Litlstar04

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
08-12-2003 08:45 PM

DoyleModerator

http://www.findkristinsmart.org/ QuickQuote

Up2theminuteRed White & Blonde

Missing Persons Cold Case Network file: Kristin Denise SmartVital Statistics at Time of Disappearance Missing Since: May 25, 1996 from San Luis Obispo, California Classification: Endangered Missing Date Of Birth: February 20, 1977 Age: 19 years old Height and Weight: 6'1; 145 pounds Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark blonde hair, brown eyes. Smart's nicknames are "Roxy" and "Scritter." She had a tan at the time of her May 1996 disappearance. Details of Disappearancehttp://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/ksmart.html

jatContender

Does anyone know why www.sonofsusan.com has been disabled? Will it be activated again?Thanks!jat

Jat, I don't know. I wasn't even aware of it until after you mentioned it and I clicked on the link. I checked the Smart family website and there's no mention about it. In fact they still mention the sonofsusan website and provide a link. Maybe it's just a technical problem.

I just checked again now and www.sonofsusan.com is back up there. Must have been a technical problem. I thought maybe Paul Flores gave in and cooperated, as the message always says the website will be taken down once he does. Oh well, wishful thinking.

Litlstar04Bronze

I checked it out today, and it looks like we have a civil trial coming up for PF! Should be interesting to see all of the evidence against him presented in a court of law.

jatContender

Wow! That is pretty interesting. Thanks for the info.

Oh my God, this is absolutely great news! I'll have to talk more about this later!

Litlstar04Bronze

I just checked the son of susan site today, and Dennis goes into great detail about the case through an email that Kristin's mom sent him. It sounds promising, but I'm still not ready to get my hopes up that this civil trial will bring resolution for the Smart family. Unbelievably, the Sheriff's department is refusing to give the Smart's lawyer what info they have! They're even fighting the subpoena. Now, why would they do this? So, if the lawyers don't have new info. when they go in front of a judge in November, the judge can throw out the case, allowing Paul to walk away from this once again. I'm going to try to see if there's some victim's organization or something that helps families out in times like this. It's so frustrating!

Oh that is crap. What is wrong with them?! I really feel it's because they had/have info that they know to others would look like they blatantly neglected to follow up on and they're worried that the family may sue them too. Oh well, too bad. The family has every right to do what they have to do in order to find some sort of resolution with this case. It's been over seven years now. Just because the lines between the role of campus police and city police were blurry back then shouldn't mean that there is no way to legally work things out now.
*My opinions and examination of case info based on news, media, and other knowledgeable sources.*Just Put the fork down.... Last edited by Up2theminute on 09-25-2003 at 01:44 AM

Litlstar04Bronze

Still waiting for news on the police department fighting the subpoena. In the meantime, for the sake of speculation, let's pretend that LE has to hand their reports over. Has anyone heard of a situation where there's a civil trial before the criminal trial? Do you think a criminal trial is a possibility after the civil trial in this case?

rachelContender

Lil'star: yes, from what i understood from reading the sonofsusan website, a criminal and civil lawsuit can be totally unrelated. There can be a civil trial, and then a criminal trial....I hope that DM and the smarts get that little creep!Did you read on the website that "kristin isn't considered a victim because there isn't a body!" unbelievable!

Litlstar04Bronze

http://www.sonofsusan.com/NewsGood.html

That's great news, looking forward to hearing the updates and everything on it soon. I can't wait till we can "know" everything!

Litlstar04Bronze

quote: While invoking the Fifth Amendment can't be held against a person in criminal court, it can be used in civil court. from http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/7391.htmI found this in an article about Etan Patz, but I thought it was also relevant to Kristin's case. They're so going to get PF

Dennis Mahon's website has been updated with new information:
http://www.sonofsusan.com/Decenber30th2003.html

Also, these pages were linked to, which I'd never read before, so I thought I'd post them in case they become hidden again. But, there's some really interesting information I'd never heard before that I'd like to discuss if anyone gets a chance.
http://www.sonofsusan.com/BigStory.html
http://www.sonofsusan.com/SearchParty.html

Happy New Year, everyone, and let's hope this year brings closure to the families of all of the missing!

Oh my gosh! Kristen has been on my mind so much the last few days. I couldn't find her thread on WS and couldn't remember the name of Dennis's website. I finally found it yesterday but did not see the pages you posted.

It seems that everything leads back to Paul Flores (big surprise) and now this Jeremy guy. Maybe something will come of this new information.

I can't imagine the hell that the Smarts and other families must be going through, not knowing where their loved ones are...

Litlstar, I hadn't read that article before..thank you for posting it. I knew there were some sort of search that went on there but I wasn't sure how extensive it was..I did know that the concrete slab was never investigated.
I still think there is something to do concrete slab. I don't care whether or not the bloodhounds didn't come across anything. It could have just been too long afterwards. I don't know.

Wasblind/Lanie, Thanks for giving this thread a bump. I think Kristin's birthday is coming up soon this month too.

(By the way..Happy Belated Birthday, Litlstar! :HappyBday Sorry I missed out saying that on your actual b-day! :D )

I guess we should be shocked he hasn't left sooner. I hope they still try to keep tabs on him if he does go over there. I'm getting an Ira Einhorn feeling about this. :behindbar

Litlstar04 said:

According to the link you posted, DM writes "I have already spoken with contacts who have their own contacts in Holland and the ball is already rolling."

