721 users online (79 members and 642 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    If you go to Kristin's site (the one maintained by her unpaid PI) www.sonofsusan.com you will see there is no need to investigate any other persons other than Paul Flores and his family, who have helped conceal Kristin since that fateful day.

Maybe you can sign the petition to dig up the family yard.

Praying for answers and justice. Much love to the Smart's, Lanie
    * waving to the EB man *
    Last edited by WasBlind; 08-20-2004 at 08:07 AM. Reason: changes

Quote Originally Posted by WasBlind
    Thanks for your post WithoutATrace

If you go to Kristin's site (the one maintained by her unpaid PI) www.sonofsusan.com you will see there is no need to investigate any other persons other than Paul Flores and his family, who have helped conceal Kristin since that fateful day.

Maybe you can sign the petition to dig up the family yard.

Praying for answers and justice. Much love to the Smart's, Lanie
    * waving to the EB man *
    I've always agreed with Dennis' theory on Flores. I guess the reason I asked about Newhouse's abductor was because somewhere on Laci Peterson's thread they had stated that Scott Peterson was even looked at for possible connections to Kristin Smart (which I think is crazy). I figured that the Flores group would be allover that new thought and trying to get people to look into it to take the suspicion off them. Thanks for writing back.

Yes, I saw that. I posted, post # 57 I believe.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11452

With love and HOPE, Lanie
    Help For The Missing
    HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com
    Last edited by WasBlind; 08-20-2004 at 08:06 AM. Reason: changes

Search continues for Kristin Smart

By: Adrienne Moore
    May 25 2005

For the last nine years, Kristin Smart's family says they've been living a nightmare. While the missing Cal Poly freshman's case is still active with the sheriff's department, her parents say it's more important than ever to keep her story in the community spotlight.

On May 25, 1996, 19-year old Kristin Smart disappeared, and the search for answers continues. Smart was last seen walking to her Cal Poly dorm after a party with Paul Flores, the man currently considered a person of interest in the case.

"We have not lost hope that the case will be solved," says Captain Gary Hoving, of the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department. "So long as new and additional information comes in, we will continue to work on the case."

Smart family friend Dennis Mahon says finding Kristin is his life's goal. The North Carolina native has created a website for the Smart's daughter and continues to post signs around town, in an effort to keep Kristin's story fresh in the public's mind.

"About a month ago, Gerald Shea, the district attorney, personally drove five hours north to meet with the Smart's, and we're encouraged by that," says Mahon.

Currently, the Smart case is active, with one full-time sheriff's detective sifting through leads. About six months ago, a dive team scored a private ranch in San Luis Obispo County, after receiving a credible tip that Smart's body was at the bottom of the lake.

"The location was plausible, so we assembled a dive team and we searched the entire bottom of that lake, and we did not find any evidence in the case," says Hoving.

In a prepared statement, Kristin's mother, Denise Smart, tells Action News:

"We have had to face something even worse than losing a child; it's coming to terms with the fact that our Kristin is not actually lost! There is someone who knows where she is...This was a girl who believed in tomorrow. We can do nothing less for her. We must also believe in tomorrow, meet the challenge, and do whatever it takes to bring her home. She would have done nothing less for us."

The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department says they receive dozens of tips nearly every week in the Smart case, and are currently pursuing what they believe is a strong lead at the moment. If you have any information that can help detectives, you're asked to call the sheriff's department immediately.

http://www.ksby.com/home/headlines/1597172.html

Questions remain unanswered in Smart case

Please remember the Smart family and Kristin tomorrow on the 10th anniversary of her dissappearance.

Decade passes; pain lingers

Missing teen's family continues hunt for answers

It was 10 years ago today that Kristin Smart, an athletic, tall and vibrant 19-year-old woman from Stockton vanished from a college campus in San Luis Obispo.

Her disappearance touched off a nationwide story, and hundreds traveled to help find her. Even more have posted their own theories on Web sites speculating what happened after she left a drunken party at California Polytechnic State University.

Still, no arrests have been made, and she has never been found.

much more at link
    http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d...605250335/1001

Was this the girl whom there was some question during the Laci case that SP might have known her/had something to do with her disappearance, but it was ruled out?

Prayers for her, her family, and for all the missing.

Kristin Smart's Family Seeks File On Paul Flores For Civil Case

Ten and a half years after she vanished from the Cal Poly campus, the Kristin Smart case is back in a San Luis Obispo County courtroom.

Still to this day, no one has ever been charged with Kristin's death. And almost a decade after her disappearance, San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's detectives insist her case remains active and open.

