still suffering. To come forward takes great courage."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3483288

My little girl was molested by my stepson when she was 5 years old. I don't even think I've ever posted about this on this forum. The day I found out what he was doing to her was the day the world came to a stand-still or so it seemed. I walked away from my marriage that day, believing everything my little girl told me. I stopped at nothing to make sure that the piece of filth that stole her innocence paid the price for what he did and to make sure he did it to no other child. Yes, I pressed charges, not caring who he was or how old he was (15). I was crucified by my husbands (now ex husband's) family for having put their grandson and/or nephew through "as they said" hell, for having him arrested "he's just a boy". Give me a break. How is my little girl? She's my rock and my hero. She has overcome the terrible things that happened to her through the love from myself and my family and friends, and through 2 years of counseling. If you were to meet her for the first time, you would see a little girl who loves to play soccer, gets straight A's in school, and is now starting to think that "boys are cute". I know that she will always carry with her through life the ordeal that she had to go through but I hope and pray that she keeps pressing on and to be proud of herself for having done the right thing by telling someone what happened to her. I know I am proud of her...............

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back