From what little I do know of DM, he's covered all his bases.

Bless you all for caring about Kristin and all the missing and those left behind to search for them.
With love and hope, Lanie
Help For The Missing
MissingProfiles@yahoo.com

Litlstar, What is your opinion of Rex Krebs as a suspect?
This is a good article. Hope to see you over yonder if you have time.

Posted on Sat, Apr. 17, 2004

Remembering victims, not crimes

Annual weeklong event honors lives lost, affected by sexual assault

Laurie Phillips

The Tribune

CAL POLY - On Friday, the Jennifer Street Bridge became the place to remember Rachel Newhouse -- as she was before she crossed it.

Many local people know the story of the Cal Poly student's attack and abduction from the bridge more than five years ago. Rex Krebs, convicted for the crimes, took her to his Avila Valley property, where she was raped and asphyxiated.

But Cal Poly students pointed out that most people don't know enough about the life Krebs took and the lives of countless sexual assault victims.

San Luis Obispo Tribune

Just curious. Has anybody seen or heard the findings of the last search that happened for Ms. Smart back in late July? I havent talked to Dennis Mahon lately and I wondered if anybody on here has a news article or something?

Ms. Denise Smart is a very kind lady. She's fought so hard to find Kristin since she disappeared. My thoughts and prayers are with the Smarts.

Dennis Mahon told me last night that the current search for Kristin Smart has been going slow. He said that they are having problems with smog in that area which hender the abilities of the cadaver dogs. I dont think the current search has been halted, just on a day and then off again.

Also they are saying that the billboard that was put up is what brought in the anomyous tip. This is a good thing to hear. These things do help.

www.sonofsusan.com

Thinking of Kristin Smart and those searching for her.

I was curious if anybody ever looked into the disappearance(s) of Rachel Newhouse and Aundria Crawford and if that man (I forgot his name, Rex Crebbs maybe?) who is in jail now could have possibly been involved with Kristin Smart's disappearance? A&E did a show on this on Tuesday night and I noticed the area was the same. The police on the show said they did not know but it was possible he was responsible for more?

If you go to Kristin's site (the one maintained by her unpaid PI) www.sonofsusan.com you will see there is no need to investigate any other persons other than Paul Flores and his family, who have helped conceal Kristin since that fateful day.

Maybe you can sign the petition to dig up the family yard.

Praying for answers and justice. Much love to the Smart's, Lanie
* waving to the EB man *

WasBlind said:
Thanks for your post WithoutATrace

If you go to Kristin's site (the one maintained by her unpaid PI) www.sonofsusan.com you will see there is no need to investigate any other persons other than Paul Flores and his family, who have helped conceal Kristin since that fateful day.

Maybe you can sign the petition to dig up the family yard.

Praying for answers and justice. Much love to the Smart's, Lanie
* waving to the EB man *
I've always agreed with Dennis' theory on Flores. I guess the reason I asked about Newhouse's abductor was because somewhere on Laci Peterson's thread they had stated that Scott Peterson was even looked at for possible connections to Kristin Smart (which I think is crazy). I figured that the Flores group would be allover that new thought and trying to get people to look into it to take the suspicion off them. Thanks for writing back.

Search continues for Kristin Smart

By: Adrienne Moore
May 25 2005

For the last nine years, Kristin Smart's family says they've been living a nightmare. While the missing Cal Poly freshman's case is still active with the sheriff's department, her parents say it's more important than ever to keep her story in the community spotlight.

On May 25, 1996, 19-year old Kristin Smart disappeared, and the search for answers continues. Smart was last seen walking to her Cal Poly dorm after a party with Paul Flores, the man currently considered a person of interest in the case.

"We have not lost hope that the case will be solved," says Captain Gary Hoving, of the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department. "So long as new and additional information comes in, we will continue to work on the case."

Smart family friend Dennis Mahon says finding Kristin is his life's goal. The North Carolina native has created a website for the Smart's daughter and continues to post signs around town, in an effort to keep Kristin's story fresh in the public's mind.

"About a month ago, Gerald Shea, the district attorney, personally drove five hours north to meet with the Smart's, and we're encouraged by that," says Mahon.

Currently, the Smart case is active, with one full-time sheriff's detective sifting through leads. About six months ago, a dive team scored a private ranch in San Luis Obispo County, after receiving a credible tip that Smart's body was at the bottom of the lake.

"The location was plausible, so we assembled a dive team and we searched the entire bottom of that lake, and we did not find any evidence in the case," says Hoving.

In a prepared statement, Kristin's mother, Denise Smart, tells Action News:

"We have had to face something even worse than losing a child; it's coming to terms with the fact that our Kristin is not actually lost! There is someone who knows where she is...This was a girl who believed in tomorrow. We can do nothing less for her. We must also believe in tomorrow, meet the challenge, and do whatever it takes to bring her home. She would have done nothing less for us."

The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department says they receive dozens of tips nearly every week in the Smart case, and are currently pursuing what they believe is a strong lead at the moment. If you have any information that can help detectives, you're asked to call the sheriff's department immediately.

http://www.ksby.com/home/headlines/1597172.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member