Today, attorneys representing the Smart family, the County and Paul Flores went before a county judge. The Smart family's attorney is seeking the case file from the Sheriff's Department for a civil case the family has filed against Paul Flores.

The former Cal Poly student is the last person seen with Kristin and considered a "person of interest" by authorities. The Sheriff's Department does not want to release the information, saying it would jeopardize their investigation.

http://www.ksby.com/news/headlines/5125796.html

I wonder if the judge made that ruling yet? When I filed a civil suit against the city of Anacortes, Washington my attorney was able to get all of the files on the murder of my daughter even though the killer was still on the run. I don't believe that he had any problems getting the files. We knew who the killer was and there was a warrent out for him and he had been charged but he sure hadn't been taken to trial yet. It seems it should be easier to get the files if no suspect has been named yet. I don't know but that is how it seems to me. I guess it just depends on the police department and if they want to hand over the files or not.

I'm wondering how easy it would be to win a civil suit if the person they are going after...Flores...hasn't been charged with murder?

It is unbelievable that Kristen has never been found. It seems that someone should have stumbled upon on her at some point unless he took her way out in a rural area and buried her so deep that she wouldn't ever be found. Are there rural areas around there where that might be possible?

My heart goes out to Kristen's family. I can't even begin to imagine what they have been living through after all of these years. A person couldn't possibly go on with their life not knowing what happened to their daughter. What a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    It is unbelievable that Kristen has never been found. It seems that someone should have stumbled upon on her at some point unless he took her way out in a rural area and buried her so deep that she wouldn't ever be found. Are there rural areas around there where that might be possible?
    It's not that incredible. If she was put in a Dumpster and taken away with the rest of the trash, her body would be in a landfill and would never be found unless someone was actively looking for it -- and maybe not even then.

If you look at Doe or at the Charley Project you'll find loads of cases of obviously dead missing people whose bodies never turned up and never will.

The San Luis Obispo Sheriff's department received a tip to what might be the missing remains of vanished Cal Poly student Kristin Smart.
    Officials say the tip indicated that bones were found in a Cal Poly water tank, possibly related to the Smart case.
    Detectives checked out the tank Friday but did not find any human remains.
    Smart went missing nearly 11 years ago.
    The 19-year-old was last seen walking home from a party

http://www.keyt.com/news/local/5915746.html

Wow, it would be nice for them to finally find her remains...

I recall Scott Peterson being mentioned because he was in San Luis Obispo at the time- did LE ever rule him out?

I am pretty sure that he was ruled out or discounted awhile ago. If you goto www.sonofsusan.com, you can read all about the case and the main suspect Paul Flores.

This is from the above website - more at the link

Scott Peterson and Paul Flores

So many people ask me if there is any chance that Scott may be involved in Kristin's disappearance. I have decided that now is a good time to let you know what I know and leave it up to you to make up your own mind.

First, regardless of whether or not Scott is involved, one thing is for sure...Paul Flores is definitely involved in the respect that at the very least he knows more than he is saying and he and his family are refusing to cooperate with investigators. This is not a case of either/or. It is more a matter if Paul had any help and if so, was Scott Peterson one of those who helped.

The common thread here is Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo. All of the main players went to college there at the same time. That includes Kristin, Paul, Laci, Scott as well as Ermelinda Flores (Paul's sister) and Brett MAcArthur - the man Ermelinda eventually married.

I am not positive that Ermelinda and Brett attended Cal Poly at the same time - but I was told that they were also students.

After Kristin vanished, investigators covered the campus with a massive interview sweep which included, as I understand it, about 600 letters to students who were living on campus asking if anyone knew anything about Kristin's case.

Scott Peterson was mailed one of those letters but he never responded. That isn't saying all that much though because as it was told to me - a lot of students didn't respond.

When the bright light of justice began to seriously bore in on Scott, this naturally brought much needed attention to Kristin. San Luis Obispo Sheriff's department did look into the possibility and even called the Smarts wondering if Kristin had ever mentioned Scott.

Then, rather quickly, San Luis Obispo Sheriff's department made a statement saying that there was no connection to Scott having anything to do with Kristin's case.

Kristin Smart, missing freshman, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo 1996

I was surprised that we didn't have a thread specifically for Kristen.

Kristin Smart's Family Hopes for Break in Case

Nearly 11 years to the day after the disappearance and murder of their daughter, the Smart family of Stockton is hopeful a break in the case is coming.

Kristin Smart was a freshman at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo when she disappeared while walking home from a party. The young man who was with her was never charged or called a suspect. Paul Flores is, however, described by investigators as a "person of interest."

http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=28148

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast